Aaah, the drama in Rome... (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ooft ] ++
I find it rather amusing that you guys are laughing at the standard of debate on other forums when yours seems to be confined to quoting and insulting with such pearls of wisdom as "bunch of losers". The problem with forums like this is that they are open to abuse, not only by opposing fans like me but by fans of your own team. Over at Roma-Addict we have just had some lunatic making veiled threats of violence against other forum members and spamming the forum with dozens of stupid, spiteful topics and then asking if his ban can be revoked. This guy professes to love Roma but he's messing up our forum. The fact that you guys seem to have time to come across and laugh at us during a period of profound misfortune has led a most members to reject you out of hand - on forums dedicated to one team it's only natural that some will resent the presence of other fans. It's just like being in a bar for a game with supporters of both sides present, except the rules governing behaviour in bars don't apply on the internet so a lot of stupid sh!t keeps happening. You could expect some fair debate in a normal bar, but if a Juve fan walked into a Roma supporters' club in Rome during the Juve-Roma game he would have no right to expect to even be served a drink. It can be fun to trade insults over the internet, but a lot of dumb stuff gets said that would never be said in real life. If you were invited to a Roma fan's house I sincerely hope you wouldn't leave a turd under his pillow, but that's what a lot of you seem to be doing on Roma-Addict. Have some respect.
When I joined the Roma Forums, I had the intention to discuss the issue of Frisk in a sensible matter, wanting to see how Romanisti would respond to their fans at Stadio Olimpico, and what they think of Voeller. I found that its very hard to discuss such things, because too many Romanista fans would just post "go away, Juve sucks, Juve merda". I wasn't expecting that warm of a welcome, but I thought it would subside after a while. Boy was I wrong. Even when I tried to discuss things with posters like Zed on the Addict forums, these neophyte posters (like a guy named Umit and some little prick named Sethuel) could not talk in a sensible way and only posted insults. This Sethuel guy even had the nerve to say my school, Penn State, sucks. :rolleyes: Its posters like that which really bring out the worst in the Forum. And sadly to say the Roma forums are filled with such imbeciles. Coincidence?

And I was astonished to see that even one of the better posters, StarChild, didn't want to listen to anything I had to say and wanted me to leave. Reason? Because I support Juventus. How pathetic is that? Don't get me wrong, posters like Nicole and Doddy gave me a warm welcome. But I'm afraid that the overall attitude of the Roma Forums is filled with jealously and "hate" which gives your fans a bad rep.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
I don't believe you man. I only joined this forum today. How could I have given you shit when we won 4-0? If you're gonna keep slinging imaginary accusations at me I'll just go back to my own little Roma world. It's not very pleasant right now losing 3-0 to Bologna but at least I don't have to put up with people accusing me of non-existent crimes.

you as in Roma fans. not you the individual. i never said anything bad about you.

Ooft

Sep 25, 2004
Roma in Serie B? I don't think it will come to that. There's just too much talent in the squad and while I think finishing well outside the top six is a real danger for Roma I can't see them staying in the bottom half of the table. Normally to play Real Madrid and Inter would be the worst thing, but with both those sides also having serious dips in form Roma could perhaps harness their madness and get a result in both games. It's not impossible. Also the season is still young and Roma is still only three points off the top six. I'd like to see us get some sort of momentum going before we visit you guys at the Dell'Alpi but Roma will still be complete underdogs that day. But the fact that you're spending time talking about Roma's crisis and enjoying it is a backhanded compliment, because you wouldn't be doing that if you didn't still perceive us as a real threat.
The Roma-Lazio discussion has been a bit one-sided for a while now because they haven't beaten us for more than four years, but I think this is going to be one of those seasons like so many of old where the main thing the Roman teams have to fight for is the derby.

Ooft

Sep 25, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++ And I was astonished to see that even one of the better posters, StarChild, didn't want to listen to anything I had to say and wanted me to leave. Reason? Because I support Juventus. How pathetic is that? Don't get me wrong, posters like Nicole and Doddy gave me a warm welcome. But I'm afraid that the overall attitude of the Roma Forums is filled with jealously and "hate" which gives your fans a bad rep.
Like I said, I think you might have got a more reasonable discussion at another time, but the way things have been going at Roma recently just made it look like you came to gloat, even though I realise now that was not the intention of many of you. In the spirit of not gloating I won't talk about the Palermo game :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Like I said, I think you might have got a more reasonable discussion at another time, but the way things have been going at Roma recently just made it look like you came to gloat, even though I realise now that was not the intention of many of you. In the spirit of not gloating I won't talk about the Palermo game :D
In the spirit of not gloating, we might aswell keep totaly queit about bolonga, leece, dynamo kiev...

OP
Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #95
    Roma in Serie B? I don't think it will come to that. There's just too much talent in the squad and while I think finishing well outside the top six is a real danger for Roma I can't see them staying in the bottom half of the table. Normally to play Real Madrid and Inter would be the worst thing, but with both those sides also having serious dips in form Roma could perhaps harness their madness and get a result in both games. It's not impossible. Also the season is still young and Roma is still only three points off the top six. I'd like to see us get some sort of momentum going before we visit you guys at the Dell'Alpi but Roma will still be complete underdogs that day. But the fact that you're spending time talking about Roma's crisis and enjoying it is a backhanded compliment, because you wouldn't be doing that if you didn't still perceive us as a real threat.
    The Roma-Lazio discussion has been a bit one-sided for a while now because they haven't beaten us for more than four years, but I think this is going to be one of those seasons like so many of old where the main thing the Roman teams have to fight for is the derby.
    can't get a joke?! :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Mark my words: Roma will be back ... and this season. There's too much talent there for it to entirely go to waste.

Voller was a horrendous fit for their coach to begin with. As I mentioned in another thread here, I would suddenly get laughing fits thinking Totti+Cassano+Voller. If you could put that team chemistry in a bottle, you'd have a weapons-grade gassing agent.

If Roma lands a coach who is less of a pushover, they may focus more on the game than their antics. (Antics of a few of their fans aside.)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    And that man is Gigi Del Neri. Hes almost certain to take over the reigns, and i gotta agree swag - Roma will be back, this season. Hes definitely the right man for the job as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)