African Cup Of Nations 2008 (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
congrats to Egypt i just saw the highlights, they ate them alive and didn't give them a second to breath. Well deserved.

feel bad for Song though.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Conrgrats to all the Egyptians, especially Ahmedios
Mabrouk ya Masr...nawarto al 3arab...

congrats ma main Bisco for keep it real....
Congratulations Egypt. Congratulations Bisco. what a stupid error by Song.
congrats to all of egypt you deserved it!
congrats to Egypt i just saw the highlights, they ate them alive and didn't give them a second to breath. Well deserved.

feel bad for Song though.
thank u guys i appreciate this alot. i tried giving u guys +reps but it says i have given alot of reps during the past 24 hours so i'll have to wait so should be sending out the love sooooooooooon.:pint:

yeah i felt bad for song after the game to be honest during the game i was just screaming my lungs out cos he made the mistake that won us the game. i have to say i admire zidan a great deal he pressured him and thats where the mistake song made really paid up. he did try to equalize the game to make up for the mistake but it did'nt work for him but thats football. never the less a great player for the cameroon national team just like the rest of the squad who gave egypt a great game. it was great though that roger mila was there cos i loved him as a kid specially with his really cool goal celebration ( that dance).

mourinho was there too i guess he was just checking out how far african footie has gone. a great tournment that i enjoyed alot.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Nation parties after Pharaohs win

Hundreds of thousands of Egyptian football fans have taken to the streets after Egypt's victory in the Africa Cup of Nations football tournament.
The Pharaohs beat Cameroon in Accra, the Ghanaian capital, to retain the cup they won on home soil two years ago.

Sunday's 1-0 victory means Egypt have now won the cup a record sixth time.

Within seconds of the final whistle being blown, the Egyptian capital erupted into a cacophony of noise and a blur of light, our correspondent said.

Tour boats on the Nile sounded their horns in time to the chants of crowds pouring across bridges spanning Africa's longest river.

Fireworks lit up Cairo's night sky as jubilant fans climbed atop buses and cars, dancing and beating drums.

In Giza, the massive eight-lane Arab League street was brought to a standstill as flag-waving crowds celebrated the Pharaohs' historic victory.

With people driving around and around roundabouts honking their car horns, some policemen joined in the festivities, the BBC's Ian Pannell reported from Cairo.

"I feel very happy and I'm going to party all night to celebrate," 19-year-old Cairo resident Mohammed Saeed told the AP news agency, his face painted in the national colours of red, white and black.

In the football-loving nation of 80m people, the celebrations are likely to continue for days to come, our correspondent adds.

'Disappointment'

But in the Cameroon capital, Yaounde, the trumpeting and whistle-blowing that had lasted during the match died down at the final whistle, reports the BBC's Randy Jo Sa'ah.

"It's a terrible disappointment," one fan said.

But he said the team had done well to reach the final and said he would go to the airport to welcome the players home.

"The way we started this competition, I didn't expect we could reach this level."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7238129.stm

i'll try to get pics if possible.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The best organised team won the tournament imo and it is nice to see that the manager is from that particular country.

I thought Shehata was a fabulous player in the 80s and has proved he knows what he is doing as a manager as well.

I am not sure if it is true but someone told em that majority of the Egypt players play in their own league, if true then thats magnificent.

Congratulations to Egypt as they had some of the best players of the tournament not least the goal keeper, who was the best in the tournament

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
good stuff bisco, congrats on the win. though it took me to tell you that you were capable of it at the start of the tourny. the most complete team won in the end

OP
Salvatore
May 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #408
    I am not sure if it is true but someone told em that majority of the Egypt players play in their own league, if true then thats magnificent.
    Indeed it is true. I think that it resembles the 2006 Italian national teams victories a lot. Both have the majority/all players playing in their home countries league and neither had a stand out world class player like Cameroon had Eto'o and Ghana had Essien, but were great as a team unit.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    the pic i managed to find for celebrations here i'll see if my sister has some. i was shattered so i could'nt go out and celebrate :faq1:

video to come sooooon!!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    The best organised team won the tournament imo and it is nice to see that the manager is from that particular country.

I thought Shehata was a fabulous player in the 80s and has proved he knows what he is doing as a manager as well.

