Zlatan to Juve? (4 Viewers)

Mar 14, 2004
I dont care. If Juve doesnt invent new "zidane", Treze`s era is over. Thats the fact like it or not. What do points of a small teams worth? NOTHING!!!!! And he scores 2-3 goals to Empoli,Siena,Ancona.......and When its comes to a big game like Milan in CL finals,or any other derby game....he can do NOTHING...i repeat NOTHING!!!!!
They close down Nedved and Zambrotta and chances that Trez will score arte equal to Iraq chances to win the war against USA!
And Real with swiss-cheese defence isnt a team that we gonna meet forever in CL. I dont care about his hat-trick against Empoli or Modena.....I want him to do it to Milan & Roma & Lazio & Inter.....cuz there falls the decision between Champions & loosers! I will be glad to see tomorrows game with Inter....lets all watch specially Trez and see what will he do.....I bet on: NOTHING!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
I dont care. If Juve doesnt invent new "zidane", Treze`s era is over. Thats the fact like it or not. What do points of a small teams worth? NOTHING!!!!! And he scores 2-3 goals to Empoli,Siena,Ancona.......and When its comes to a big game like Milan in CL finals,or any other derby game....he can do NOTHING...i repeat NOTHING!!!!!
They close down Nedved and Zambrotta and chances that Trez will score arte equal to Iraq chances to win the war against USA!
And Real with swiss-cheese defence isnt a team that we gonna meet forever in CL. I dont care about his hat-trick against Empoli or Modena.....I want him to do it to Milan & Roma & Lazio & Inter.....cuz there falls the decision between Champions & loosers! I will be glad to see tomorrows game with Inter....lets all watch specially Trez and see what will he do.....I bet on: NOTHING!
The only problem with your rant is that none of our players come up big against big competition, with the possible exception of Nedved. Most of our players suck in big games against big teams. Del Piero is a classic example, but Zambrotta, Thuram, Buffon, and Tacchinardi are all equally guilty.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

The only problem with your rant is that none of our players come up big against big competition, with the possible exception of Nedved. Most of our players suck in big games against big teams. Del Piero is a classic example, but Zambrotta, Thuram, Buffon, and Tacchinardi are all equally guilty.
Thats what im talking about....neither Real or Arsenal midfield have their day.....but then the ball comes to Ronaldo/Henry and a little flair of their WC strikers comes to solve the problem....that is what makes the difference between them & us

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Arsenal sucks, they are a shite ass team. I love hearing dumbasses say "Arsenal are great, they are the best team in the world." If Henry would be gone for the rest of the season, they would fall out fo the C.L. and not keep getting points to obtain the title. These one man teams suck and I don't know why everyone likes them.

About Zlatan, he is a great player that if given a more forward role than he has now at Ajax, I assure you that he will score alot more. He has great touch, so I do not know why everyone thinks he won't score for Juve. Sorry, but it does not take much skill to tap in from close range, which is how Trez scores more than half of his goals. Zlatan could give so much more than Trez to the attack, you cannot argue with that, so don't even think about it.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

i prefer a striker who can score the most goals however they do it... ;)

Trezeguet have proven that he can score lots of goals even if he cant create them themselves... beside the way i see it there is no prima punta in Serie A have the luxury to create their own goals.... alll depends on their midfield to win the ball.... alll need the midfield to bring the ball to the opponent area... all depend to their midfield to pass the ball to them.... strikers droping down to take the ball will themselve will slow down the attack as he will now face the whole defence who have no one to mark and noone upfront to pass the ball .. the best he could do is pass the ball square to a midfield who then have to wait for the striker to run upfront who by then have already been marked....

there is no statistic that back that strikers who can create goal by himself score more goals... in recent season i only see primas punta as top scorer in serie A .. the likes of inzaghi, trezeguet, vieri and crespo.... people who think ' where is the goal ?' when the ball is aproaching them.. not the one who think ' is there a chance i can dribble this defence and look cool or maybe its better to pass the ball to my support striker ... where is he anyway? ..aaahh... heck i will just wack this ball '!! '

IMO there should be a balance... we have seconda punta who can dribble ... a playmaker... at least one attacking midfielder.... the wingers.... so at least have one person who's main priority is to score goals... to benefit from all the dribbling.. to be there when they pass the ball on the plate...

if they can score lots of goal without great passses from midfield, good.. but if they can score more goals only with the support from midfield, in case of David trezeguet, more the better..
Couldn't agree more. That's precisely the way most of the teams in Serie A work, a consequence of the defensive system you mentioned. This Juve thrives on open spaces but it relies on the opposition to give them since it can't create any. That's also why a striker like Trez takes 1st-time, plays 1-touch but for the fact that there is NO support. There's no sense with the only striker neglecting his primary duties just to satisfy aesthetic demands; he's gonna get flayed in any case since his name is Trez. The over specialization in certain roles though is killing us. Still, his bashers might just get their wish and we wish Zlatan all the luck in the world in sustaining his style against the meanest and dirtiest defences in Europe.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I couldn't agree with you less. Trez is great and all, you know; he can score some easy tap-in goals. But why not have someone who can score those tap-in goals, after dribbling past the center back and the keeper! Trez has very limited mobility that makes him redundant out side of the box. Zlatan can score those tap in goals, as we all know, but also come and help outside of the box. As a good soccer fanatic knows, this is a very helpful skill! (i.e Sheva and Tomasson for Milan causing havoc all over the pitch)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Arsenal sucks, they are a shite ass team. I love hearing dumbasses say "Arsenal are great, they are the best team in the world." If Henry would be gone for the rest of the season, they would fall out fo the C.L. and not keep getting points to obtain the title. These one man teams suck and I don't know why everyone likes them.

