Alex Sandro (64 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Honestly, if we keep selling our best players every year, I'd rather we sold the club to some dirty Chinese corporate fucks or some Arab Sheikh. I'm sick and tired of this constant chopping and churning because we can't retain our best players.
Oh pipe down, princess. ;)

We've sold two "best players" in this 6 year period. Pogba and Vidal.

Pirlo and Tevez both basically retired from top-tier football to third rate leagues.

Until we actually sell Alex Sandro you could give the constant moaning a rest. :p

- - - Updated - - -

was he? i havent watched roma often, but whenever i was he played. apart from that period when he was injured
He wasn't a back-up. He played over 3000 minutes after missing the first 2 months with an ACL injury.

@Dostoevsky is wrong about the guy not being a starter.

He ended up playing RB because Roma had no one else. Florenzi redid his ACL. Bruno Peres had a nightmare season and was absolutely awful. So Rudiger got shifted to RB, because Spalletti had no one else. Fazio and Manolas aren't versatile enough to play as fullbacks. Roma actually played a 3 man backline for quite a period of time, with all 3, but had too little cover and rotation options. Rudiger started 25 of Roma's last 28 serie a matches after returning from injury, 2 of the 3 he missed were for card suspensions. Played the 90 minutes in 23 of them. Played 90 minutes in all 4 Coppa Italia matches. Started 3 of the 4 Roma Europa League knockouts, only missed the one he was suspended for because of a red card.

While I think Rudiger is a bit overrated, and clumsy at times, he is twice the defender Fazio is (Fazio is incredibly slow, and positionally mediocre, constantly gets caught out of position, and run past like he is standing still. He's a physical presence and fantastic aerially, but not much more). And he is versatile and good enough to bench Bruno Peres at RB, Roma's big signing last summer, and a guy people here wanted for quite some time.

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
Bruno Peres was good in begining of the season, why he crumble so much during season is mystery for me. Definitely has quality for FB, it's possible for him to regain good form under Di Francesco. There is no way they gonna spend cash for new RB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)