Alex Sandro (38 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
"New Isla", "Money thrown away", "Can't cross" bla bla bla

He hasn't looked great so far this season, almost as if he's in a new team, in a new league, and in a team who are struggling for form and with a very experienced and solid LWB/LB in front of him?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He's not just a bench player here. He'll be starting soon. Evra is 34 yo and Sandro is potentialy world class LB.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Had an assist, but lets be honest. Bad signing. Lots of money for a bench player.
2 starts and 2 subs no? We are in a mess and he needs to adjust to how his teammates move and think, looks too simple and lost starting off but he has excellent qualities that are obvious to see. Better individually then Evra offensively (shrugged off opponents like they werent there and could beat 2-3 players in his last start), which we need badly for the long run.

He is yet to get 2 starts in a row, so defenitely way too soon to say anything about him. I just wish we didnt need to rely on Evra for overall balance effect for this messed up team, and it was a functioning top team that could just insert a new explosive and individualistic fullback to give an extra edge forward.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Still a lot of money for a bench player. with other needs in the team, we could've spent it elsewhere and wait for a more cheap opportunity for the left back.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Still a lot of money for a bench player. with other needs in the team, we could've spent it elsewhere and wait for a more cheap opportunity for the left back.
But Marotta and the management didnt sign him to be a bench player, they signed him to be our main starting key figure for the position for the future. He is a decade younger then Evra. Allegri preferring the frenchman for now is another matter. Like Evra was benched for most of first part of last season until he introduced him. Not a coach thats all too eager to introduce new elements off the bat as starters.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
But Marotta and the management didnt sign him to be a bench player, they signed him to be our main starting key figure for the position for the future. He is a decade younger then Evra. Allegri preferring the frenchman for now is another matter. Like Evra was benched for most of first part of last season until he introduced him. Not a coach thats all too eager to introduce new elements off the bat as starters.
Bad decision to sign him as a starter then. Evra was doing well, and we had other needs. As I said, we could've waited a year and looked for another opportunity to present itself.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
At Evra's age you just can't predict when he suddenly drops. It's quite often take a couple of month from "well he is still ok" to "he is old as a dirt, why don't we have someone to replace him, fucking balding sperm whale?" Alex Sandro was top 10 (top 5 in my book) LB last year, it's a good transfer. The problem is that Beppe fucked up with AM (and all the midfield) + injuries doesn't help to settle team down at all.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
At Evra's age you just can't predict when he suddenly drops. It's quite often take a couple of month from "well he is still ok" to "he is old as a dirt, why don't we have someone to replace him, fucking balding sperm whale?" Alex Sandro was top 10 (top 5 in my book) LB last year, it's a good transfer. The problem is that Beppe fucked up with AM (and all the midfield) + injuries doesn't help to settle team down at all.
I think this touches one of the biggest issues. We are cluttering the squad with two or even for some three players for the positions. Too many players wasting away on the bench, like Sandro.
Rather have a makeshift solution on one position for a few games, and have someone who make a difference elsewhere.

This squad needs a lot of trimming.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Yep, this is NOT a signing I will hold against Marotta and company, it was a fantastic opportunity to get a class young fullback and we did. If we waited who knows when would be the next time we could sign a fullback of this caliber without competition? The others in his level and age who arent in top clubs are Gaya and Ricardo Rodriguez. Both we would never have a shot for and would cost 35-45m for sure (especially Gaya).

We got a touted and experienced young quality LB for the required investment when the opportunity arised, and it was a signing you needed to make when your starting fullback is 35 (he was signed as short term solution). And the other one is 32. You should defenitely avoid the scenario where you need to replace both at the same time, and as we seen now, we need to replace Licht in next summer, or if possible this January.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I think this touches one of the biggest issues. We are cluttering the squad with two or even for some three players for the positions. Too many players wasting away on the bench, like Sandro.
Rather have a makeshift solution on one position for a few games, and have someone who make a difference elsewhere.

This squad needs a lot of trimming.
Maybe, but I think we are getting better at this. In Del Neri, Conte times it was far worse, we got like two or three at most mediocre players on some positions (DC – Traore – Grosso fucking combo). And I don't think that we are cluttering LB position for example, it's just really unexpected to me at least that Partice is still soooo good. I saw him last season at MU and he was done, shadow.

Apr 19, 2007
There is two ways to look at our ituation with him
1. We could have waited because we have a good Lb already who is aging but no rush
2. We are a big club and have a good chance to get this guy. We can work him in slowly bc we dont have to rush and not hurt his addapting to a different league and country. New language, coach,etc. Big step in a young players career. If Evra had/has an injury problem like Licht then everyone screams bloody murder because we didnt have the forsight to see this happen. We need 2 fullbacks and we got the one with the best oppertunity available. Unfortunately for us Licht went down. If it was the reverse it was a brilliant move. Either way its something that needed to be done

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It does look like a visionary move Os, and it may well turn out to be, but to be honest with you, I don't think Marrotta and co. considered the scenario you mentioned. Had they done so, we wouldn't have agreed terms with Siqueira in the first place. Highly possible, that we were intending to channelise the funds elsewhere, and once the AM Draxler or whoever else's move fell through, we took a U-turn on Siqueira and went for Sandro. If this was a move we wanted from the outset, it wouldn't have required us talking to Siqueira because the price for Sandro eventually turned out to be pretty close to what Porto was asking for. We didn't get any concessions here IMO that would've justified dropping Siqueira for Sandro at the last minute.

Yep, this is NOT a signing I will hold against Marotta and company, it was a fantastic opportunity to get a class young fullback and we did. If we waited who knows when would be the next time we could sign a fullback of this caliber without competition? The others in his level and age who arent in top clubs are Gaya and Ricardo Rodriguez. Both we would never have a shot for and would cost 35-45m for sure (especially Gaya).

We got a touted and experienced young quality LB for the required investment when the opportunity arised, and it was a signing you needed to make when your starting fullback is 35 (he was signed as short term solution). And the other one is 32. You should defenitely avoid the scenario where you need to replace both at the same time, and as we seen now, we need to replace Licht in next summer, or if possible this January.
Not a signing I hold against them either, but it certainly doesn't look like it was part of the plan first up, so it's quite sad that his introduction is likely to be more gradual than we'd like, also perhaps because Allegri didn't want a new Lb this term as part of his scheme of things. I think he wanted the AM more than anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)