Pavel Nedved (22 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Nedved denies quit threat

Pavel Nedved has moved to deny reports which quoted the Juventus star as stating he was ready to retire after receiving a five-match ban.

The row erupted after Nedved was dismissed in the Serie B draw with Genoa, with referee Stefano Farina reporting that the Czech star stamped on his foot following the award of the red card.

Reports in the Italian press subsequently suggested that Nedved was so infuriated by the punishment that he was ready to retire in protest, with Gazzetta dello Sport carrying quotes from the player via his agent Mino Raiola.

"Zinedine Zidane was given a three-match ban for the head attack, what did I do that I was given a five-match ban?" read the comments, attributed to Nedved via Raiola.

"If they are going to keep things this way, it can easily happen that I will hang up my boots."

However Nedved has now assured the Bianconeri that he has no intention of calling time on his illustrious career as a result of the controversy, clarifying his position via a statement through another agent, Tomas Klecka.

"If there is some speculation and that kind of quotations, it is just speculation that has been made by the media and other people," Nedved said via a statement made by Klecka to Sport.

"I have not threatened to end my career."

Sky Sports

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)