Airstrike kills Hamas chief (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
Airstrike kills Hamas chief

An Israeli airstrike this morning killed Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, the founder and spiritual leader of the Islamic militant group Hamas, as he was leaving a Gaza City mosque. Hamas and the Palestinian militant group Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades are vowing to wage war against Israel and attack Israeli settlements. The U.S. State Department and Israel consider Hamas a terrorist organization.

Full Story..
----------------------

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I find both sides of this conflict hypocritical. They both claim to be seeking peace and that the other side is choosing the path of war, but they both insist on having the last laugh and retaliating.

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ah.. you were being sarcastic.. my bad.. I was so pissed off that I couldn't understand it..!!

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    I find both sides of this conflict hypocritical. They both claim to be seeking peace and that the other side is choosing the path of war, but they both insist on having the last laugh and retaliating.
    things are fvcked up there.. and now, it's getting worse..

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    :)
    good to see you hydde.. it was a long time since we last talked to each other..

don't go offtopic guys.. back to subject..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    good to see you hydde.. it was a long time since we last talked to each other..

don't go offtopic guys.. back to subject..
    Talking to yourself again Gandalf? :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    This move will backfire. Expect more resistance from Palastenians after the death of their spiritual leader. Hamas are promising an 'eye-for-an-eye' and a strike on Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon himself as well as planning mass bombings. This will really lead to more chaos and dettorioration in an already messed up land.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It's a very difficult situation down there. I don't support either side.

That wall, for example. Somethings can be said in favour of it but the fact that it doesn't run on the border but INTO Palestinian territory is just ridiculous imo. Talk about colonialisation. Bloody hell.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    That wall, for example. Somethings can be said in favour of it but the fact that it doesn't run on the border but INTO Palestinian territory is just ridiculous imo. Talk about colonialisation. Bloody hell.
    That wall stopped children going to school and men going to work to support their families. I never understood its purpose, why would they build a wall into the Palestinian territories? Aren't checkpoints in the borders enough?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

That wall stopped children going to school and men going to work to support their families. I never understood its purpose, why would they build a wall into the Palestinian territories? Aren't checkpoints in the borders enough?
    I agree. They claim that rationale behind building a wall was to stop terrorists from entering the settlements.

1. A wall will never stop a desperate person
    2. The only way to protect those living in the settlements is to build new settlements and move people to an area which is NOT CLAIMED by another ethnic group.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Violence will never beget peace. Personally I think Ariel Shorom (sp) is to blame. He does not want to support peace at all costs because there was an extended era of peace a few years back before he deicided to vist the Al-Aqsa Mosque & fuelled further hatred which led to so much bloodshed :sad: He has done it again by sending his troops to assasinate Sheikh Ahmed Yassin & thereafter going on TV to congratulate his armed forces.

Aug 1, 2003
    This only spell 'trouble'.

Personally I'm very scared. I think there's more war to come. But it's a tough call - the Israelis think Jerusalem is theirs, and the Palestinians think it's theirs. They're fighting over that, right?

If I'm not mistaken it goes back way back to religion, during Abraham's time. But explaining it might be conflicting so I'll just shut up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)