Alex Sandro (25 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But we're not broke... We can't afford a ~40M signing without selling a star player?
We have to buy a DM. We also have to buy a RB since Alves left. And we also have to buy another winger.

We're not broke but I doubt we'll buy all without selling him. Or we'll buy, but quality of the player will be decent/good at best, no huge names.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We have to buy a DM. We also have to buy a RB since Alves left. And we also have to buy another winger.

We're not broke but I doubt we'll buy all without selling him. Or we'll buy, but quality of the player will be decent/good at best, no huge names.
We only need one winger imo. Anything extra is depth. And to sell one of our best players to fund depth signings just makes no sense to me.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We only need one winger imo. Anything extra is depth. And to sell one of our best players to fund depth signings just makes no sense to me.
We'll need 30-40mln for a new DM and we'll need around 30mln for a RB if we want quality. When you add Bernardeschi that's already 100mln euros spent.

And that's with Cuadrado staying and not buying any other winger.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We'll need 30-40mln for a new DM and we'll need around 30mln for a RB if we want quality. When you add Bernardeschi that's already 100mln euros spent.

Maybe we shouldn't have signed Shick then, if it means losing AS.

Also don't we have some players to sell like Lemina and Rincon/Sturaro which should get us at least 25M in total?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Even if we assume Sandro is sold, that 30-40M budgeted for the midfield could easily turn into a 50-60M budget for a CM. That's probably the difference between keeping Sandro and adding a cheap RB or a CM or selling Sandro and buying a top quality midfielder and a RB.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
What top RBs and CMs are there that we could get anyway?
Hard to tell. Don't know what targets they're working on. Since I don't have any clue, keeping Sandro would be the best possible solution.

But that would probably mean getting De Sciglio on the cheap or Darmian on loan and maybe make a compromise on the CM position by signing a midfielder who doesn't cost a lot.

I'm not suggesting we should sell Sandro. Just merely guessing what the board might be wanting to do at this point.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Hard to tell. Don't know what targets they're working on. Since I don't have any clue, keeping Sandro would be the best possible solution.

But that would probably mean getting De Sciglio on the cheap or Darmian on loan and maybe make a compromise on the CM position by signing a midfielder who doesn't cost a lot.

I'm not suggesting we should sell Sandro. Just merely guessing what the board might be wanting to do at this point.
Yeah, I forgot that I told myself to try and ignore the mercato and all speculation til it's over and I can make sense of it.

But if we sell Sandro :sergio:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

We currently have an RB in Lichtsteiner, but no one at LB if Sandro leaves. Even DJ Paulino is gone. Which makes selling him even more stupid.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i hope we keep him

i wouldnt be against playing an agressive version of 3-5-2

with sandro/costa on left wings, and cuadrado/berna/licht on right

i think this will help bring best out of dybala as well as he wont have to play as a am, and will allow us to deploy extra midfielder in marchisio to help as an acnhor man

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Great deal, he was never to good at the end and he's brazilian so just sell and buy an unproven italian youngster, maybe from serie B would be cheaper

Apr 19, 2007
It looks to me we will get Danillo, Berna, and a cheap mid like Matuidi while selling a few mids as well. We could get
Matuidi-20-25 and sell Lemina and Sturaro which should bring in 20 easily
Berna-45
Schick-25
Danillo-30
95 million.
We can do it but I think we will have to get Danillo on a loan with buy option

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Honestly, if we keep selling our best players every year, I'd rather we sold the club to some dirty Chinese corporate fucks or some Arab Sheikh. I'm sick and tired of this constant chopping and churning because we can't retain our best players.

Apr 19, 2007
We are in a predicament because foreign talents just want the money. Some europeans are loyal to foreign clubs but South Americans just want money most of the time which is fine on their part. The biggest issue is after Calciopoli the smaller teams arent producing the kind of talents and we cant get Italian core like we once had. So its hard to keep some stars. We never competed on wages with the top teams and now we cant even build around the best italians. Our defenders are but their is a lack elsewhere which is why its impotant to get guys like Berna in the future

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Chelsea is buying Rudiger, who was a backup player for Roma, for 39-40mln euros.

It would quite horrible if we accept 60mln offer for Sandro. Hell, even 70 looks low compared to how Roma milked them.
was he? i havent watched roma often, but whenever i was he played. apart from that period when he was injured

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)