Congratulations to Egypt as they had some of the best players of the tournament not least the goal keeper, who was the best in the tournament
    denco nearly the entire team plays dometially except for:

mohammed shawky he plays in middlesbrough
    zidane plays for hamburg
    and ahmed hassan plays for anderlect apart from these 3 the entire team is domestic.

good stuff bisco, congrats on the win. though it took me to tell you that you were capable of it at the start of the tourny. the most complete team won in the end
    thats true bro :pint:

Indeed it is true. I think that it resembles the 2006 Italian national teams victories a lot. Both have the majority/all players playing in their home countries league and neither had a stand out world class player like Cameroon had Eto'o and Ghana had Essien, but were great as a team unit.
    :agree:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    denco nearly the entire team plays dometially except for:

zidane plays for hamburg
    and ahmed hassan plays for anderlect apart from these 3 the entire team is domestic.

thats true bro :pint:

:agree:
    Why your players feel they need to be playing in Middlesboro is something u need to explain to me

I knew about Zidan being at hamburg but its excellent that these guys are domestic players and to win a tournament as big as that with 95% of your team being in Egypt is a testament of very good management and it shows that Africa can produce their own and do not have to rely on second rate European managers that have failed in Europe and trying to exploit.

I hear Otto pfister is about 71 years old, a german that has never managed in Germany.

Most of the countries in this tournament came with foreign managers, that have managed other African countries.

World cup hosts South Africa appointed Carlos Alberto whose last job was to manage Azerbaijan badly.

Why they think their ex players would not do as good if not better jobs is just unbelievable.

Well done Shehata and congratulations again to Egypt.

Ps that guy in your picture with the red top on looks like Rooney on a very strict diet of special K

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Why your players feel they need to be playing in Middlesboro is something u need to explain to me

I knew about Zidan being at hamburg but its excellent that these guys are domestic players and to win a tournament as big as that with 95% of your team being in Egypt is a testament of very good management and it shows that Africa can produce their own and do not have to rely on second rate European managers that have failed in Europe and trying to exploit.

I hear Otto pfister is about 71 years old, a german that has never managed in Germany.

Most of the countries in this tournament came with foreign managers, that have managed other African countries.

World cup hosts South Africa appointed Carlos Alberto whose last job was to manage Azerbaijan badly.

Why they think their ex players would not do as good if not better jobs is just unbelievable.

Ps that guy in your picture with the red top on looks like Rooney on a very strict diet of special K

i honestly dont know denco to be honest. i mean player slike mido for example dont deserve to play in teams higher than middlesboro. zidan i think there is a lot to come from him but he is not a regular at hamburg niether was he a regular at bremen.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

It wasnt Azerbaijan's Carlos Alberto, it was Carlos Alberto Parreira the former Brazil coach that is now SA's manager.

another thing about Egypt is that most of their domestic players play in one club(Al-Ahly) so they have been playing together for ages..

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    here is sth i never knew before and was said in an interview. the coach in charge of the egyptain goal keeper had a course at Juventus with the same coach incharge of buffon. and using the same technique the egyptain goal keeper was trained the same way buffon trains.

OP
    Salvatore
    May 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #415
    Team of the Tournament:

Essam Al-Hadari
    Wael Gomaa-Geremi Njitap-Michael Essien
    Hosni Abd-Rabou-Sulley Muntari-Alexandre Song-Yaya Touré-Mohammed Abou-Treika
    Amr Zaki-Manucho​

Subs:

Richard Kingson
    Hani Saied
    Ahmed Fathi
    Saber Ben Fraj
    Didier Drogba
    Abdelkader Keita

Player of the Tournament:

Hosny Abd Rabo

Top scorer:

Samuel Eto'o - 5 goals

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    here is sth i never knew before and was said in an interview. the coach in charge of the egyptain goal keeper had a course at Juventus with the same coach incharge of buffon. and using the same technique the egyptain goal keeper was trained the same way buffon trains.
    i use the same aftershave as brad pitt but it dont mean i am able to shag angelina

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    i use the same aftershave as brad pitt but it dont mean i am able to shag angelina
    i guess u misunderstood me bozman!! there is no way on earth he will come close to buffon standard not a chance . for several reasons. i was referring to the fact that he was trained by a coach who was offered a chance to watch how super man trained not more or less ( the training technique). he is def th ebst in africa but buffon is the best in the world, a big big difference.

as for shagging angelina well u might call me wierd or even as vlatko would say a complete pedrecana but i dont think she is that hot to deserve all the shagging energy :seven: god i cant stand her honestly.:inter:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    cool pics kareem!! where the ones at the top at merghany???
    i love celebrating there but its a shame all my friends left the country forr work and i fell a bit ill that day. def a superb night!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)