Alvaro Morata (89 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
We don't even know what's wrong with Morata yet. Or whether he'll be out a few days, a few weeks, a few months. Let's hold off on saying we are dire need. Mandzu will also be back in 2 weeks.
Still we should have had 5 forwards not four. Now if morata is out for a few weeks you have two forwards and better hope no one even gets breathed on the wrong way

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I am freaking out hope he is ok ive just read that he os heavily bruised thabkgof i never read anything before mentioning fracture or i wpuld of jumped face first through a window.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It's pretty clear these modern Barca and Real teams are the most stacked in football history, just due to the sheer excess of funds and the lack of loyalty in top young players today in staying at clubs long-term. Did stacked teams happen in the past? Sure.

But if you were right about Ronaldo and Messi being the most dominant players of all-time, completely unstoppable, and a clear cut above anyone to play the game before, they'd have done much better for their national teams. Their goal-to-game ratio drops by more than 50% when they play with their national teams without these incredibly star-studded line-ups. Messi 49 in 105, C Ronaldo 55 in 123.

Fat Ronaldo dwarfs both these players as far as international play goes. 62 goals in 98. So did Pele. 77 goals in 91. Pele also scored at the same rate as these guys in club football.

The game favours these players like Messi and Ronaldo scoring massive amounts of goals in club football right now, as the disparity is far worse than it ever has been before in leagues like La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A. There's some half-decent competition at the top, but the parity in the lower parts of these leagues is absolutely atrocious, which is also shown by all the records clubs are breaking.

Messi and C. Ronaldo are the best players of their generation and two of the best players of all time (Messi over C. Ronaldo). But trying to claim they are better than the best players of previous generations is rather pointless and silly, and doesn't at all take into account differences in the game.
Thats all I am claiming. I am too removed from the Pele days to be able to compare. The examples I used are all players from the late 90s and 2000s like Kaka, Shevchenko, Nistelrooy, Henry, Del Piero, Zidane, Raul etc... I didn't go farther back because there probably are vast differences to the game. I am not sure but was there an offside rule in Pele's time? Its almost a different sport. Pele too (as far as I know) was a goal scoring anomaly himself. I've never heard of anyone from his era that scored that much goals. Garrincha (who I hear was one of the best players in the world during that time) doesn't have an impressive goal scoring record or ratio at all.

To see whether a player is an anomaly, compare his stats to the other players that were considered world class at the time. If you find that he is averaging more goals and assists than twice what the other world class players are doing then you've got a clear anomaly relative to his time.

You can then compare his stats with other great players in history and if you again find that he is doing almost twice as good as anyone else in history, then the earlier judgement (that the player is an anomaly) gets confirmed even further.

Now who is better, Pele or Ronaldo or Messi? He obviously has better stats with the NT while they do better at club level. But since there is a 60 year gap between them its impossible to tell who is better and whether this comparison is fair. What we do know is that all 3 are anomalies during their time and also across history. We cant say Messi is the better than Pele nor can we say that Pele is definitely better.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Thats all I am claiming. I am too removed from the Pele days to be able to compare. The examples I used are all players from the late 90s and 2000s like Kaka, Shevchenko, Nistelrooy, Henry, Del Piero, Zidane, Raul etc... I didn't go farther back because there probably are vast differences to the game. I am not sure but was there an offside rule in Pele's time? Its almost a different sport. Pele too (as far as I know) was a goal scoring anomaly himself. I've never heard of anyone from his era that scored that much goals. Garrincha (who I hear was one of the best players in the world during that time) doesn't have an impressive goal scoring record or ratio at all.

To see whether a player is an anomaly, compare his stats to the other players that were considered world class at the time. If you find that he is averaging more goals and assists than twice what the other world class players are doing then you've got a clear anomaly relative to his time.

You can then compare his stats with other great players in history and if you again find that he is doing almost twice as good as anyone else in history, then the earlier judgement (that the player is an anomaly) gets confirmed even further.

Now who is better, Pele or Ronaldo or Messi? He obviously has better stats with the NT while they do better at club level. But since there is a 60 year gap between them its impossible to tell who is better and whether this comparison is fair. What we do know is that all 3 are anomalies during their time and also across history. We cant say Messi is the better than Pele nor can we say that Pele is definitely better.
Excellent post.

Agree 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

zaza seems to be getting some confidence and dybala has been doing well so i think we can manage
Dybala and Zaza actually look very good together when they have played. I'm not really a fan of Zaza, but his style of play seems to suit Dybala quite well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)