AFC Asian Cup 2023 (3 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
I don't like that the final is Qatar vs Jordan. Who's going to tune in to watch this shit on a Saturday at 4 pm CET? No one outside Jordan and Qatar cares about this game. Many better games happening around the same time this final kicks off.
Agree
Still I doubt that the same folks ur talking about would have watched Korea Iran either

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #85
    I bet AFC might want to see a final between China and India(though never gonna happen lol), the number of viewers man I could guarantee.
    No one wants to watch that shit Bro. Even the Chinese and Indians themselves will be watching cricket, basketball, or the EPL if it came to that.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I bet AFC might want to see a final between China and India(though never gonna happen lol), the number of viewers man I could guarantee.
    I'd watch it if it was field hockey, the Chinese women hockey team have literally one of the best coaches in Alyson Annan and Ric Charlesworth as her assistant. Football wise, China is still shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like that the final is Qatar vs Jordan. Who's going to tune in to watch this shit on a Saturday at 4 pm CET? No one outside Jordan and Qatar cares about this game. Many better games happening around the same time this final kicks off.
    Even @Lion wouldn't want you to miss that final

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Like I said at the start of the tournament, not really surprised to see a regional team win it (and two in the final). I feel like when it's in the ME I rule out the likes of Korea and Japan. I actually feel like there is a bit of a handicap now as every tournament seems to be in the ME (shocking news, I know, but the next one is in Saudi).

Tbh it would be no different than a Euro team trying to win a tournament in South America, it's a long way away and a different planet, the only difference is that these teams have some familiarity with each other as they play in latter qualifying rounds. AFC is, geographically, a ridiculously big federation.

I know lots of players around the world play in Europe and it's a bit of a leveller in terms of familiarity but also conversely it is a positive thing for Qatar that all of their players are domestic, especially for a home tournament.

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
    Qatar was the best team in this tournament by far and deserved to win, although a Jordan win would have been a good underdog story but the experience was clearly lacking (three penalties is wild for a finalist, although the last one is debatable). Qatar also makes good use of naturalized players and have some of the best academies in the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Need to sort the refs out in this competition as well, they are so shit.
    Shocking referees. Also, the designators need to be looked at. Can't have an Arab refereeing another Arab team or a Persian ref'ing an Iraq game for instance.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    I got depressed while watching the final, 3 goals from penalty spot, indeed Qatar took advantage from hosting and also referees in favor.

Gaidamack

Jan 5, 2018
    Not a big fan of the Asian Cup. When I was at the university in my second year, I had a Chinese roommate who always watched the Asian Cup on his laptop. I even remember that he was using the Sports Stats platform to watch the matches. We were good friends, so sometimes I used to buy beer, and we watched the matches together. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to offend anybody, but to be honest, English football is more entertaining and dynamic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)