Alvaro Morata (34 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think that Morata is the sub that played more this year since we switched to the 4 man defense (before Pereyra played a lot in 3-5-2 cause we had Pirlo and Vidal injured) and the dude started very important matches including both legs against Olympiakos and the match against Samp, showing that Allegri reckons his qualities and has faith in him. Today he got 180 mins in a row, something probably not even Llorente pulled off (cause he, infact, is ALWAYS subbed for Morata) and wasn't abe to threaten Verona if not for the penalty that he didn't even earn. I like Morata, the problem is that people here are treating him like a messiah compared to Llorente while he isn't, honestly. I can very well accept how Morata's playing style might be more likable than Llorente's (I agree on that too), but let's be objective when judging performances, cause if Llorente played like Morata today he'd be crucified, although this wasn't a terrible match. ;) Morata took wrong too many matches as a starter to think it is random, perhaps he needs just more time and to be less nervous on the pitch.
Morata plays quite often, agree but the point is that Llorente plays way more (almost twice as much minutes i think). he did play some important games, but you cant give him so little room and then throw him in in the most important games of the year and expect him to deliver. here is how i see it. Llorentes playing style depends a lot from crosses. his heading is the most important aspect of his game. if you take that away from him then he looks like he is doing nothing. we dont cross at all (not even on corners :D) so we take his biggest strength from him. Morata, even when he doesent score, is often involved in our play, has the ability to drift out wide and create space in the middle, dribble past players and create chances, is dangerous on conters etc. so he is more useful and more suited for us, even when he doesent score/assist. its not even a matter of quality, but more of playing style. and i dont even hate Llorente, i like the guy a lot and was quite happy when we got him, but i think he is not good enough to start games continuously for us. he would probably do much better in the EPL where even guys like Carroll or Pelle look like good players

Buy on AliExpress.com

frick

Apr 4, 2010
:lol: Came out of the shadows, huh?

You did!
I don't have time to hang around often, but Tuz keep me entertained :D
Hehehe nice try but you couldn't be more wrong, I was referring to Ronaldo the Portuguese, you know the one he actually played and trained together with.

I can prove it! @frick @Klin @Badass Vidal

65a1888b03b50f10cbc09b102d8f6471.png

For now :lol:
I admit I was guilty of overestimating him back then :p
But my point still stands, I still think he depends mostly on physical aspect of his game (just like Cristiano) and is/was just as selfish.

DelPieroJuve

Oct 25, 2014
He's a Cf that likes to run at people with wingers running with him to make space for him. Right now he is mostly turned back at the goal and tightly maked by defenders which is not ideal. Llorente is better at that.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think he's done a much better job holding up the ball and building up play with his back to opponents than LLorente.

He really does makes the team better.

But yes, he has a confidence problem (actually really similar to Llorente).

But he should not be used as a backup to LLorente. Right now he is a rotation player and should be used like one. I think it would be reasonable if him and LLorente split starting games, giving leverage to the one in better shape.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He's a Cf that likes to run at people with wingers running with him to make space for him. Right now he is mostly turned back at the goal and tightly maked by defenders which is not ideal. Llorente is better at that.
I dont think we have had a forward who can play succesfulyl with his bakc to goal yet in this Juve of late. All we have used in that regard have been sub par. Llorente started promising on this but has faded into obscurity. Morata IMO can succeed on this because he has more technique than the forwards we have used as of late in that role (llorente giovinco etc). LLorente has been really sub par this season, and i say this as a fan of him.

I think he's done a much better job holding up the ball and building up play with his back to opponents than LLorente.

He really does makes the team better.

But yes, he has a confidence problem (actually really similar to Llorente).

But he should not be used as a backup to LLorente. Right now he is a rotation player and should be used like one. I think it would be reasonable if him and LLorente split starting games, giving leverage to the one in better shape.
I dont think llorente has any confidence problem.... what he has is lack of talent to play in our current formation. Morata seems to be too eager to demonstrate his value...and is getting nervous in front of goal or being selfish when he shoudnt. The difference is that he has skill for real and is agile enought to add in our interplay...unlike llorente who can only do erratic one-twos and his hold up play which leave a lot to desire.

In what i agree...is that from now on...Morata should share starts with llorente...not come as a sub eevry game in the last 15 mins or so. Allegri should start using him now. Unlike Coman, he is a couple years older and has some games under his belt... one of them being a CL final.

Llorente needs to hit the bench more often and give room to Morata. he is our future...and future or not..WE PAID 20 MILS which most likely will not be refunded...so we start using him now..or we will have to lose that money.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Our attack is more fluid without Llorente tbh and I like that.

It's strange seeing movement from somebody other than Tevez, I could get used to that.
Exactly.
Our attack looked good last night,yeah,he needs more time,and be more confident,but he's working on that,and it can be noticed.

Not sure if he will be a great goal scorer,but he will improve and score more,and our attack with him looks better over Fernando tbh.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Our attack is more fluid without Llorente tbh and I like that.

It's strange seeing movement from somebody other than Tevez, I could get used to that.
Exactly. Mora tends to drop to the wings and creat space for Tevez and the Midfielders. The most obvious example would be the second goal against verona. He dropped to the right wing and created space for Pogba and Tevez to be in the box.

I bet that if we had that same chance with llorente playing he would have propobly been standing there infront of Tevez and blocked the shot (like what happened before Pogba's goal against napoli).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
$#@! your -reps @Lion
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Still adds much more to our attack LIKE ASSISTS.

But hey, it was against a B level team, right?
:tup: our play looks so much better with a striker that can do more than just stand around and do nothing.

Llorente should go to the EPL. if guys like Carroll, Crouch, and Pelle can dominate that league then Llorente can too

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
people are so quick to write him off. this is his first season in a different league. he has barely started games. he just turned 22 a few months ago, and he was injuried all of pre season.

yet people here seem to think this is a 30 year old veteran who has lost it. how about a little patience you cockroaches?

i honeslty believe if he hadnt been injured in pre season, he would be undisputed starter by now. and would be doing so much better

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
people are so quick to write him off. this is his first season in a different league. he has barely started games. he just turned 22 a few months ago, and he was injuried all of pre season.

yet people here seem to think this is a 30 year old veteran who has lost it. how about a little patience you $#@!roaches?

i honeslty believe if he hadnt been injured in pre season, he would be undisputed starter by now. and would be doing so much better
:tup:

He started two last games though and I hope he'll stay there next to Tevez. Yeah he's not scoring but he's getting assists and actually he's useful unlike Llorente who has been complete garbage this season. A couple of matches on the bench will only do good for him.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Whoever is laughing on Morata, you will eat your words later, maybe next year, he isn't adapted yet, there is some psychological unrest with him it seems, I hope he overcomes it soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)