(¯`·.¸(¯`·.¸ Barcelona '03 ¸.·´¯)¸.·´¯) (1 Viewer)

OP
gigi's twin

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    Congrats for everyone who won a medal so far! :thumb.

Unfortunately there wan't a Hungarian medal yet! Our best place was the 7th in Men diving 1m, Imre Lengyel. i waited more frome him, because in the past years he was in better form!:groan:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    I love to watch the Synchronswimming! It looks soo beautiful and easy when they are performing it, like they would float in the water ... although when you try to pull something like that in the pool yourself you really see how difficult it is! :)

I'm gonna try and follow the swimming as much as I can. I'm curious how the Aussies vs Americans will turn out :D Go Australia!!!!

OP
    gigi's twin

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Hey, yesterday a Romanian guy won the bronze medal in 400m freestyle event! Congrats for him!:thumb:

And in the women 400m freestyle event a Hungarian won the siver medal!:cheesy:

OP
    gigi's twin

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    I love to watch the Synchronswimming! It looks soo beautiful and easy when they are performing it, like they would float in the water ... although when you try to pull something like that in the pool yourself you really see how difficult it is! :)

I'm gonna try and follow the swimming as much as I can. I'm curious how the Aussies vs Americans will turn out :D Go Australia!!!!
    If I'm not mistaken yesterday the American team won in the 4x100 women relay in front of the Aussies!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Swimming is such a crappy sport, but Sweden is really great at it. I can't see any entertainment in it. It is even worse than running. You don't see the swimmers al you see is two arms, two legs and a little hat. Perhaps it can be exciting from time to time but usually it is just a sleeping pill.
    But I am glad that someone enjoys it.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gigi's twin ] ++
    Hey, yesterday a Romanian guy won the bronze medal in 400m freestyle event! Congrats for him!:thumb:

And in the women 400m freestyle event a Hungarian won the siver medal!:cheesy:
    oh did he :confused:
    i didn't knew
    anyway i'm happy that we are still able to get some medals
    do you happend to know his name :D ?

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Speaking about swimming. You girls can be really proud today. For the first time it has been proved that women can be better than men.
    A brittish girl set a new freediving record which was way sick. She dove 122 meter. The previous women record was at 95 m and the mens record was 120 m.

OP
    gigi's twin

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    oh, did she ??? :rolleyes:
    how come ? i was sure that she took a medal ... anyway she seemed good. i guess you have great swimers around :D
    In the past we had better ones, but I hope the new generation will be also good!:thumb:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    It's Van den Hoogenband - Thorpe today! :cool: This should be good. Thorpe swam a great time in the first leg of the semi-final yesterday but VDH managed to cut that time short in the second leg :eek: Tensions here!!

-----------------------------------------------

VDH quicker than Thorpedo

Olympic champion Pieter van den Hoogenband twice outpaced defending world champion Ian Thorpe on Monday to add spice to their clash in Tuesday's 200 metres freestyle final at the world swimming championships. And with Eurosport's extensive LIVE coverage from Barcelona - you can listen to LIVE audio commentary ALL DAY - as well as follow it LIVE on eurosport.com - your LIVE sports website!

The Dutchman, who caused a major upset by beating the Australian at the 2000 Olympics, led the way through both the morning's heats and the evening's semi-finals, with Thorpe second-fastest overall each time, although the two did not race head to head.

Van den Hoogenband clocked one minute 47.21 seconds in the heats and 1:46.32 in the semi-finals, swimming inside Thorpe's world record split for the first 100 metres.

Thorpe, swimming well within himself after winning the 400 freestyle world title on Sunday for a record third successive time, swam 1:47.99 in the heats and 1:47.20 in the semi-finals, winning each race.

Fellow Australian Grant Hackett, silver medallist behind Thorpe in Sunday's 400 final, was third-fastest overall in the semi-finals, clocking 1:47.72 to finish second to Van den Hoogenband.

Thorpe, who became the most prolific world champion of all time when he took his aggregate gold tally to nine on Sunday, holds the 200 freestyle world title, having avenged his Olympic defeat by consigning the Dutchman to silver at the 2001 championships in Fukuoka, Japan.

Taken from www.eurosport.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)