Adrien Rabiot (49 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We need hjim to cotinue like this.

We need midfielders and he is in a good age.

i would like him to beincluded in a supposed Griezmann swap

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
About time this guy finds some decent form. Otherwise the midfield would have looked too thin to make that final push for scudetto. Rotation will have to come rather sooner than later, now we've got one option more it seems. Keep it up!

athas

Jul 15, 2007
20-30M :lol3:. Many of you guys has that "the grass is greener on the other side" thinking.

Let's see which characteristics of a starting left side mid we need:

- Great work rate and stamina to cover for CR7's little pressing and non existent defend, offer width when CR7 cut inside.
- Great passing and control the ball - Sarriball
- Tough tacking - cover Arthur's weakness
- Good in press resist.
- Have size and strength to win aerial battle in mid or in attack when he runs to the box. Arthur, Dybala, D.Costa lack this.
- Don't panic in top match.

Now let's see our targets so far:

- SMS: He is a playmaker, not a box-to-box, perfect for Allegri but not so much for Sarri, lack stamina to run up and down the field.

- Tonali: too green, he's like our Bentancur 2 years ago, with little more brave and passing ability but less dynamic. Can't be our starting mid.

- Castrovilli: Great when have the ball at his feet, good work rate but he's not a press resist player. He tends to disappear when the team is pressed. lack size.

- Aouar: I don't know about him, but he seems more of technical mid, force him into this defensive role may not be ideal.

- Pellegrini / Locatelli is overrated, they don't influence the game enough.

- Pogba: While it's great on paper, I don't think put him behind Ronaldo will work. He has changed when he come to Man U. First: his work rate now is below average, our left side will be exposed and the pressing plan will fail. The team will be pushed back, the forwards won't see the ball and you guys will start the blame game (Sarri) soon. Second: he tends to cut inside and occupy space for Ronaldo, and we all know Ronaldo needs space the most. I know Pogba is great, but put great players together doesn't always bring greater result. When we signed Cr7, all of us fapping to the idea of him and Dybala play together. 2 years pass and now we still can't make the two working well together despite we had a high intelligent, flexible coach in Allegri. Third: Pogba's cost will be high, may be too high that we can't afford.

Now after long analysis, look back to our roster and we already have a player that tick all the box: Rabiot (may be not great work rate, but he is improving and have great stamina). People don't like his attitude, I agree he looks like a jerk but I know that character, he does care, you can see yesterday he made a slide tackle in 90 minutes, that's Vidal's mentality. Deep inside he is just a sensitive boy and he needs stable, family enviroment. We have exactly that and he starts to do well. Give him more time and make he feels important, I believe he can do great things for us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We can't sell off all our current midfielders so rabiot hurting form and proving himself is a massive help in this summer's market. If he can further improve and be consistent then we have our midfielder on the left.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's been two games, so please let's temper the excitement. Again, we should always looking to improve. I don't think a starting midfield of Rabiot, Bentancur and Arthur is going to be enough going into next season. I feel it's going to be too inconsistent and might get overwhelmed in the big matches. Ramsey coming off the bench or starting when fit is definitely useful, but we need more. We definitely need one starting quality mid of a very high level.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
It's been two games, so please let's temper the excitement. Again, we should always looking to improve. I don't think a starting midfield of Rabiot, Bentancur and Arthur is going to be enough going into next season. I feel it's going to be too inconsistent and might get overwhelmed in the big matches. Ramsey coming off the bench or starting when fit is definitely useful, but we need more. We definitely need one starting quality mid of a very high level.
No doubt we need another midfielder, but unless it's Pogba or SMS I would try to keep Rabiot if he continues improving.

Jan 22, 2016
It seems like he wasn't even Caring up until Corona break. The moment he has decided to gear up he suddenly becomes a worthy starter for us. look what a player he can be if he wants to DO IT.

We brought him for this not the one we saw for the first six months here. Now stay humble boy and continue this form to the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)