Alex Sandro (80 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Alex Sandro offers a lot more flexibility to the squad, and indirectly reduces the trequartista gap problem.

He's perfect as LWB in a 352 or even as a LM in a 442.

I'd be curious to see Allegri try it once... a prototypical 442.

----------------------Buffon----------------------

--Licht-------Bonucci---------Chiellini----------Evra

--Pereyra----Marchisio--------Pogba----------Alex Sandro

-------------Dybala----------Mandzukic/Morata

A good old 442 would be great if Pereyra can play well as a RM. He'd have to change his sytle a bit, but he does have the stamina and characteristics for it.

Evra would overlap with Sandro on the left, Licht with Pereyra on the right.

Commanding captain GK legend - check
Strong defending fullbacks - check
Ball playing CB - check
Bully physicall CB - check
Skilled DM - check
Creative offensive CM - check
Fast talented hardworking wing midfielders - check
Creative/fast SS who can roam or play at the flanks - check
Mobile Poacher/Target man - check

And you have yourselves a prototypical football team, ladies and gentlemen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree:

tries a bit too hard. Means well.
Exactly: when he came back from his last ban he seemed to turn a new leaf then fell back into that same trap. Reminds me of the nice kid that tried too hard and hung out with the wrong kids at school.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Dzeko isn't worthy enough to hold Manzukič's used condom.

:tuttosport:
I absolutely love this signing, even more than the capture of Dybala and Mandzukič (both of whom I rate highly). After we stiched up our forward line in '13, LB has always been the area I wanted to reinforce the most. I felt that the then primary 3-5-2 formation we fielded was limited by the fact that our wing backs lacked the technical qualities required on the offensive end. Secondly I have always been of the opinion that we were wasting an AWESOME all action mf in Asamoah in a position he was uncomfortable playing in (albeit a position that he covered admirably well).

Sandro's arrival rectifies those issues and secures that position for the next hald decade or so. A thoroughbred in every sense of the word. He ticks all the boxes for us as far as I'm concerned. A Great athlete and a tenacious defender. He marries the grinta and physicallity that embodies this team with the technique and flair that comes to be expected of a Brazilian fullback. Now if we go ahead with the Vrsaljko signing for the opposite flank next year, then that should cement the defence for many seasons to come.

Great work by the great man once again.
what i like about sandro is that he is flexible. he can play LWB, LB, LCB which means that he is suitable for our 352 and 4312/433

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Hey guys, long time lurker here. :D

Transfermarkt has CB as a secondary position for Alex Sandro. Any of you know if he mayhaps played as a CB occasionally in his younger days in Brazil?

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014

Transfermarkt has CB as a secondary position for Alex Sandro. Any of you know if he mayhaps played as a CB occasionally in his younger days in Brazil?
I see Licht as a CB in the next 2 years if needed I think he can do what Thuram did for us ofc with lesser quality :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Nope, allways just played LB. Very offensive one, so CB makes no sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)