Alvaro Morata (37 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
La Juventus tira un sospiro di sollievo. I primi esami radiologici ai quali è stato sottoposto Alvaro Morata all'ospedale La Rioja hanno escluso la frattura del perone. Alla fine è stato solo uno spavento

NO FRACTURE, $#@!s. :tuttosport:
i want to see more confirmations....dont wanna get my hopes up for nothing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Players like Brazilian Ronaldo, Shevechenko, eto, nistelrooy and especially raul played with amazing players too. I wouldnt say XAvi and iniesta are better than zidane and ronaldinho and deco. If anything the manunited Nistelrooy was in arguably had a better squad than Ronaldo's. In other words, my point is that the older generation had star-studded squads as well.

Moreover, If you look at Pep's barca and current madrid you'll see that Messi and ronaldo are the only ones that have crazy numbers of goals and you can always see how the team's goal scoring ability is diminished in their absence. Players like Cavani, Ibra, Aguero, Suarez, Benzema would be world class players in any generation but still none of them can come close to the goal scoring feats of Messi and Ronaldo. Today we have star studded teams like PSG, City, Chelsea and yet their top scorers aren't able to reach the effectiveness of Ronaldo and Messi.

I do not doubt that the sports and medical sciences have advanced a lot over the last decade and that the ball, modern pitches and contemporary attacking strategies favor current strikers over the previous generations however these advances affect all players at top clubs today and yet only two players seem to be on a level of their own far away from all the other super stars. They arent just pure goal scorers either, they also assist a lot (messi especially) and have a very wide range of skills. Whichever way you look at it, Messi and Ronaldo are anomalies.
It's pretty clear these modern Barca and Real teams are the most stacked in football history, just due to the sheer excess of funds and the lack of loyalty in top young players today in staying at clubs long-term. Did stacked teams happen in the past? Sure.

But if you were right about Ronaldo and Messi being the most dominant players of all-time, completely unstoppable, and a clear cut above anyone to play the game before, they'd have done much better for their national teams. Their goal-to-game ratio drops by more than 50% when they play with their national teams without these incredibly star-studded line-ups. Messi 49 in 105, C Ronaldo 55 in 123.

Fat Ronaldo dwarfs both these players as far as international play goes. 62 goals in 98. So did Pele. 77 goals in 91. Pele also scored at the same rate as these guys in club football.

The game favours these players like Messi and Ronaldo scoring massive amounts of goals in club football right now, as the disparity is far worse than it ever has been before in leagues like La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A. There's some half-decent competition at the top, but the parity in the lower parts of these leagues is absolutely atrocious, which is also shown by all the records clubs are breaking.

Messi and C. Ronaldo are the best players of their generation and two of the best players of all time (Messi over C. Ronaldo). But trying to claim they are better than the best players of previous generations is rather pointless and silly, and doesn't at all take into account differences in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)