Alex Sandro (107 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I gotz no problems with this purchase. He's one of the better wingbacks for his age, and Evra will fall over eventually. Real Madrid spend 31.5M Euros on his Porto partner -- whom is a bit better, but not by that much.

Buy on AliExpress.com

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
I gotz no problems with this purchase. He's one of the better wingbacks for his age, and Evra will fall over eventually. Real Madrid spend 31.5M Euros on his Porto partner -- whom is a bit better, but not by that much.
Danilo, who's not playing that much either. Was hoping he'd become a starter so we could get a discount for Danny Carnival.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
For his age? Alex Sandro is 24...

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It does look like a visionary move Os, and it may well turn out to be, but to be honest with you, I don't think Marrotta and co. considered the scenario you mentioned. Had they done so, we wouldn't have agreed terms with Siqueira in the first place. Highly possible, that we were intending to channelise the funds elsewhere, and once the AM Draxler or whoever else's move fell through, we took a U-turn on Siqueira and went for Sandro. If this was a move we wanted from the outset, it wouldn't have required us talking to Siqueira because the price for Sandro eventually turned out to be pretty close to what Porto was asking for. We didn't get any concessions here IMO that would've justified dropping Siqueira for Sandro at the last minute.
Siquera was probably more of a plan B/backup type of plan should Alex Sandro fall through. We couldn't afford to get into the season without any real fullback depth on either side bar Padoin.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What I found amusing is that we are giving a huge amount of time to players like lemina, sturaro, hernanes, padoin and zaza... They are just sub material right now for different reasons but they are plus Beppe bought without a plan plus Max took every game like a new school experiment.....

Meanwhile we are arguing why pogba, dybala, AS and morata aren't playing in a good shape... Yeah right

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What I found amusing is that we are giving a huge amount of time to players like lemina, sturaro, hernanes, padoin and zaza... They are just sub material right now for different reasons but they are plus Beppe bought without a plan plus Max took every game like a new school experiment.....

Meanwhile we are arguing why pogba, dybala, AS and morata aren't playing in a good shape... Yeah right
The only reason all those young midfielders got a sniff was because of injuries.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Siquera was probably more of a plan B/backup type of plan should Alex Sandro fall through. We couldn't afford to get into the season without any real fullback depth on either side bar Padoin.
If Siquera was a plan B, we wouldn't have been on the cusp of signing him before letti go of him and signing Sandro. If you followed the transfer market closely, it was all but done for Siqueira, including an agreement with Atletico, and the player. Before Juve pulled out of the deal.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If Siquera was a plan B, we wouldn't have been on the cusp of signing him before letti go of him and signing Sandro. If you followed the transfer market closely, it was all but done for Siqueira, including an agreement with Atletico, and the player. Before Juve pulled out of the deal.
and we still didnt get him. the transfer was not done, we only agreed terms with both club and player for an eventual transfer. during that time we were also working on Kurzawa and only when PSG got him we turned to Sandro. so yeah, we kinda had that Siqueira deal as an ace in sleeve in case we cant get Kurzawa, and later Sandro...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So what you're saying is that Siqueira and Atletico negotiated with us and agreed terms to wait on other deals? The player was set for his Juve medical when Juve pulled out the deal.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Why?

It would even make the negotiations for Sandro easier, with Porta knowing that we don't entirely depend on them and Sandro.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That would affect Porto as a player nobody else wanted. Remember City were in the running. Acting like we were going to sign Siqueira would only hurt us nobody else.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2015/-alex-sandro-the-only-way-is-up-.php
The only way is up

“Juventus aren’t used to finding themselves in their current league position, but we’ll improve and show what we’re capable of producing out on the pitch. Our recent victories over Empoli and Torino were very important. The Italian league is a very tough one, every opponent represents a real challenge, and the division’s prestige continues to grow year on year.”

Derby day delight

“We were very happy at getting the win and I was delighted with my assist for Juan. We’re a very strong group and the most important thing in the derby was coming away with the three points.”

Upcoming tests

“It will be a tough game against the Rossoneri, we need to win and put in a great performance. We can’t allow my fellow countryman Luiz Adriano space in which to operate. We’re doing well in Europe and have a crucial clash with Manchester City coming up. We must be focused because we want to get through to the next round as group winners.”

Team-mates

“I’ve spent the most time with Neto. He’s also Brazilian and helps me understand what’s being said whilst also teaching me Italian. Dybala is the one who’s caught my eye, he’s a great finisher and has what it takes to become one of the best players in the world within a few years.”

Living the dream

“I’m really living my dream here. It’s fantastic to be at Juventus, playing at Juventus Stadium gives you a real boost and makes you feel at home.”

Inspirations

“If I think about Juventus’ history the names of Nedved and Rui Barros come to mind, while I’m currently playing alongside one of my role models, Patrice Evra. My true inspiration, however, can only be found within myself, thanks to the strength that my family gives me.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 101)