Ángel Di María (23 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Or older players can't perform on a consistent high level anymore. But nah. Allegri.

It's so god damn lazy. In fact, it would be great being a player at Jj under Allegri. Nothing is your fault.

Well, unless you are one of the players tuz doesn't like that is - then you are just shit.

Convenient.
Nowhere did I imply this, whereas your rebuttal seems to perhaps imply the opposite? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're taking issue with what I said. See below for more.
jj?

same happened with sarri, pirlo and now with allegri

inb4 i'm happy with allegri, fuck no. but a new coach won't miraculously turn this hopeless club into a winning machine once again. issues lie much deeper. we need an other 2011/12 somehow
Allegri has had continuity with these players though. Many around here, myself included, wanted him to get a second year to establish himself and build something but as 0 improvement has been exhibited in our play even with a full transfer window, I'd be comfortable thinking that his lack of form is more down to poor tactical setup and a lacking or at times seemingly non-existent plan going forward as opposed to his age. I don't understand why this is seen as a contentious opinion considering the last two years of matches we've watched.

And again, add the "legal" bullshit.

Damn right :stuckup:. The man is a professional and one of the best players of the past decade or so. Even now, 5th highest amount of goals scored and second highest assists even with some uncharacteristic injury struggles for half the year. Not bad at all.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
I'd be perfectly fine with him leaving/not renewing. He's a great player and all, but age has caught up with him and he cant play for 90 mins.
I'm good with him leaving as well.

Everything obviously hasnt worked out great, but I actually thought he was a smart signing. He was a Chiesa replacement for the first half of the season as he continued to rehab his way back, and even when Chiesa returned, between Di Maria's age and durability issues and the limit Chiesa would have on minutes, between them they could play 90-100 minutes per game and always have a creative player that can dribble on the pitch.

The logic was there.

Going into the 2023-24 season, we can expect to see Chiesa back in the starting XI regularly and getting back to normal.... So the need for Di Maria isnt there as much

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm good with him leaving as well.

Everything obviously hasnt worked out great, but I actually thought he was a smart signing. He was a Chiesa replacement for the first half of the season as he continued to rehab his way back, and even when Chiesa returned, between Di Maria's age and durability issues and the limit Chiesa would have on minutes, between them they could play 90-100 minutes per game and always have a creative player that can dribble on the pitch.

The logic was there.

Going into the 2023-24 season, we can expect to see Chiesa back in the starting XI regularly and getting back to normal.... So the need for Di Maria isnt there as much
yes, that was the problem this season. Too much creativity, too many players who could create something of nothing.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
He still delivers and we thin on wingers. Also if he stays, it would trigger the tax decree.

His no.1 red flag are his age and the subsequent inconsistency.

Leave or stay, I just don't mind. But one thing for sure, we need to bring in starting material wingers.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
yes, that was the problem this season. Too much creativity, too many players who could create something of nothing.
Which is why I said the logic was there, but obviously everything didnt exactly turn out well.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave or stay, I just don't mind. But one thing for sure, we need to bring in starting material wingers.
This team needs A LOT of things. But let's be honest with ourselves and realistic.

We'll probably see Kostic starting on the left with Iling-Junior having an increased role, with Chiesa starting on the right with Soule probably having an increased role.

I'm not expecting any reinforcements coming in that can help out wide.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Replying to some random Badass on social media :touched:

Too much time on your hands when you are a professional full-time housewife.

Max' tactics have been shit, but so was your aging husband for most of his stint here.

Both of you can fuck off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)