Alvaro Morata (32 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How would he just fall of a cliff so suddenly with no injury? Only thing different would be weaker stamina, which you solve by managing his minutes better (should not be an issue here since he'd be a backup). He still has the strength, height, jump and speed as 4-5 years ago

Dzeko has 5g5a in 14 games (6 of which are barca and 2 Madrid), 995 minutes of play

Morata has 8g5a 23 games (3 are barca, 2 are Madrid), 1082 minutes of play

Notice how all 5 of Dzeko goals came in a single CL run, and 5/8 of Moratas as well (other 2 were 'garbage time' goals for Madrid vs Schalke and Napoli in return legs, while one was important vs Liverpool this season), so not the best example to bring up, for the small sample size.

Younger yes, more athletic? Speed and quickness yes, but nothing else, and clutch also yes but so is Edin. Dzeko would bring out more from our other forwards and give you a skill set and body type you lack in the team, but as I said, Morata works out as well. Just in a different and lesser way
Players just hit their end sometimes, dude. Especially forwards. Like Higuain and Suarez both seem to have. Often right around Dzeko’s age. He isn’t a cyborg like Ronaldo. Ya never know what happens over the next couple years in that regard. I’d rather sign the younger player. And the upside if Morata returns to his Juventus best, I’d take that any day.

Anyways, I’d have been very happy with either Morata or Dzeko. So no point in us arguing this. We on the same team in this regard. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Players just hit their end sometimes, dude. Especially forwards. Like Higuain and Suarez both seem to have. Often right around Dzeko’s age. He isn’t a cyborg like Ronaldo. Ya never know what happens over the next couple years in that regard. I’d rather sign the younger player. And the upside if Morata returns to his Juventus best, I’d take that any day.

Anyways, I’d have been very happy with either Morata or Dzeko. So no point in us arguing this. We on the same team in this regard. ;)
I'm just saying the guy is as far from finished as Milan are from the scudetto. Higuain is nowhere near the shape he should be in, and Suarez had a knee injury mid season and to add to it he now looks as fat as Higgy. If the same was the case with Dzeko I'd say you're right, but nothing indicates he's on a downhill. I mentioned stamina which might be an issue but shouldnt for us, but the other thing is lack of hunger. And as for that, he never played for a all time great club since he wasted his prime on retards like Mancini and Pellegrini in City, so he should have lots of desire left in him, to finally play a significant role in the CL. But oh well

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
How would he just fall of a cliff so suddenly with no injury? Only thing different would be weaker stamina, which you solve by managing his minutes better (should not be an issue here since he'd be a backup). He still has the strength, height, jump and speed as 4-5 years ago

Dzeko has 5g5a in 14 games (6 of which are barca and 2 Madrid), 995 minutes of play

Morata has 8g5a 23 games (3 are barca, 2 are Madrid), 1082 minutes of play

Notice how all 5 of Dzeko goals came in a single CL run, and 5/8 of Moratas as well (other 2 were 'garbage time' goals for Madrid vs Schalke and Napoli in return legs, while one was important vs Liverpool this season), so not the best example to bring up, for the small sample size.

Younger yes, more athletic? Speed and quickness yes, but nothing else, and clutch also yes but so is Edin. Dzeko would bring out more from our other forwards and give you a skill set and body type you lack in the team, but as I said, Morata works out as well. Just in a different and lesser way
Agreed, he would've been a great target man.
However, our counters would've been really slow and we would've really struggled to press the opposition's defense.

Dzeko, Morata, Suarez all have different strengths, none of them is the best in everything.
But as for suiting our team, I'm happy with either Dzeko or Morata- for different reasons.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Agreed, he would've been a great target man.
However, our counters would've been really slow and we would've really struggled to press the opposition's defense.

Dzeko, Morata, Suarez all have different strengths, none of them is the best in everything.
But as for suiting our team, I'm happy with either Dzeko or Morata- for different reasons.
We have Ronaldo for counters and Dzeko would come off the bench most likely. Can't see all 3 of Dybi, Ronaldo and him on the pitch in big games

Agreed for the 2nd part, except Suarez is a big question mark after the surgery and after showing up overweight for barcelona

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Dzeko is definitely not finished. His hold up play is his main strength, Moratta’s is not even close. I would have been happy with either, what matters is that we have our CF, Pirlo can now focus on choosing his ideal starting 11 and implementing his genius football. Very excited for this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Another plus is that we're completely protected from getting stuck (double loan with option) with Morata if things dont work out (unless we pull a classic Juve and offer a massive extention without needing to).
No such option with Suarez/Dzeko.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dzeko is definitely not finished. His hold up play is his main strength, Moratta’s is not even close. I would have been happy with either, what matters is that we have our CF, Pirlo can now focus on choosing his ideal starting 11 and implementing his genius football. Very excited for this season

