AFC Asian Cup 2023 (1 Viewer)

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
Palestine almost staged a big upset against Emirates. Honestly they had so many chances but just were super wasteful and should have won. The UAE goalkeeper made a lot of good saves.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Another dreadful performance by the Aussies, corto muso’d our way to a 1-0 win against a dogshit Syria team. On to the KO rounds we go, but this team will crumble against the likes of Korea, Japan or Iran.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I forgot to post here but I was going to say that there are always upsets when east Asian teams come across to the middle east. I fancy one of the regional teams to win it, maybe Iran or the hosts.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
There was alarm bells when Vietnam made a game of it vs Japan

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to post here but I was going to say that there are always upsets when east Asian teams come across to the middle east. I fancy one of the regional teams to win it, maybe Iran or the hosts.
You'd think Japan would know of these conditions considering their achievements at the last World cup

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
Heart attacks at the dying minutes of the game... Iraq's GK is terrible and he's the captain...

- - - Updated - - -

What a victory vs. Japan (the big favorites). Perfect game plan too. I also don't remember the last time Japan lost internationally so this is a massive result too.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There was alarm bells when Vietnam made a game of it vs Japan

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think Japan would know of these conditions considering their achievements at the last World cup
I've seen it so many times with them, they often lack a cutting edge. Just pass it around to death. Ok they are missing a couple of difference makers but at AC level it's funny.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Cant say I'm expecting much from HK vs Iran later, hopefully HK will save their best performance vs Palestine. But considering its their first Asian cup since 1968 and the lowest ranked team in the tournament, I was pretty proud of what I saw of them vs UAE

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Decent performance from HK that first half, had 2 glorious chances to score, Iran look shakey at the back

- - - Updated - - -

unbelievable heart and spirit from Hong Kong there, Nunez at the back was a rock, unfortunately undone by one moment of quality from Iran, seriously impressed with their pressing game and really unlucky not to have scored at least. I really would love to see them get a win now against palestine, and I think this game v Iran proves that they're not just here to make up the numbers. Really proud of them. :touched:

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Decent performance from HK that first half, had 2 glorious chances to score, Iran look shakey at the back

- - - Updated - - -

unbelievable heart and spirit from Hong Kong there, Nunez at the back was a rock, unfortunately undone by one moment of quality from Iran, seriously impressed with their pressing game and really unlucky not to have scored at least. I really would love to see them get a win now against palestine, and I think this game v Iran proves that they're not just here to make up the numbers. Really proud of them. :touched:

do you and @s4tch think the inter marotta mafia was involved in the match here. is the hong kong team sponsored by juve and this was an attempt to hurt juve?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)