Alvaro Morata (35 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I'll take two weeks after all this talk of fractures. How long does a bruised bone take to heal? It would probably just depend if he can play through pain, not like you can make it worse. Right?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'll take two weeks after all this talk of fractures. How long does a bruised bone take to heal? It would probably just depend if he can play through pain, not like you can make it worse. Right?
Fuck! Whats our injury list now (of important players)?

Morata (unknown), Marchisio (may make it to Inter), Licht (long term), Cacares (banned). Are Mandzukic and Pogba out too?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats all I am claiming. I am too removed from the Pele days to be able to compare. The examples I used are all players from the late 90s and 2000s like Kaka, Shevchenko, Nistelrooy, Henry, Del Piero, Zidane, Raul etc... I didn't go farther back because there probably are vast differences to the game. I am not sure but was there an offside rule in Pele's time? Its almost a different sport. Pele too (as far as I know) was a goal scoring anomaly himself. I've never heard of anyone from his era that scored that much goals. Garrincha (who I hear was one of the best players in the world during that time) doesn't have an impressive goal scoring record or ratio at all.

To see whether a player is an anomaly, compare his stats to the other players that were considered world class at the time. If you find that he is averaging more goals and assists than twice what the other world class players are doing then you've got a clear anomaly relative to his time.

You can then compare his stats with other great players in history and if you again find that he is doing almost twice as good as anyone else in history, then the earlier judgement (that the player is an anomaly) gets confirmed even further.

Now who is better, Pele or Ronaldo or Messi? He obviously has better stats with the NT while they do better at club level. But since there is a 60 year gap between them its impossible to tell who is better and whether this comparison is fair. What we do know is that all 3 are anomalies during their time and also across history. We cant say Messi is the better than Pele nor can we say that Pele is definitely better.

:tup:

And to compare messi to pele is very unfair to pele because he lived in a very different football world with very different demandings.

Logics and dacdics tell me that if we took prime Pele and inserted him in some actual CL top tier team.. he would most likely be below Messi and Ronaldo, heck, even below the top tiers like lewandoski, cavani and aguero. A totally different enviroment and pace.

Now...if we took a young boy pele...and formed him in the regimes of today´s football...he could have achieved a messi like status, or near of it.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Mr. CL was clutching his shin from what I've seen, there is nothing there but bone and soft tissue. If the x-rays have ruled out a # then it's most likely heavy bruising.

Aguero tore a hamstring and will be out for some time apparently, internationals :lol:.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Why is Caceres banned?

Different stories comming out about Morata i guess we just have to wait untill tommorow. Il be saying a few prayers tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)