AFC Asian Cup 2023 (4 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
That card was ridiculous and any ref wouldn't award it for a goal celebration, five Jordan players did the same celebration too, but one player was too provoking apparently... That ref ruined the match, honestly.
What was excessive about the celebration according to the ref?

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
What was excessive about the celebration according to the ref?
I have no idea honestly... You can see that Jordan had a similar celebration in the first half with not one or two players but five... For context the celebration is imitating eating traditional food called Mansaf (typically, eaten with the hands). In Iraq, we have similar style food Quzi or even more provincial food named Dulaimia, also eaten with the hands. The whole thing is too absurd to even discuss or warrant a yellow card.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That card was ridiculous and any ref wouldn't award it for a goal celebration, five Jordan players did the same celebration too, but one player was too provoking apparently... That ref ruined the match, honestly.
The ref is Iranian which kinda says it all really. Whatever next a Palestinian ref officiating Israel?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea honestly... You can see that Jordan had a similar celebration in the first half with not one or two players but five... For context the celebration is imitating eating traditional food called Mansaf (typically, eaten with the hands). In Iraq, we have similar style food Quzi or even more provincial food named Dulaimia, also eaten with the hands. The whole thing is too absurd to even discuss or warrant a yellow card.
Precisely the sort of ref the figc would love in their ranks and turn him anti Juventino

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
The ref is Iranian which kinda says it all really. Whatever next a Palestinian ref officiating Israel?

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely the sort of ref the figc would love in their ranks and turn him anti Juventino
Not only that but the ref is considered from Australia. And iraq is on that side of the bracket. It's an extremely odd and puzzling choice. Him being Iranian is also extra weird due to the nature of the rivalry between us. It's really a shocking decision that will never happen on any international championship. You don't just brandish a second yellow card that easily in such a high stake match.

Lol FIGC would hire a monkey at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Palestine played well, honestly. They deserved something.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Not only that but the ref is considered from Australia. And iraq is on that side of the bracket. It's an extremely odd and puzzling choice. Him being Iranian is also extra weird due to the nature of the rivalry between us. It's really a shocking decision that will never happen on any international championship. You don't just brandish a second yellow card that easily in such a high stake match.

Lol FIGC would hire a monkey at this rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Palestine played well, honestly. They deserved something.
No he's definitely Iranian, looks Iranian, born in Iran I think he only got an aussie passport through other means but he's definitely Iranian.

Juve-Fan-Iraq

Oct 7, 2023
I won't be surprised if Uzbekistan goes far in this tournament. They've always been badass in the Asian cups and kind of a boogeyman for a lot of good teams.

- - - Updated - - -

No he's definitely Iranian, looks Iranian, born in Iran I think he only got an aussie passport through other means but he's definitely Iranian.
He sure is Iranian and in fact historically has an atrocious record when he referees Iraq games.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I won't be surprised if Uzbekistan goes far in this tournament. They've always been badass in the Asian cups and kind of a boogeyman for a lot of good teams.

- - - Updated - - -

He sure is Iranian and in fact historically has an atrocious record when he referees Iraq games.
Seems pretty fixed to me to have an Iranian ref officiating Iraq, surprised not more has been made of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Chinese football esp the mngt, bunch of amateurs and corrupters.
Forza Hong Kong

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
man it's amazing how everyone bands together despite differences to be anti saudi.

love the get togetheness aspect of wishing them to go out lol

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
No. Fuck that. Tajikstan are a trash team. Iran vs Japan or Korea would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

@Juve-Fan-Iraq Sorry for your loss Bro. Jordan are a garbage team tbh.
Japan have been dominant in both national and club level for a long time and arguably the greatest team in Asia, It is better if a team other than Japan wins this tournament so that the level of Asia football becomes more competitive. Everyone is sleeping on korea, only makes me think they’ll go farther, arguably could win it. Australia has been incredibly balanced i want to see them proceed to the latter stages of the tournament but not as a champion, as they are not an asian team.

OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #60
    Uzbekistan looked quite exciting going forward against the Thais yesterday. Then again, they were playing Thailand.

I am glad the Saudis are out - they can take their gidam ya akhdar gidam and shove it up their wara2 or behinds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)