Alessandro Matri (8 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Pazzini is a good striker. I would not have been opposed to getting him 2 or 3 years ago, but now it doesn't make sense any longer.

Whether or not he's better than Matri is up for debate. But he's clearly no major upgrade, which makes any potential move worthless if you ask me.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I have yet to read a single member claiming that Matri is our Messiah. Or that he is that great.

What I have read, are some sensible opinions of people preferring Matri over (for example) Quag or Pazzini. Or members noticing how he currently already is our only true striker & sacrificing him will create another problem. Or people hoping Matri does not end up at Milan, which I as well hope.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Pazzini is a good striker. I would not have been opposed to getting him 2 or 3 years ago, but now it doesn't make sense any longer.

Whether or not he's better than Matri is up for debate. But he's clearly no major upgrade, which makes any potential move worthless if you ask me.
Going with the assumption that Pazzini is as good as Matri and would offer the same, then replacing Matri with Pazzini makes sense only if we want Jovetic or some other expensive striker, and we need money to get him.
Something like this:

- We need to pay 25m eur for Jo-Jo but we don't have the money.
- Milan are willing to pay 12m eur for Matri
- Inter don't need Pazzini but they can't sell him
- Juve don't need Krasic but can't sell him. Inter would like to have Krasic (there were reports that they want him)

In that case selling Matri will provide us the needed cash for Jo-Jo and if we exchange Milos for Pazzo we get the replacement for Matri (again, if to Conte Pazzini is at least = Matri).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have yet to read a single member claiming that Matri is our Messiah. Or that he is that great.

What I have read, are some sensible opinions of people preferring Matri over (for example) Quag or Pazzini. Or members noticing how he currently already is our only true striker & sacrificing him will create another problem. Or people hoping Matri does not end up at Milan, which I as well hope.
party pooper :p :andyandbarcelona: :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Going with the assumption that Pazzini is as good as Matri and would offer the same, then replacing Matri with Pazzini makes sense only if we want Jovetic or some other expensive striker, and we need money to get him.
Something like this:

- We need to pay 25m eur for Jo-Jo but we don't have the money.
- Milan are willing to pay 12m eur for Matri
- Inter don't need Pazzini but they can't sell him
- Juve don't need Krasic but can't sell him. Inter would like to have Krasic (there were reports that they want him)

In that case selling Matri will provide us the needed cash for Jo-Jo and if we exchange Milos for Pazzo we get the replacement for Matri (again, if to Conte Pazzini is at least = Matri).
I guess so. It would remain to be seen just how much the entire operation would cost us in the end though.

Also, I was talking more about a possible Pazzogol arrival in itself :D
Would have liked it a few years ago & it would have made sense. Today, not so much. He'd probably be just a 1 season stop gap who won't play much anyway.
And I'm personally really not a fan of buying players / changing the team just for the heck of it...

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
Gosh... this situation with strikers becomes so annoying ! I gues there is no time to count money. We need prolific CF as air ! Lets dump some players like Melo, Krasic, Zigler, Quag + add needed amount of money and finally capture facking Van Persie or Cavani And thats it !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)