Adrien Rabiot (37 Viewers)

renew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't really judge him so far. It's easy to say he has been underwhelming, but this season was going to be a development one for him even without the lock down. Didn't play for 6 months, signed, and then global pandemic for another 3 months, lol.

Surprised he doesn't look like prime Socrates.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Not worse than khedira even when he is 'fit'

- - - Updated - - -

I think he will stay for another season which will be his make or break season, I don't think we are going to give up on him just yet, unless a decent offer arrives.
Khedira is miles ahead of him when fit. Ive seen Rabiot out of position more in half a season than Khedira in five years.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Is he actually decent bait? If not then may as well keep him. In form and fit he is a good midfielder and we need that for squad depth.

If he can reduce a fee to land a pogba type or another starting midfielder that is of great quality then use him as bait and get the deal done.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I can't really judge him so far. It's easy to say he has been underwhelming, but this season was going to be a development one for him even without the lock down. Didn't play for 6 months, signed, and then global pandemic for another 3 months, lol.

Surprised he doesn't look like prime Socrates.
Ditto. And he was quite good for short period and showed what he can do (right before the couple of subpar games before corona).

Only problem I've had with him so far is he doesn't attack the box/score/create much as a mezzala. He's ideal as the second CM that plays in between the regista and the mezzala or second CM in a CM of two. A technical one in a diff system as opposed to the current one with Matuidi.

He'd be a good sub for Arthur if we switch to that system.

And only problem with that is his salary: 7+2m. In past, our 2m bonuses were 1m for winning scudetto, 1m for CL. If that's still the case, his salary is essentially 8m.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If he runs, he's good. Creates chances in the air just because of his height. A nothing cross turned into a point blank header because he ran into the box. If he runs enough to press the opposition, they cannot play around him because of his size and range.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If he runs, he's good. Creates chances in the air just because of his height. A nothing cross turned into a point blank header because he ran into the box. If he runs enough to press the opposition, they cannot play around him because of his size and range.
:agree:

Needs to get himself in the box more often (as does Bentancur).

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah, more mobility from him would be a game changer. On paper he's got it all but in practice he's either too shy or too lazy to push forward more often.

Jun 16, 2020
Finally he had some explosiveness/energy in his game. I’ve been missing that from him. He was good today, still needs to reach a higher level and maintain that for multiple games, but today gives me hope. What a difference compared to Matuidi on the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)