Alvaro Morata (63 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dislike Higuain. A lot. But that's just not true. Higuain is a strike force on his own. As of right now, he is miles ahead of Morata. It's not even close. This is demonstrated by the fact that Higuain scored 36 Serie A goals while playing for Napoli.

Just say it like it is, man. You like Morata. That's fine. I like him too. If I have to choose between Morata and Higuain, I pick Morata. But not because he's a more complete player than Higuain or anything. No, I just like him more.
You mean he scored 36 goals because he played for Napoli and they made their entire gameplan feeding him the ball and getting him chances. There's a reason people fap over their "attractive" football. They play a very attacking style, with a very myopic focal point on one player.

This doesn't take anything away from Higuain. He had an incredible season I didn't think he was capable of. But it wasn't "despite playing at Napoli"... it was because he was made the absolute focal point of team playing all out attacking football.

Of course he is better than Morata currently. Though nowhere near as far ahead as some make him out to be. There's a reason Morata had 12 assists last year and Higuain had 2. I'd still take Morata over Higuain, because his CL prowess is just what this team needs, and Higuain has been continually terrible in the CL for his entire career. 2 goals in 20 CL knockout games speaks volumes. As does the fact Napoli has been knocked out by Bilbao, Porto, Dnipro, Villarreal during Higuain's tenure, and he's scored 1 goal in those 8 games. Napoli was favoured in all 4 of those match-ups. Higuain's inability to rise to the occasion is a major reason they lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain only 2 goals in CL knock out games, Morata already 5. enough said
Morata actually has 6 (scored 1 for Madrid).

Plus 4 assists.

So clutch!

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
I dislike Higuain. A lot. But that's just not true. Higuain is a strike force on his own. As of right now, he is miles ahead of Morata. It's not even close. This is demonstrated by the fact that Higuain scored 36 Serie A goals while playing for Napoli.

Just say it like it is, man. You like Morata. That's fine. I like him too. If I have to choose between Morata and Higuain, I pick Morata. But not because he's a more complete player than Higuain or anything. No, I just like him more.
I maybe did not translate my mind good enough on paper. Ofcourse, Higuain is the better striker, he is also far more experienced. But I what I want to say Morata can become more complete than Higuain. On technical level he already surpassed Higuain, and he is faster as wel. In most of the other abilities Higuain is better, but I believe he can surpass Higuain's quality's in the future. But that are my thoughts, future can prove me wrong. Besides that there are only 5/6 strikers on Higuain's level or above, so it is obvious Morata isn't as good as him.

- - - Updated - - -

Alvaro Morata feels “at home” with Juventus and will stay “until someone tells me otherwise”.

The Spanish striker joined the Bianconeri in 2014, but Real Madrid retained a buyback clause of €30m for this summer or €35m for next year.

It’s thought Los Merengues could buy him back from the Serie A champions before quickly selling him on, but the player himself is happy to remain in Turin.

“I’m very calm, because I have a contract with Juve and I feel at home there,” Morata told reporters in a Press conference while on international duty.

“At the moment I belong to Juve until someone tells me otherwise. Now I’m thinking about the European Championships, a very important tournament for me and my teammates.”

Morata has been linked with Manchester United and Arsenal, among others.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Morata-stay-meter increased a little bit :)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
That man u wants him is BS, won't happen, Jose will go for bigger and/or more proven name, especially for English football...

Morata has more composure right now than Higuain has ever had in his life.. Napoli as already someone said was focused on feeding him and is there to fit him, that's big for a striker and makes it ALoT easier not only score tally wise but in every aspect and movement.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You mean he scored 36 goals because he played for Napoli and they made their entire gameplan feeding him the ball and getting him chances. There's a reason people fap over their "attractive" football. They play a very attacking style, with a very myopic focal point on one player.

This doesn't take anything away from Higuain. He had an incredible season I didn't think he was capable of. But it wasn't "despite playing at Napoli"... it was because he was made the absolute focal point of team playing all out attacking football.

Of course he is better than Morata currently. Though nowhere near as far ahead as some make him out to be. There's a reason Morata had 12 assists last year and Higuain had 2. I'd still take Morata over Higuain, because his CL prowess is just what this team needs, and Higuain has been continually terrible in the CL for his entire career. 2 goals in 20 CL knockout games speaks volumes. As does the fact Napoli has been knocked out by Bilbao, Porto, Dnipro, Villarreal during Higuain's tenure, and he's scored 1 goal in those 8 games. Napoli was favoured in all 4 of those match-ups. Higuain's inability to rise to the occasion is a major reason they lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Morata actually has 6 (scored 1 for Madrid).

Plus 4 assists.

So clutch!
You write as if it's Real and they built their team around Ronaldo. Even if Napoli did everything to let Higuain score, they are so poor they aren't going to be feeding him that many chances. As for CL prowess.. Well, I think it's an unfair comparison. We are usually stronger than the opposition, Napoli are not.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You write as if it's Real and they built their team around Ronaldo. Even if Napoli did everything to let Higuain score, they are so poor they aren't going to be feeding him that many chances. As for CL prowess.. Well, I think it's an unfair comparison. We are usually stronger than the opposition, Napoli are not.
What? All of Higuain's CL knockout games were played at Real Madrid where they were stronger than almost every team they faced. He has 2 goals in 20 CL knockout games at Real Madrid. While Benzema is a top 5 CL scorer of all time. There's a very good reason they got rid of Higuain and kept Benzema, and it's because Higuain chokes under pressure. He always has.

And Napoli has been knocked out by Bilbao, Porto, Dnipro, Villareal from CL qualifiers and EL knockouts. They were stronger and favoured in each of those match-ups. Higuain scored 1 goal in those 8 games. Started 7 of them. He wilts under pressure. To an absurd degree. He's a mental weakling.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What? All of Higuain's CL knockout games were played at Real Madrid where they were stronger than almost every team they faced. He has 2 goals in 20 CL knockout games at Real Madrid. While Benzema is a top 5 CL scorer of all time. There's a very good reason they got rid of Higuain and kept Benzema, and it's because Higuain chokes under pressure. He always has.

And Napoli has been knocked out by Bilbao, Porto, Dnipro, Villareal from CL qualifiers and EL knockouts. They were stronger and favoured in each of those match-ups. Higuain scored 1 goal in those 8 games. Started 7 of them. He wilts under pressure. To an absurd degree. He's a mental weakling.
The choking is strong with this one...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

:agree:

Morata has clearly superior European record, not even up for debate. Scoring in 5 consecutive CL games is extraordinary feat. Not many players can brag about that.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Higuain won't score 36 goals here because we're not one dimensional. And he will disappear when we most need him. I'll take Morata thank you.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Bravo... Stand ovation... Bravo, magnificent... +rep for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)