Alex Sandro (59 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Absolute least of our issues.

He had a good game, probably the only one to get a pass mark in the first half. Think he played the superb pass to open Porto up for Chiesa's goal too.

Possibly should've done better on their second, I'd need to see it again (missed the replay) but looked like he was having 2 cover 2 players and we looked all over the place.
No he DID NOT. Stop defending this idiot, he's been poor for +3 seasons with the odd good game here and there. It pains me to watch him wear that armband.

He offers nothing offensively and used to be good at defending but now he's a liability in defense as well. His lack of athleticism is really pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
No he DID NOT. Stop defending this idiot, he's been poor for +3 seasons with the odd good game here and there. It pains me to watch him wear that armband.

He offers nothing offensively and used to be good at defending but now he's a liability in defense as well. His lack of athleticism is really pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Best defending he done all year, guys is a fucking snail.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

This sums him up for the past 3 seasons or whatever it's been. He plays at walking pace, absolute passenger.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This sums him up for the past 3 seasons or whatever it's been. He plays at walking pace, absolute passenger.
You know how there are always players that are highly rated, considererd excellent, etc where you personally just can't understand why that is? Alex Sandro is such a player for me.
It's not that he's bad, or that he is the biggest issue we have right now, but for me he's not exactly a bright spot either. In an ideal world, he would be a rotational player.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You know how there are always players that are highly rated, considererd excellent, etc where you personally just can't understand why that is? Alex Sandro is such a player for me.
It's not that he's bad, or that he is the biggest issue we have right now, but for me he's not exactly a bright spot either. In an ideal world, he would be a rotational player.
I think it's called "living off past reputation". There is also something of a dearth of good fullbacks in football, so we'd rather hang on to this guy with his experience and past glories in the hope that one day he might string together some performances like the player of old. I just think he's past it, which is early even for a Brazilian.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Sandro is a perfect example of what's wrong with this team. Looks like he's just there to collect the check and don't give a f about the results.

I count maybe 5 players with grinta in this squad, CR, Demiral, Chiellini, Chiesa and maybe McKennie. The rest of them are mental midgets with no heart, desire and urgency. You don't get far in CL when those who really want it are clearly outnumbered.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
He is a player that is fine. One of those players that can do a job well enough but will not raise the level of the team as protagonists often. Problem is that we have too many of those players as the same time. Alex should be the exception as a Juve starter, not the rule.

From last night's starters Alex Sandro, Bentancur, Rabiot, McKennie, Kulusevski are all this level of averageness. Any of them would be fine, but not all 5 together.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
He is a player that is fine. One of those players that can do a job well enough but will not raise the level of the team as protagonists often. Problem is that we have too many of those players as the same time. Alex should be the exception as a Juve starter, not the rule.
Could not have said it better. :tup:

Some make him out to be the main problem when in fact there are many other dysfunctionalities causing this team to underperform in the first place. In my opinion getting rid of him at this point will just create another hole that needs to be filled while we already have other more pressing areas that require higher attention, a world class CM, another decent winger/striker plus another proper LB/LWB back-up are a must just to name a few right now...

I also believe he is better fitted as a classic LB or even LCB hybrid to Pirlo's current formation rather than the LB/LWB role he is actually playing now which gets him exposed when tracking back after all the cheap giveaways we so frequently tend to hand out in our own half.

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Still our best option for the left. Gosens and Marcelo have been rumoured but who knows who will be available and willing to join.

I can't see us getting decent coin for him.

Cant believe how many players are underperforming this season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
problem is he is lolzillian and has won 5 titles in a row. he has no motivation to improve.

also he is brazilians. we know they don't age well with only a few exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

you can see that difference between him and cuadrado. cuadrado is older and has won same amount of titles with juve as sandro yet he plays with the hunger of a teenager.

just avoid brazilians from now on.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Still our best option for the left. Gosens and Marcelo have been rumoured but who knows who will be available and willing to join.

Fuck no to Marcelo!

Yeah lets get another old player whose seen it all and wont give a shit.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Czyborra, Atalanta owned on loan to Genoa, is shining as a LWB. I think Gosens could be available as Atalanta are generally fine to cash in when they have a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 51)