4th place, possible or not (10 Viewers)

Do you think we can finish 4th?

• Yes, we will qualify to the CL

• No, we wont, EL again or even worse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It's even more sad that we as Juve fans have to celebrate the team achieving 4th spot. It's like the team along with the fans have resigned themselves to defeat & mediocrity.
unbelievable isn't it? From the most successful team in Italy and one of the best in the world, to a team competing for a CL spot with the likes of Palermo, Udinese and Lazio..

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
unbelievable isn't it? From the most successful team in Italy and one of the best in the world, to a team competing for a CL spot with the likes of Palermo, Udinese and Lazio..
Totally unbelievable. Change has to start from the top. If the BOD don't aim high, then the players don't need to perform beyond what's expected of them. Even if the team can't realistically compete for the scudetto, why are they setting the bench mark for CL qualification? If the team only focused on winning the scudetto, problems or not we wouldn't ever have to discuss whether the team would qualify for europe.

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
there have been far bigger gaps in Juve history between scudetto wins than this

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Totally unbelievable. Change has to start from the top. If the BOD don't aim high, then the players don't need to perform beyond what's expected of them. Even if the team can't realistically compete for the scudetto, why are they setting the bench mark for CL qualification? If the team only focused on winning the scudetto, problems or not we wouldn't ever have to discuss whether the team would qualify for europe.
You are definitely right, only losers set a CL spot as a target, look at Napoli, do they have any better squad than ours? and they are competing for scudetto. It's definitely the mentality.

there have been far bigger gaps in Juve history between scudetto wins than this
That's true, but these shouldn't happen anymore in these decades, it's not like we are competing against super powers (financial wise) like Chelsea, and both Manchester clubs in the same league. I would agree with what you have said, if the failure we are talking about happening in CL, but no, we have quality players, and not very superior opponents to compete, and yet we are standing from sixth to ninth places..

May 22, 2007
They are much better than anyone we currently have though. We have no one that can compare to these two in their respective positions in our current roster.
That doesn't make either of them worth 40m, which could actually be spent to get 2 very good fullbacks and make the team better than if we bought one of them.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
You are definitely right, only losers set a CL spot as a target, look at Napoli, do they have any better squad than ours? and they are competing for scudetto. It's definitely the mentality.
:tup:

That doesn't make either of them worth 40m, which could actually be spent to get 2 very good fullbacks and make the team better than if we bought one of them.
I wholeheartedly agree. If i could choose between getting two good fullbacks as to getting my favorite player Benzema, he'd have to take the back seat in this one. We need to set our priorities in order, we can't move forward if the defense isn't stable. What's the point of paying that sort of money for a player that could potentially score 2 goals per game when our defense will let in 4 goals per game?

May 22, 2007
I wholeheartedly agree. If i could choose between getting two good fullbacks as to getting my favorite player Benzema, he'd have to take the back seat in this one. We need to set our priorities in order, we can't move forward if the defense isn't stable. What's the point of paying that sort of money for a player that could potentially score 2 goals per game when our defense will let in 4 goals per game?
Exactly, the team is what is important. I don't want a repeat of last season when the board bought two big players (Felipe Melo and Diego) and then had nothing to spend on the team so we saw Grosso enter the Juventus set up. I think the current board has learned from the mistakes of Secco/Blanc, but they're paying the price of not having CL qualification.

I don't rate Pastore anywhere close to €40m either, I actually wouldn't go over €20-25m if Palermo were asking.

May 4, 2004
Lecce - Juventus
Juventus - Bologna
Juventus - Milan
Cesena - Juventus
Juventus - Brescia

Our next 5 games.. We must win atleast 4 of them! Doing that would be a huge step towards 4'th spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)