Adrien Rabiot (22 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This kid was supposed to be at least talented right? But at what though? What is it he's supposed to be good at because I honestly can't tell. If you put him on the Lecce team instead I'd look at him and think to myself "no wonder they're struggling to stay up with that level of player"

His mum might be a GOAT agent after all

Xperd

Legendary G.O.A.T
Jun 1, 2012
Hopefully Everton 'rescues' him from here.

He's neither bad nor good. He's neither a squad player nor a certified starter. He's basically not convincing enough. And his wages mean that we dont have the room to accommodate a starting eleven quality midfielder without getting rid of him.

I don't want to see another Khedira-esque situation where we are just 'content' seeing mediocre performances and do not bother to upgrade because they are so difficult to get rid of in the first place.

This is one big downside to signing semi-established/injury prone bosmans.

It would have been a different thing if we are signing a free player who's coming off a fantastic season which wasnt the case with Rabiot.

- - - Updated - - -

And we are continuing to plug the holes in midfield with more 'uncertainties'. Arthur could be another hit or miss.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Rabiot, with his attitude, would be a travesty in EPL, no matter what club he might join. He shouldn't have left PSG in the first place, it was a perfect fit for him from all possible perspectives.

JuveJay

起死回生
Mar 6, 2007
I can't really judge him so far. It's easy to say he has been underwhelming, but this season was going to be a development one for him even without the lock down. Didn't play for 6 months, signed, and then global pandemic for another 3 months, lol.

Surprised he doesn't look like prime Socrates.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Not worse than khedira even when he is 'fit'

- - - Updated - - -

I think he will stay for another season which will be his make or break season, I don't think we are going to give up on him just yet, unless a decent offer arrives.
Khedira is miles ahead of him when fit. Ive seen Rabiot out of position more in half a season than Khedira in five years.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Is he actually decent bait? If not then may as well keep him. In form and fit he is a good midfielder and we need that for squad depth.

If he can reduce a fee to land a pogba type or another starting midfielder that is of great quality then use him as bait and get the deal done.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I can't really judge him so far. It's easy to say he has been underwhelming, but this season was going to be a development one for him even without the lock down. Didn't play for 6 months, signed, and then global pandemic for another 3 months, lol.

Surprised he doesn't look like prime Socrates.
Ditto. And he was quite good for short period and showed what he can do (right before the couple of subpar games before corona).

Only problem I've had with him so far is he doesn't attack the box/score/create much as a mezzala. He's ideal as the second CM that plays in between the regista and the mezzala or second CM in a CM of two. A technical one in a diff system as opposed to the current one with Matuidi.

He'd be a good sub for Arthur if we switch to that system.

And only problem with that is his salary: 7+2m. In past, our 2m bonuses were 1m for winning scudetto, 1m for CL. If that's still the case, his salary is essentially 8m.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
If he runs, he's good. Creates chances in the air just because of his height. A nothing cross turned into a point blank header because he ran into the box. If he runs enough to press the opposition, they cannot play around him because of his size and range.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If he runs, he's good. Creates chances in the air just because of his height. A nothing cross turned into a point blank header because he ran into the box. If he runs enough to press the opposition, they cannot play around him because of his size and range.
:agree:

Needs to get himself in the box more often (as does Bentancur).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 13)