Aaron Ramsey - CM/AM - Arsenal (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Ozil is good against bottom 10 teams and poor against top 10.

We're doing fine vs the Chievos and SPALs. We need players who can beat the best in Europe. Ozil isn't that.

Welcome to 2018...almost 2019.

We do lack a top mezzala. Ozil-like AM isn't the answer. Ramsey kinda is except he isn't top. Can connect midfield with attack, play in the "hole," counterattack, shoot from long distance - everything we're missing and a clear improvement over Khedira, who tries to be a mezzala. But there needs to be another CM signing who's even better.
Would you rather have Ozil or Ramsey?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was Arsenal's player of the year last year. I know that's a bit like being the fastest white guy in the 100m sprint but he has been a key player for them - when fit. That's the continual problem with him, because otherwise he's a dangerous attacking threat from midfield. He's had four 40+ game seasons for Arsenal out of ten seasons, but you could easily argue that we don't need him to play that many games for us.

On a personal level I'd like to see a Welsh player play for us, but generally I'm indifferent to his arrival.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If we spend most of our budget on de Ligt and buy one or two other cheaper youngsters like Tonali, will you be OK with just Ramsey for midfield?

If de Ligt is clearly the best CB of his generation, I would be fine waiting another year for a top CM to arrive.

And even with injuries, rather have Ramsey than toxic, hardly better Rabiot.

What happened to Fabregas btw? Did he forget how to kick a ball?

- - - Updated - - -

Should increase our presence in the UK market too.

I hope he isn't the typical Brit with whom adaptation is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)