A present day Moses (2 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
how can you hate that which does not exist? and you are getting really boring
First of all you can never be 100% sure that it doesnt exist!!

As for the bolded part; you dont see me oppening threads that say "Jesus died for you, accept him", "God is real" etc.. or starting religios debates, so i dont see how can i be boring!!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Can you see when you're in love? Can you see the happy feeling you get sometimes?

I think in proper religious people, you can just notice a certain sense of security they have about life.. floats their boat, let 'em be.

Do you need facts for everything?

God's existence is not a fact, yes... but it is a possibility.
And that's why hardcore atheists seem really dull and boring to me, they're so close minded. Acting all certain and shit.. puhleez

Einstein was the smartest person ever, and even he was open to the topic.. unlike these guys you see saying their atheist and making fun of spiritual people, just because it's out of fashion to believe in God lmao

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Eℓvin;1834095 said:
Hey look at me, I'm atheist, I think I'm smarter than most people, I have no life, and am lonely and depressed %90 of the time.
You're not smarter than the others because you're atheist. You are atheist because you are smarter than the others.

Jan 7, 2004
Eℓvin;1834115 said:
Can you see when you're in love? Can you see the happy feeling you get sometimes?

I think in proper religious people, you can just notice a certain sense of security they have about life.. floats their boat, let 'em be.

Do you need facts for everything?

God's existence is not a fact, yes... but it is a possibility.
And that's why hardcore atheists seem really dull and boring to me, they're so close minded. Acting all certain and shit.. puhleez

Einstein was the smartest person ever, and even he was open to the topic.. unlike these guys you see saying their atheist and making fun of spiritual people, just because it's out of fashion to believe in God lmao

my point is that spirituality is not something that is measurable. it's something that you do to yourself. the only spirituality that you need is the one that you decide for yourself.

the point that martin is trying to make is that religion is not to be pushed on anyone, even your own children, because consequences can be dire.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Can you really call someone smart, when he talks with so much arrogant certainty about something that simply cannot be proven or disproven?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
my point is that spirituality is not something that is measurable. it's something that you do to yourself. the only spirituality that you need is the one that you decide for yourself.

the point that martin is trying to make is that religion is not to be pushed on anyone, even your own children, because consequences can be dire.
I agree completely.

But I still thing atheists are a sad bunch, because they don't even consider the possibility of the existence.. and those religious people who try to push (it's ok to share) their beliefs down the throats of others are also sad.

Jan 7, 2004
Eℓvin;1834127 said:
Can you really call someone smart, when he talks with so much arrogant certainty about something that simply cannot be proven or disproven?
it's not about whether he exists or not. if god did exist, he would have to follows the fundamental laws of the universe, which means that there isn't much he can do, which leads to the conclusion that essentially i doesn't matter if he exists or not which ends with the assumption, for sake of elegance and easiness, he don't exist.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Eℓvin;1834127 said:
Eℓvin;1834115 said:
And that's why hardcore atheists seem really dull and boring to me, they're so close minded.
This is true. They're just as bad as the religious fanatics. I can't stand both of them.

One learns by asking questions, many questions. By being curious, exploring and reading a lot.
I refuse to accept without a question when someone tells me "God exists" or when someone claims that God doesn't exist. There are millions and millions who accepted that as a fact, without bothering to ask "Why?" "How do we know this?" etc.

But most of those who asked the questions, who keep asking questions, who keep reading, who are familiar with the history of religion and world's history....are closer to atheism than theism.

Jan 7, 2004
Eℓvin;1834130 said:
I agree completely.

But I still thing atheists are a sad bunch, because they don't even consider the possibility of the existence.. and those religious people who try to push (it's ok to share) their beliefs down the throats of others are also sad.
let me give you an example, every once in a while, when i am watching juventus i get this feeling that they will score, sometimes up to the point where i can't celebrate the goal because I KNEW it was going to happen. probably happened twice and the last time was the juve-lecce game where i had a strong belief amauri was going to score.

i just don't base my health one such beliefs.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
it's not about whether he exists or not. if god did exist, he would have to follows the fundamental laws of the universe, which means that there isn't much he can do, which leads to the conclusion that essentially i doesn't matter if he exists or not which ends with the assumption, for sake of elegance and easiness, he don't exist.
That is exactly what bothers me with you atheists. "He would have to",
you don't even have a shadow of a doubt that the existence of smth that your little human mind isn't able to perceive on Earthly terms is possible, you're considering everything based on human terms.
"I'm not able to explain how everything started, but it's definitely not God, because he'd have to follow the rules of the universe, just like us".

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
At the end of the day, submission is what it takes to believe in God... and that is probably the ultimate test for humans. If God would just show himself, there would be no point, everyone would believe and obey him obviously. What's the point of that? What happens to free will then? Who deserves heaven?

Jan 7, 2004
Eℓvin;1834142 said:
That is exactly what bothers me with you atheists. "He would have to",
you don't even have a shadow of a doubt that the existence of smth that your little human mind isn't able to perceive on Earthly terms is possible, you're considering everything based on human terms.
"I'm not able to explain how everything started, but it's definitely not God, because he'd have to follow the rules of the universe, just like us".

in 20 years of living i haven't seen a miracle and in 5000 years of recorded history i have not read a miracle account that any knowledgeable person would take literally. so this means that in 5000 years god HAS followed those laws. so he has not given me the required proof and i do not have the need to believe in him.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
in 20 years of living i haven't seen a miracle and in 5000 years of recorded history i have not read a miracle account that any knowledgeable person would take literally. so this means that in 5000 years god HAS followed those laws. so he has not given me the required proof and i do not have the need to believe in him.
I don't think any of us really wanna see a miracle, that would freak the shit out of us. But knowing you, even if you saw one you'd still probably say "noo way man, smth must be off" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)