A Friendly in Hamburg on the 1st August (2 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What did we all expect? Bring on Sunderland!! I leave friday for my trip up north. Hopefully i'll actually see a Juve goal. (I'll try not to hold my breath):D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Juve's Hamburg hiccup

Wednesday 1 August, 2007

Juventus fell to another pre-season defeat 1-0 in Hamburg, but Alessandro Del Piero is raring to go after his injury.

The Bianconeri’s continental tour started with a 2-0 loss at Newcastle United on Sunday and continued in Germany with a completely changed line-up.

The 'Juventus 2’ as they have been called struggled to perform against a Hamburg outfit that is ready to begin the Bundesliga in a matter of days.

Goalkeeper Emanuele Belardi was forced into three tricky early saves to deny Rafael van der Vaart and Zidan.

However, Del Piero made his first start since returning from a muscular injury and was inspirational.

The captain was denied a penalty for Reinhart’s foul and also curled a free kick just over the bar.

Summer signings Antonio Nocerino and Domenico Criscito had good opportunities for the Italians, but Hamburg finally snatched victory five minutes from time.

Belardi was caught out by a Coupo Moting counter-attack to seal this latest setback.

Considering the German club are ready to begin their domestic campaign and this was a below-strength Juventus side, Coach Claudio Ranieri can be relatively content with the performance.

Hamburg 1-0 Juventus
Scorers: Choupo-Moting 85 (H)
Hamburg: Rost (Hesl 46); Brecko, Reinhardt, Mathijsen (Kompany 46), Benjamin (Atouba 46); Demel (Addo 46), de Jong (Jarolin 46); Castelen (Saka 67), van der Vaart (Sam 46), Trochowski (Olic 46); Zidan (Choupo-Moting 46)
Juventus: Belardi; Birindelli, Boumsong, Legrottaglie, Criscito; Blasi, Nocerino, Zanetti (Almiron 77), Salhmizdic; Palladino (Iaquinta 87), Del Piero (Nedved 87)

CH 4

Doesnt sound that bad really...

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Yeah,not too bad at all..i mean Blasi,Nocerino and Zanetti in all at the same time,how could we score..?hehhehe,anyway,i think in the game against Sunderland will be our time for the win..

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
at least all the players in the squad except chiellini got enough playing time and had a real fitness test playing against a good opponent in the last 2 games...but blasi zanetti n nocerino again in midfield!!!!no wonder we didnt score...which one of them is going to run an offence or help
the games against italian opposition such as napoli,inter,roma n milan will show what our squad is capable off but for now im starting to have doubts in ranieri..
losing against sunderland will be an embarrasment...i hope we field our first eleven there

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't know why Blasi is even playing. Just that fact makes me think less of Ranieri. We need to sell him off immediately, one of the most useless players I have ever seen. He doesn't even fucking tackle well and that's his job.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't know why Blasi is even playing. Just that fact makes me think less of Ranieri. We need to sell him off immediately, one of the most useless players I have ever seen. He doesn't even fucking tackle well and that's his job.

well looking at that picture above hes too much of a p*ssy to make a tackle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)