A Friendly in Hamburg on the 1st August (8 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I don't see the two losses against Newcastle and HSV so dramatically:

1.It were 'just' meaningless friendlies where CR fielded different formations and tactics.
2.I rather want to see us losing now and try out the new players/formations than on-season.
3.See it positive:At least we didn't fvcked up like Roma against Dormund;).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Ok we lost another friendly, no big deal, i hope CR decided a few things in his mind and will soon come up with our major plan and maybe even last minutes transfers,
i hope we will soon see the new strong competitive Juventus, we still have plenty of time to build a team, Ranieri rested a few of our key players for our next friendly game...
if we dont put a showing against sunderland, then my hopes for the new season will be rather low im affraid

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Hamburg Hand Juventus Another Defeat It is simply not going to plan. At least not yet, as they slumped to a 0-1 defeat to Hamburger SV thanks to an 85th minute strike from Choupo-Moting.

Claudio Ranieri started with Del Piero and Palladino up front, but it was a scoreless and lacklustre first half as neither of the two sides showed much.

Things improved thereafter, with Rafael Van der Vaart coming close for Hamburg, and Del Piero, Boumsong and Cristico for Juventus.

Castelen and Zidan caused some problems for Juve, and Salihamidzic delivered some good crosses at the other end, but it still looked like it would end scoreless as the game moved into the final ten minutes.

That almost changed in the 81st minute, when Almiron struck the post immediately after coming on for Zanetti.

However, it was to be Hamburg's night, as substitute Choupo-Moting beat Belardi with five minutes left on the clock to heap a second consecutive defeat on the Old Lady.

Hamburg: Rost - Demel, Reinhardt, Mathijensen, Benjamin - Trochowsky, De Jong, Brecko - Van der Vart, Castelen; Zidan.

Substitutes: Hosl, Kompany, Olic, Jarolim, Choupo-Moting, Saka, Addo, Sam.

Juventus: Belardi - Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Boumsong, Criscito - Blasi, Nocerino, Zanetti (80’, Almiron), Salihamidzic - Del Piero (85’, Nedved), Palladino (82’, Iaquinta).

Substitutes: Vanstrattan, Zebina, Andrade, Grygera, Chiellini, Molinaro, Tiago, Marchionni, Trezeguet.

Full report to follow...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=369856

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I can't really see us beating Hamburg tbh, just because of the fitness and sharpness levels of the respective sides. Hamburg are already playing official matches (Intertoto) while we're just finding our feet and adjusting to a new manager. The performance is more important than the result at this stage anyways so I'm hoping for a good display and no injuries.
As I said earlier, I didn't expect us to win and I was right. The result isn't too big a deal, I'm more interested in how we played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)