Alberto Masi (3 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Why cant we just make a straight loan anymore??
Esp on the most promising talents we have?
I can only hope now that MArotta has learnt smth from his mistakes and the counter-buy clause protects our interests...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not a straight loan, a loan with an option to buy...
It'll be a loan with option for co-ownership, as they all are.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, we are very much the 'parent' club with these deals. We will make money on him for sure, whether he is good enough for us is another thing.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
On the cards for some time, a full season there would be good for him.
Fully agreed, JJ. He was one of our more successful moves in the youth sector last season, doing fine at Vercelli then very well indeed at Ternana. Definitely no room for him at Piedmont for now or another season or so...Especially with the signing of Ogbonna around the corner, so why the hell even contemplate bringing him home? Would have been nice for him to spend some time with us pre-season like last summer but nevermind, he can use the ritiro with ternana to really bed himself into their back line. Like you, I'll be keeping a steady gaze on his form this season...

Why cant we just make a straight loan anymore??
Esp on the most promising talents we have?
I can only hope now that MArotta has learnt smth from his mistakes and the counter-buy clause protects our interests...
I think it is a straight loan, Cron. And I don't really see any major mistakes in the co-own/ loan market due to Beppe and Paratici (people, yourself included often seem inclined to focus all responsibility for our transfers on Beppe, when this is very clearly not the reality of proceedings).

The Giovinco case is one to debate, but not at all a cut and dried 'we got done'. for the form he showed at parma was fine enough for the money we paid for him minus the fee we got got for his parma 50 % originally. Its a shame he hasn't been able to replicate that form at Juve, but 15 goals and 11 assists for a 24/25 year old in serie a was always going to cost at least $10m...so to get him, overall wasn't bad business.

The only co-ownership I feel we as a club fucked up with was perhaps cassani, but at the time, that horrible time...we were tightening the purse strings to keep ourselves afloat and prepare for our period in purgatory.

Ternana are never going to be in a position where they will hold us to ransom, and neither will the vast majority of teams we co-own players to, precisely because they make good use of quality young talent for free and want that to continue, for it saves them taking risks on buying new talent themselves. This works out well for teams wishing to consolidate their position in serie b, maybe gain promotion, in which case, as with sassuolo, who knows eh, maybe they can keep their loaned young stars...sassuolo are looking good with zaza, berardi and boakye in attack next term, yet they own barely half of all three.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Apparently Juve also paid €0.5m for co-ownership of 1996 born striker Simone Russini from Ternana, as part of the negotiations with them.

Not sure yet whether he will stay with Ternana or join our Primavera team.

Jul 2, 2006
If it's a straight loan, then why would the other clubs use our youngsters?
Because they are needed. In every single nation, clubs are loaning their youngsters out but only in Italy this thing called co-ownership is happening. Why? Are they the only one got it right?

I would like to see Marotta do his trick in Barcelona. Imagine them re-buying their La Masia products for three times more than the amount they got. Like they did with Fabregas and Pique. They would have bite the dust in no time.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How much did we lose over the last couple of years? Only Giovinco was like 11mln :seven:
Except in situations like the one with Giovinco, when one of our co-owns impresses to the point that Juve wants him back, we normally make profit from the co-owns.

Last season we sold 50% of: Saphir Taïder (€2,35 m), James Troisi (€2 m), Cristian Pasquato (€1,5 m), Andrea Schiavone (€1,5 m), Albin Ekdal (€1,2 m), Filippo Boniperti (€1 m), Elio De Silvestro (€0,8 m), Raman Chibsah (€0,75 m), Alberto Libertazzi (€0,45 m).
That's a total of €11,55m eur which noone here is even aware of. As a big club, we have lots of youngsters and our primavera players are some of the best in the country. Almost all of them will find it hard to get a minute in Juve, and since we don't have a B squad, like in Spain, we can loan them out or co-own them. Co-owning them brings us more money.

Jul 2, 2006
Except in situations like the one with Giovinco, when one of our co-owns impresses to the point that Juve wants him back, we normally make profit from the co-owns.

Last summer we sold 50% of: Saphir Taïder (€2,35 m), James Troisi (€2 m), Cristian Pasquato (€1,5 m), Andrea Schiavone (€1,5 m), Albin Ekdal (€1,2 m), Filippo Boniperti (€1 m), Elio De Silvestro (€0,8 m), Raman Chibsah (€0,75 m), Alberto Libertazzi (€0,45 m).
That's a total of €11,55m eur which noone here is even aware of. As a big club, we have lots of youngsters and our primavera players are some of the best in the country. Almost all of them will find it hard to get a minute in Juve, and since we don't have a B squad, like in Spain, we can loan them out or co-own them. Co-owning them brings us more money.
That would be same with loaning them out, selling the ones we don't need and bringing back the others without paying anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)