A present day Moses (2 Viewers)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #41
    Martin what is it with you hating religion so much?? I really cant understand. What happened? Did something really bad happened to you that made you hate God and religion in all?? I am really sorry for you dude!! But you really need to stop man. Ok we got it, you dont believe in God and you hate the religious people and religion. But you are getting really borring dude.
    I can answer this very simply: why not? Why not question religion? Why not expose the harm it causes?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
    God said to Abraham kill me a son,
    Abe said, Man you must be puttin' me on
    God said, No. Abe said, What?
    God said, Do what you want Abe, but
    The next time you see me comin' you better run!
    Abe said, Where you want this killin' done?
    God said, Out on highway 61!

Because two negligent parents let their little kid die because they'd been brainwashed by their church into "faith healing".
    So if they did that because they believed Cristiano Ronaldo would save their kid, this should be in the EPL thread?

Anyway, I don't know about the legal system in which those guys live, but around here, it is clearly a criminal offence to do what they have done and they should be judged accordingly. Freedom of religion is no defence for such a thing, if at all.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #53
    So if they did that because they believed Cristiano Ronaldo would save their kid, this should be in the EPL thread?
    Well, no. Because it's not the function of Ronaldo or the EPL to tell people how to live their lives. Churches on the other hand..

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Well, no. Because it's not the function of Ronaldo or the EPL to tell people how to live their lives. Churches on the other hand..
    Well ... I guess I have to agree to that. More or less.

Anyway, I won't argue for the sake of it here. It's pretty clear some people have a horrendous interpretation of religion. Bombing other people, letting ones own child day etc. they all fit in the same category to me.

I went to church quite often in my younger days, and I never heard any priest tell me to let God take care of my or other people's problems. Quite the contrary actually: the whole message of Jesus is to get out there and help people. Go and see the outcasts of society, the sick, the poor, the "sinners" and help them; not to do anything against someone else that you would not want to be done against yourself; in other words: use your common sense.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #58
    Well ... I guess I have to agree to that. More or less.

Anyway, I won't argue for the sake of it here. It's pretty clear some people have a horrendous interpretation of religion. Bombing other people, letting ones own child day etc. they all fit in the same category to me.

I went to church quite often in my younger days, and I never heard any priest tell me to let God take care of my or other people's problems. Quite the contrary actually: the whole message of Jesus is to get out there and help people. Go and see the outcasts of society, the sick, the poor, the "sinners" and help them; not to do anything against someone else that you would not want to be done against yourself; in other words: use your common sense.
    Churches are not created equal. The Catholic church I used to go to was harmless. But do you have any idea how many ridiculous factions there are in the US? Every week someone starts a new one.

So just because your church doesn't say it doesn't mean none do.

in other words: use your common sense.
    I doubt that. If you'd be using your common sense you'd say "so God. I can't see him, I can't hear him, he's nowhere to be found. this is bs."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)