Alvaro Morata (164 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oct 23, 2011
Needs more ego. Always passes to a fully covered Tevez instead of just shooting.
Yeah, noticed that as well. Strange thing is that he was quite the opposite not to long ago. It has all to do with confidence though, watching Llorente start while he put some awful performances must have really hurt his confidence. Give him a couple of games and once he scores the rest of the goals will follow.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The guy adds SO MUCH more than Llorente. Goals or not, you can hear from the crowd when he gets the ball they enjoy him much more than Llorente. Whenever hes starts one of his bursting runs with the ball the crowd goes crazy.

-Doesn't lose possession nearly as much as Llorente
-Takes defenders on, is becoming less selfish.
-Opens up a lot of space, drags defenders.
-Can actually hold up the ball.

Needs to start from now on. The goals will come.

- - - Updated - - -

Needs more ego. Always passes to a fully covered Tevez instead of just shooting.
icemaη;4805332 said:
He'll be alright once he scores a couple of goals. A lot of it is down to confidence.
A couple weeks ago people blamed him for being "TOO" selfish and not passing, now he is passing and incorporating his teammates more. Like I said, the goals will come. As Ice says, his confidence will grow once we see a couple goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Even when he's not a threat to score, he offers much more than Llorente.

Llorente should only be a starter if he's in a run at goalscoring. He had few good matches when not scoring.
:agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
+

-fouls defenders far less often
-actually wins the ball back occasionally
I saw on at least 3 occasions today where he tracked back to our defensive third to help win the ball back or help defensively. Llorente rarely does that because he doesn't have the pace to recover then counter so you see Tevez do it more often. Morata helps Tevez out by splitting the workload defensively.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Morata clearly has WC potential. He's got the tools to be a complete and dominant striker. He's tall, very fast for his size, good acceleration, fairly strong, shoots with both legs, great ball control and first touch, is fast with the ball, is intelligent. A classic CF.

What he lacks is the trust in himself. He's pretty insecure and anxious. This makes his decision making poor, even though he seems intelligent. This barrier must be broken. If it is, he will be one of the best strikers of the world. I really like his game.

So yes Marotta paid a hell lot of money for him, and paid for potential. The buy back clause is a problem. But the potential is there.
He has the potential and talent regardless of what certain silly people say. There's only a few forwards in each generation that show like he did at a young age in the U21, U19, and youth levels.

Like you say, insecurity and anxiety are his problems. He has a very weak mentality. He gets frustrated too easily, he let's pressure get to him too easily, he jumps from way too selfish, to way too selfless, without really finding the middle ground, when he's criticized for one or the other. He needs to rely on his instinct more, like he did at the youth level, and understand and be okay with the fact he's not going to dominate at this level like he did there, not yet. If he can fix his head, he could be one of the best strikers on the planet, for all the tools are certainly there.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Too early to say a waste of 20 mil on this guy ?!

Even at Madrid he never looked anything special.
Way too early.

He's a 22 year old who is still adapting to Serie A, where there are much tighter spaces than in La Liga.

He is also a young, strong player with excellent speed for his size, is good with both feet, and is basically a one man counter attack. He opens up a defense on his own. All those long passes that defense have been trying for the last 3 years? Morata actually gets to those.

My problem with him, is that he can be too cute sometimes with the ball at his feet.

Case in point, yesterday's match.

There was a sequence where he was at the top of the box, just outside the penalty area, where he had the ball, and Pereyra was right next to him and was starting to break past the defense. A simple pass would have led Pereyra one v one against the keeper, but instead, he backheeled it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Even on his bad days.. i prefer his speed, trickery and potential counterattacks to what Llorente can offer. in our CURRENT system theres no point in arguing that Morata offers much more...goals or not.

Right now we are quite happy with him even when he is having a rought patch (seems mentally not focused or tranquil enought)....
So I imagine that on his good days he will be simply a force to be reckoned and to be trusted.

Again... his speed, his counter capability and his stamina are more than enought for me... to choose him as a partner to lorente. It also makes our attacks more unpredictable...as not everything has to go thru tevez.

*puts tie and suit*

On the more corporate side of things.... guys..we paid 20 mils plus for this guy...so we better play him now that we can..or we will have to accept that we wasted those 20 mils and threw them down the drain. We only will benefit from this investment by playing him NOW.. not next year or onwards. Just for this...we need to bench Llorente and make Mprata play all the time.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it's funny how people here want to sign some random kid from clubs, and go crazy when we cant cuz the price is too high. what they dont realize is that these kids play every minute. good or bad they get consistent playing time to develop.

yet people here want to ditch him after less than half a season of playing time. and then they wonder why juve cant sign young payers before they become world class

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
it's funny how people here want to sign some random kid from clubs, and go crazy when we cant cuz the price is too high. what they dont realize is that these kids play every minute. good or bad they get consistent playing time to develop.

yet people here want to ditch him after less than half a season of playing time. and then they wonder why juve cant sign young payers before they become world class
The worst part is that they prefer useless players like Llorente.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Still hasn't done enough to demand a starting role for us. Seems not sharp enough or sometimes not motivated enough. He is simply not ready as it seems. There is a reason why Allegri is using him the way he is.

But to say he is a waste of money is simply too early at this point. For all we know he could turn out to be a very good striker. We didn't have this kind of a striker for a very long time. He has great potential and his skills are good, he just needs to learn to use them better. At any rate this guy is still 22, he can play here for 3 seasons and still be 24-25. He can take his time developing even as a second choice for now, there is no rush. I believe he will get better with time, maybe we will see him take a starting role next year.

One thing I'm sure of, he will perform alot better in europe. I would like him to be a starter in the CL.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Still hasn't done enough to demand a starting role for us. Seems not sharp enough or sometimes not motivated enough. He is simply not ready as it seems. There is a reason why Allegri is using him the way he is.

But to say he is a waste of money is simply too early at this point. For all we know he could turn out to be a very good striker. We didn't have this kind of a striker for a very long time. He has great potential and his skills are good, he just needs to learn to use them better. At any rate this guy is still 22, he can play here for 3 seasons and still be 24-25. He can take his time developing even as a second choice for now, there is no rush. I believe he will get better with time, maybe we will see him take a starting role next year.

One thing I'm sure of, he will perform alot better in europe. I would like him to be a starter in the CL.
Hasn't done enough to start, but you want him to start in CL?

Please let us know what you are smoking?

:howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)