About Zlatan, he is a great player that if given a more forward role than he has now at Ajax, I assure you that he will score alot more. He has great touch, so I do not know why everyone thinks he won't score for Juve. Sorry, but it does not take much skill to tap in from close range, which is how Trez scores more than half of his goals. Zlatan could give so much more than Trez to the attack, you cannot argue with that, so don't even think about it.
Arsenal is where they are on merit. After 40+ games, their position tells the truth, not lies. Perhaps your distaste for that one man made you oblivious to the others. You don't hafta like them but you can't deny them the credit they deserve. Ditto Milan.

If there's any league for a striker you can't be too sure of, its the Serie A. With all due respect, some of us prefer an assurance backed up by solid, proven evidence. I wish you'd stop belittling the instinct, ability to finish as mere tap-ins. An individual plays to his strength, does what he does best (nothing wrong, is there?) and that has served Juve very well in the manner that is expected - goals. Moreover, ask anybody who plays the game at any level and they'll tell it that's something that isn't as simple as it looks. The most important players aren't always necessarily the ones who stand out to you, are they?

Again, you don't hafta like it but you can't deny it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why actually I know about this topic, as I have played soccer for 14 years. This past year my coach for the high school varsity soccer team switched me from my beloved position as playmaker, to the dreadful position of sweeper. I have never really played back there, so I had to learn quickley. My coach said he put me back there cuz I know the game very well, more than anybody on the team. In the end it payed off though, as I played great and we won the Maryland State Championships. But for some reason I didn't win any recognition, having to watch two other players recieve honors from my team. I felt like Helguerra from Real, watching Zidane and Raul getting all the rewards. I was overlooked, but my coach said that I was the key element for our defensive success that won us the cup.

So you got that right about important players not standing out. One of my teamates who won a 1st team award was a striker, who in all honesty was horrible. He has very little skill and was a laughable, idiotic example of a "good player". This kid is horrible, but the reason he won all this recognition was because he is fast and scored alot of tap in goals. And I emphasize the fact of all tap in goals. It was mere luck more than anything else. But the worst aspect of his game was playing away from goal; he easily gave the ball away and looked like retard playing with the ball. I'm sorry, but this is too much like Trez.

This is why I do not consider my friend and Trez to be great strikers; they lack the power to change the game by themselves, so they have to rely on teamates to do all the work for them. A true class striker would be, unfortunatly, Shevchenko.

By the way, as I said I play the game, and if you know the true skill of my teamate, you WILL believe that tapping a ball into a goal is, most definetly, a simple task.

I mean simply that what would you rather have, a striker who can score many goals, or a striker who can score many goals while also help to create chances. Please do not insult my 14 years of soccer intellegence.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Why actually I know about this topic, as I have played soccer for 14 years. This past year my coach for the high school varsity soccer team switched me from my beloved position as playmaker, to the dreadful position of sweeper. I have never really played back there, so I had to learn quickley. My coach said he put me back there cuz I know the game very well, more than anybody on the team. In the end it payed off though, as I played great and we won the Maryland State Championships. But for some reason I didn't win any recognition, having to watch two other players recieve honors from my team. I felt like Helguerra from Real, watching Zidane and Raul getting all the rewards. I was overlooked, but my coach said that I was the key element for our defensive success that won us the cup.

So you got that right about important players not standing out. One of my teamates who won a 1st team award was a striker, who in all honesty was horrible. He has very little skill and was a laughable, idiotic example of a "good player". This kid is horrible, but the reason he won all this recognition was because he is fast and scored alot of tap in goals. And I emphasize the fact of all tap in goals. It was mere luck more than anything else. But the worst aspect of his game was playing away from goal; he easily gave the ball away and looked like retard playing with the ball. I'm sorry, but this is too much like Trez.

This is why I do not consider my friend and Trez to be great strikers; they lack the power to change the game by themselves, so they have to rely on teamates to do all the work for them. A true class striker would be, unfortunatly, Shevchenko.

By the way, as I said I play the game, and if you know the true skill of my teamate, you WILL believe that tapping a ball into a goal is, most definetly, a simple task.

I mean simply that what would you rather have, a striker who can score many goals, or a striker who can score many goals while also help to create chances. Please do not insult my 14 years of soccer intellegence.

one can be most effective when he is in a condition where he can utilize his good areas and minimize the effect of his weak areas...

winning a award for someone who, through your description, is not totally gifted is kinda marvelous dont you think ;).. good for him..

p/s- you two dont really share the same room on away games dont you :p

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Team_Player 32 ] ++
Zlatan is only 22 years old.He`s gonna be on of the best players in a couple of years and I think that if Juve has a chance of getting him they should get him
Gilardino is 22 and he is already one of the best strikers in serie A .... goals against Milan, Roma and another 12 goals are the prove

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
It will depend on price, you know...Moggi has not much money to spent...
In this case he will go to parma to get their man ..... at least he wont have to by a ticket to Amesterdam :D

Jul 28, 2002
brechi, aresnal are a great team, u ever watched them properly?? u seen the level passing and awareness, i say again they are a great TEAM , they play as a team, henry is mearly the catalyst. If u watch them u can clearly see they have such good team work and ability on the ball, there is no way a football fan can say arsenal suck.

Aug 1, 2003
I'd take Zlatan over Gilardino.

1. Gilardino is most probably going to Milan.
2. Zlatan has more versatility
3. Zlatan is more experienced being in the limelight

Of course, Trezeguet stays :p

Jul 28, 2002
gila is a juve fan, he stated he would love to play for juve, his boyhood team. Why would milan want him??

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
3. Zlatan is more experienced being in the limelight
I dunno, Zlatan may have more experience in the limelight, but his personality is a bit sour from what I've heard, and Gilardino actually has Serie A experience. Either one would be great though :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)