Alvaro Morata (24 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He is the Primal, the alpha and omega of this forum.
I know Martin started it but I didn't know he launched it literally with hours left in the year.

Is the forum equipped for when Andy gets 100k posts or are we going to witness a real Y2K?

- - - Updated - - -

well, generally when you start a website there's only one person who knows about it at first, isn't there?
Let's try this again: Between the moment the website was launched around noon and between then and 11:59pm December 31st, 2000 was there anyone that signed up that is still active today or shortly there after?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Llorente played like Morata did yesterday, I would be overjoyed. He assisted one goal, his deflected cross created the other goal. He made several nice passes that set up other chances, he held the ball up well when asked, plus won the ball back in the attacking half more than once. His pace also allowed us to counter effectively.

Llorente can't pass, doesn't create chances for others, his hold up play has been terrible this year, and he never wins the ball back. He fouls defenders quite frequently with his clumsy attempts to get the ball back after he gives it away.

Morata wasn't brilliant, but he was good, better than Llorente has been in 95% of his matches this year. As soon as Morata gets his finishing down, he will be a very good striker.
:tup:

llorente needs to step up his game. but im not sure if he will be able to. At this point..i think what we are seeing is the final product... so yeah..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I know Martin started it but I didn't know he launched it literally with hours left in the year.

Is the forum equipped for when Andy gets 100k posts or are we going to witness a real Y2K?
y2k was a scam mounted by IT consultants

Let's try this again: Between the moment the website was launched around noon and between then and 11:59pm December 31st, 2000 was there anyone that signed up that is still active today or shortly there after?
yes

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

llorente needs to step up his game. but im not sure if he will be able to. At this point..i think what we are seeing is the final product... so yeah..
I like Llorente, and he showed flashes last year of what made him very good at Bilbao. I still think that year of basically riding the bench at Bilbao while waiting for his contract to expire, really screwed him. He still looks like half the player, even in terms of fitness, and his mobility has deteriorated to being pretty much awful now.

He was never a world beater though. Even at his best with 29 goals in 52 games all comps in 11/12 he wasn't world class. That season in La Liga he scored 17 goals in 32 games. It was the Copa Del Rey and Europa where he scored the other 12 goals to give him the impressive overall total, but most of those goals were against dreadful competition.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I like Llorente, and he showed flashes last year of what made him very good at Bilbao. I still think that year of basically riding the bench at Bilbao while waiting for his contract to expire, really screwed him. He still looks like half the player, even in terms of fitness, and his mobility has deteriorated to being pretty much awful now.

He was never a world beater though. Even at his best with 29 goals in 52 games all comps in 11/12 he wasn't world class. That season in La Liga he scored 17 goals in 32 games. It was the Copa Del Rey and Europa where he scored the other 12 goals to give him the impressive overall total, but most of those goals were against dreadful competition.

We also play dreadful competition in Serie A :D

But anyways, I'm giving this guy and Pereyra the benefit of the doubt. We'll see how they turn out against stronger adversaries.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyone else think Morata looks soft?

Always seemes terribly affronted when a defender is in any way rough in a challenge with him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He seems unfocused and too eager to me. Needs to calm down.

What really pissed me off in the last game, was that play when it was clear as water that he needed to shoot but instead he send a weird cross to Tevez and fed up the play.
I mean, he already had 2 assists at that stage of the game, so i dont know why he doesnt tried to score. It was a very bad decition who could have costed us in a tighter game. It irked me that as a forward he should be more selfish and decisive in those kind of situations

Quaglia18

May 8, 2012
Anyone else think Morata looks soft?

Always seemes terribly affronted when a defender is in any way rough in a challenge with him.
This. Spot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully next season he will only be back up to both Zaza and Llorente , or Real Madrid take up their 30 mil buy back clause ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What i mostly noticed, was how with Morata we are pretty damn quick on the counter, that he was connecting with players around him like llorente is supposed to, and can make actions when drifting out wide

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
What i mostly noticed, was how with Morata we are pretty damn quick on the counter, that he was connecting with players around him like llorente is supposed to, and can make actions when drifting out wide
His runs and general off the ball movement is so much better than Llorente's, especially considering the way we play now. His workrate is great too, but his endproduct has been somewhat poor, like that cannonball cross to Tevez late on in the game. His confidence seems really low, so I hope he gets a good run of games, as Llorente is too static to make this work and isn't really an option for the future.

Oh and like Red said, he needs to man the fuck up.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
On another note I think we should show him some videos of Krasic in Juventus. I hate it when players never look up when they have the ball, they are only looking at the ball at their feat and what is exactly in front of them. So often he misses his surroundings and I think that is also why his decisions some times look really awkward. Instead of passing, he dribbles/fumbles and when he finally passes it is too late. I don't think those poor decisions are based on stupidity but merely the case of him not really looking up (he is not even aware of the possible decision to pass).
Yes, Tevez can at times do the same but his determination at least gets him somewhere (instead of fumbling) and he seems to be much more aware of his surroundings. When he is not passing it is an "active" decision not to pass while Morata doesn't even see the option.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He seems unfocused and too eager to me. Needs to calm down.

What really pissed me off in the last game, was that play when it was clear as water that he needed to shoot but instead he send a weird cross to Tevez and fed up the play.
I mean, he already had 2 assists at that stage of the game, so i dont know why he doesnt tried to score. It was a very bad decition who could have costed us in a tighter game. It irked me that as a forward he should be more selfish and decisive in those kind of situations
And what is interesting is that Teves was in a similar position maybe even at a tighter angle with a much easier possible assist to make yet he decided to shoot and he scored. Thats the power of confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)