Alex Sandro (240 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
"I can play in either a three-man or a four-man backline.” if he meant LWB from that quote then it was either poorly translated or very poorly phrased.
He meant wingback, I seen the actual clip where he says it, it been posted before, but here, he even specificies that in 3-5-2 he needs to be more offensive and join the attack in 3 man defence set up:

They dont translate word for word, but no CB needs to join the attack. There is no reason to think a natural attacking fullback/wingback is referring to him playing as CB when it isnt his position.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He meant wingback, I seen the actual clip where he says it, it been posted before, but here, he even specificies that in 3-5-2 he needs to be more offensive and join the attack in 3 man defence set up:

They dont translate word for word, but no CB needs to join the attack. There is no reason to think a natural attacking fullback/wingback is referring to him playing as CB when it isnt his position.
Have you seen Juventus play a 3-5-2? :D

But im sure you are right about the quote

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They join the attack in corners not in general.

He says "in 3 man defence the left defender needs to push harder to join the attack". Aka he has the whole flank to himself. Thats as clear cut as it gets.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
They join the attack in corners not in general.

He says "in 3 man defence the left defender needs to push harder to join the attack". Aka he has the whole flank to himself. Thats as clear cut as it gets.
meh i've seen enough Chiellini on the ball for one lifetime

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are like a little child who gets obbsessed over scrawny little shitty toy and have to go show to everyone and proclaim how its your favourite thing in the hooooh weeeeehd woooooooohd....

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You are like a little child who gets obbsessed over scrawny little shitty toy and have to go show to everyone and proclaim how its your favourite thing in the hooooh weeeeehd woooooooohd....
4-2-3-1 is my favorite thing in the world.

What i dont like, is people going "uuhhh 3-5-2 is boring,cant ever play it uuhhh" . While in Serie a it was an extremely succesfull formation. And currently, its by far the best suited formation for the players we have.

I prefer 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 over it. But i'm not a tool that wants to push inferior formations considering our roster, cause of the notion that "its more attractive football".

This hatred needs to end. It has no grounds for it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You need help. Every frigging post you make past couple days is being the propoganda master for a temporary formation we use when we have too much injuries.

The only thing you need to know: The coach does not use this formation when we arent suffering from injuries. Case in point: Last 9 months of Juve games.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
4-2-3-1 is my favorite thing in the world.

What i dont like, is people going "uuhhh 3-5-2 is boring,cant ever play it uuhhh" . While in Serie a it was an extremely succesfull formation. And currently, its by far the best suited formation for the players we have.

I prefer 4-3-1-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 over it. But i'm not a tool that wants to push inferior formations considering our roster, cause of the notion that "its more attractive football".

This hatred needs to end. It has no grounds for it.
Our 102 points had more to do with Conte motivating the shit out of this team and squeezing everything of it before leaving than the formation 3-5-2.

3-5-2 is a decent formation to play once in a while, when you have injuries or just want to play different, but hell no if it should be our standard formation. It's outdated.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You need help. Every frigging post you make past couple days is being the propoganda master for a temporary formation we use when we have too much injuries.

The only thing you need to know: The coach does not use this formation when we arent suffering from injuries. Case in point: Last 9 months of Juve games.
What ? Thats not the reason.

I explained this before. You need a player up front that askes and comes into the ball, and that can keep it and distribute it, so that the team can move up. Tevez did ALOT of that, it was VITAL in our playstyle. Even when he had a lesser game, his ability to ask and keep the ball when we regained possession, allowed us to move up and pressurise the opponent.

We currently dont have a single player who can do that. Pereyra cant keep a ball like that. Dybala prefers to make actions and receive it into space, he moves away from the ball.

This is why we can perfectly play 4-3-1-2 if we want to counter. When we regain possession, the 3 offensive players will look to exploit the space, in wich they are pretty good.

In the supercoppa, we had Marchisio, Pogba, Sturaro and Pereyra. Yet we opted to bench pereyra and go 3-5-2. We could perfectly play :

Buffon ; Evra, Bonucci, Barzagli, lichtsteiner ; marchisio, sturaro, pogba ; pereyra ; dybala, mandzukic

But we didnt. We needed to impose our game against Lazio, and with our current players we can only do that in 3-5-2.

If we'd have khedira and asamoah back, the cam would still be pereyra in a 4-3-1-2 if we'd played it. He wasent injured, he was benched. Allegri choses 3-5-2 cause he's forced.

- - - Updated - - -

Our 102 points had more to do with Conte motivating the shit out of this team and squeezing everything of it before leaving than the formation 3-5-2.

3-5-2 is a decent formation to play once in a while, when you have injuries or just want to play different, but hell no if it should be our standard formation. It's outdated.
Works like a charm in italy where they dont have the quality to trouble the wingbacks by doubleing up, when you dont have a cam or ss that can keep the ball in the team

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I see Licht as a CB in the next 2 years if needed I think he can do what Thuram did for us ofc with lesser quality :)
Conte did play Licht as a RCB in 352 a few times in second halves of games, and he did fine. I don't know if that's something Allegri will consider, but an older, slower Steiner playing as a backup CB isn't a bad idea.

Nope, allways just played LB. Very offensive one, so CB makes no sense.
He's an attacking LB (also is a good tackler and his speed helps at the back too) who hugs the touchline, but that doesn't automatically mean he couldn't have ever played as a CB. Random example, but Carlos Alberto played as a CB/SW too. I know Alex Sandro never played there for Porto, but he could have in his earlier days in Brazil.

But yeah, you're most likely right. Transfermarkt prolly just done goofed. Never heard of him playing at CB and don't see that listed as a secondary position of his anywhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 218)