Yup, we should look forward to this season, new coach new signings and proper football again. Pirlo will make sure to use them to their strengths rather than play the same way stubbornly

Forza Morata but let's not act like we dodged a bullet on Dzeko

- - - Updated - - -

Another plus is that we're protected from getting stuck (double loan with option) with Morata if things dont work out.
No such option with Suarez/Dzeko.
Dzeko was supposed to be a 2 year deal, same length as Moratas loan. 2 years from now I'm confident he's still among the best CFs in Italy. So getting stuck with him isn't likely (unless big injuries which he was relatively safe from so far in his career, or we extend for 2-3 years like with Sami)

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
Yup, we should look forward to this season, new coach new signings and proper football again. Pirlo will make sure to use them to their strengths rather than play the same way stubbornly

Forza Morata but let's not act like we dodged a bullet on Dzeko

- - - Updated - - -

Dzeko was supposed to be a 2 year deal, same length as Moratas loan. 2 years from now I'm confident he's still among the best CFs in Italy. So getting stuck with him isn't likely (unless big injuries which he was relatively safe from so far in his career, or we extend for 2-3 years like with Sami)
Absolutely! Dzeko is class and has always been. He would have been our Sheva if we had signed him from Wolfsburg. The only dodged bullet is that cheating douche Suarez, I hope the controversy surrounding his Italian test doesn’t drag the club into a media war. That would be very problematic given the current circumstances.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Absolutely! Dzeko is class and has always been. He would have been our Sheva if we had signed him from Wolfsburg. The only dodged bullet is that cheating douche Suarez, I hope the controversy surrounding his Italian test doesn’t drag the club into a media war. That would be very problematic given the current circumstances.

Comparing shevchenko with fucking dzeko.

Jesus christ. Time to go to sleep

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@zizinho

You and other Dzeko fanbois gonna have to give it up if this happens.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/09/23/...-edin-dzeko-move-if-lautaro-martinez-departs/

To be honest, wouldn’t mind Inter selling their best attacker and signing yet another old man. Team will be done and dusted in a couple burst if they keep going after the oldies.
It fell through last summer as well when Roma matched inters salary offer. This year I don't see it happening either. Roma didn't want to sell to us without replacement, which Napoli didn't want to give them. What's changed?

- - - Updated - - -

Comparing shevchenko with fucking dzeko.

Jesus christ. Time to go to sleep
Yea what a travesty. Dzeko is ofcourse better

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It fell through last summer as well when Roma matched inters salary offer. This year I don't see it happening either. Roma didn't want to sell to us without replacement, which Napoli didn't want to give them. What's changed?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea what a travesty. Dzeko is ofcourse better
Wouldn’t put it past ADL to let Milik go to Roma now that it isn’t messing us up any longer. Then Dzeko to Inter. :boh:

I have to confess, I’d probably have a good laugh at all the Tuz Dzeko fanbois if he went to Inter after being seemingly all but done-dealio’d here a week ago. :snoop:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You should be the one PayPaling your fellow peasants, I’m sure you made bank on that CERB money Justin has been handing out.

I worked through the whole Covid thing. I make a lot more than CERB was offering, but damn was it ever obnoxious to see all the peasants taking holidays on the government’s dime.

- - - Updated - - -

I geninuly think you would. and for that you a true bro. but donate to poor people my homie.
Gonna donate to ‘murica’s public schools. Tuz has taught me that a lot of our southern comrades have been failed badly by the public education system...

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wouldn’t put it past ADL to let Milik go to Roma now that it isn’t messing us up any longer. Then Dzeko to Inter. :boh:

I have to confess, I’d probably have a good laugh at all the Tuz Dzeko fanbois if he went to Inter after being seemingly all but done-dealio’d here a week ago. :snoop:
I hope it becomes official, you come here to gloat and then he fails the medical lol. Then you keep bashing him for the season before he comes here on loan in January. Then he wears a PI and Alvarito are my bishez t-shirt for his presentation lol

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
I worked through the whole Covid thing. I make a lot more than CERB was offering, but damn was it ever obnoxious to see all the peasants taking holidays on the government’s dime.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna donate to ‘murica’s public schools. Tuz has taught me that a lot of our southern comrades have been failed badly by the public education system...
Same here and I’m tired lol. I get more but not A LOT more tbh. I’m currently on a business trip but still brought my wife and son with me, it sucks that we keep quarantining every time we move. And yeah, those people took advantage of the system, everything happened so fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)