Alvaro Morata (21 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think it's still less than Dzeko. And Dzeko's transfer fee would increase the book value even more.

- - - Updated - - -

It's more likely that Morata would have a heart attack from missing sitters and sulking, like he's done at basically every single team.

While Dzeko plays 35 matches a year.
You mean Morata who knocked out Liverpool this past year with extra time assist and goal in CL? The one who knocked out Madrid with his two goals in 14-15 for us. Clutch as fuck. :p

Besides, Morata - 8 CL knockout goals and Dzeko - 5 CL knockout goals. :snoop:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Morata is a class striker who can do it all. Fast, good in the air, dribble and can hold the ball. His only downfall has been his finishing. But playing with Ronaldo finishing doesn't become as important. He will take our attack to the next level and help Ronaldo a lot.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
@MikeM

1600712643963.gif

1600712760707.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly kidding though. I would have been happy with Dzeko too on a short term contract.
Let's be honest, neither Morata or Dzeko is going to be a difference maker here long-term. Just take whichever is the most suitable option at the moment. Bonus points if you fuck over ADL and Roma.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Or he’s good enough that a 9 million dollar dry loan is a great short term deal while we save to buy our next CF in 1-2 years for the post-Ronaldo era, but not good enough to pay the option. He doesn’t have to justify the purchase option for the loan price to be just fine. Score a few clutch goals and a few clutch assists, and it will be a great deal even if we don’t buy him at the end.
Exactly. After Ronaldo we're getting the next Ronaldo, whoever that is.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let's be honest, neither Morata or Dzeko is going to be a difference maker here long-term. Just take whichever is the most suitable option at the moment. Bonus points if you fuck over ADL and Roma.
Oh I agree for sure. But we need this stopgap, and as long as we don’t go full retard and exercise the option in a year or two, I’m perfectly happy with this deal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The only replacement of such quality would be Mbappe and nobody else.

Having said that, I wonder who'll that be, because it's not gonna him surely.
There is also Haaland.

Who knows who shows up as a star in the next two years. Mbappe came out of nowhere for Monaco a few years ago, and several young stars that everyone thought would turn out great have flopped.

Remember when we were all pissed about missing out on Pietro Pellegri? :lol:

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
There is also Haaland.

Who knows who shows up as a star in the next two years. Mbappe came out of nowhere for Monaco a few years ago, and several young stars that everyone thought would turn out great have flopped.

Remember when we were all pissed about missing out on Pietro Pelle
I doubt we'll get any star players to be honest. I still think we'll mainly focus on young talents but not those that are the best in the world, especially when it comes to strikers. I think we'll chase 27-29yo in their prime, or world class or ex world class players but who are 31+

Both Haaland and Mbappe are players for Real, Barca and others imo. Or even EPL oil clubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)