Zlatan to Juve? (14 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
In fact Zlatan never scored more goals than 15 (in eredivise), so why you think he should score 20+ in Italy???
Because he plays further back in the Eredivisie, where Sonck, Anastasiou or Mitea get the goals.

And that, my friend, gives that he could also replace Del Piero or, possibly, Nedved in case either of these two get injured.

When he plays in striking position, THAT's when he gets his goals.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
with nedved, maresca, camoranesi, zomba, del piero on the pitch alongside him?
Juve will compete in Serie-a, not in eredivise next year, so paralel to better mates, much better opponents he faces too. btw VDV, Sneijder, Bommel, Trabelsi... etc, sure they are crap

Because he plays further back in the Eredivisie, where Sonck, Anastasiou or Mitea get the goals.

And that, my friend, gives that he could also replace Del Piero or, possibly, Nedved in case either of these two get injured.

When he plays in striking position, THAT's when he gets his goals.
So my friend, you think he is equaly great as a finisher and a supporting striker who can replace Trez, DP, or even Neddy. I dunno how you came to this conclusion since he only playz finishing striker in the national team, and only since Henke left. Btw he never played free role, or fantasista.

I only could see him as a replacement for DP, but he (imo) isnt good enough for that.

if I only think about that the good young DP scored a bit more, than Zlatan does nowaday (in eredivise)

IMO It seems to me that Zlatan is getting better, and better (but only in supporters imagination) This progress will lasts until we sign him, and he turns out to be a qiute useless player, who not only cant score as much he should, but wastes far too many balls thinking dribbling against 3 defs is the same where ever you play.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
i really do not wanna see this player as the replacement for Trezeguet, Zlatan in my opinion is NOT top goal scorer material.

he is no way good enough to replace Trez

Square

Oct 6, 2002
name me ONE goal zlatan couldnt have scored which trezeguet did in 2002.

trezeguet scored 24 in 34 matches. not ONE did he create himself.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I would say the flick-on Trez scored against Udinese, but after Zlatan's amazing bicycle kick, I wouldn't put anything beyond Ibra :eek:

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
whats your point, he scores thats the mean thing.

now tell me how many goals Zlatan has scored and tell me how many Trezeguet........big difference!!!

i prefer a forward that doesnt create chances but scores loads of goals compared to a forward that creates chances but doesnt score many goals.....what are you paying your attackers for???.......goals goals goals

leave the creative work to the midfield

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
well maybe we should be looking to replace the midfield not not blame the forwards. anyway its not like we havent scored this year.....the prob is at the other end of the field, the defence!!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++

trezeguet scored 24 in 34 matches. not ONE did he create himself.
err.... i dun see the problem in that.. not as if goals created by themself counts double:rolleyes: ... ineither they will be used as a tie breaker in case clubs are equal on points at the end of the season... not in Seria A at least :p

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
Juve will compete in Serie-a, not in eredivise next year, so paralel to better mates, much better opponents he faces too. btw VDV, Sneijder, Bommel, Trabelsi... etc, sure they are crap
These players you call crap? I think you just lost all credibility and I'd like to hear some other members react to that.

So my friend, you think he is equaly great as a finisher and a supporting striker who can replace Trez, DP, or even Neddy. I dunno how you came to this conclusion since he only playz finishing striker in the national team, and only since Henke left. Btw he never played free role, or fantasista.

I only could see him as a replacement for DP, but he (imo) isnt good enough for that.

if I only think about that the good young DP scored a bit more, than Zlatan does nowaday (in eredivise)

IMO It seems to me that Zlatan is getting better, and better (but only in supporters imagination) This progress will lasts until we sign him, and he turns out to be a qiute useless player, who not only cant score as much he should, but wastes far too many balls thinking dribbling against 3 defs is the same where ever you play.
Well what can I say. I've only seldomly met someone so stubborn (not necessarily a bad thing, don't get me wrong). I disagree with nearly all you say and you seem unlikely to change your opinion any time soon so I'll leave it at that.

Ciao!

Square

Oct 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++err.... i dun see the problem in that.. not as if goals created by themself counts double:rolleyes: ... ineither they will be used as a tie breaker in case clubs are equal on points at the end of the season... not in Seria A at least :p
no. you see zlatan couldve scored all of those trezeguet scored; they were given on a plate to him. yet zlatan couldve scored more as well as he can create for himself. is it that hard to understand!?

would you prefer a striker who can create chances by himself and rely on the midfield, or just a striker who relies on the midfield?!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Square ] ++

no. you see zlatan couldve scored all of those trezeguet scored; they were given on a plate to him. yet zlatan couldve scored more as well as he can create for himself. is it that hard to understand!?

would you prefer a striker who can create chances by himself and rely on the midfield, or just a striker who relies on the midfield?!

i prefer a striker who can score the most goals however they do it... ;)

Trezeguet have proven that he can score lots of goals even if he cant create them themselves... beside the way i see it there is no prima punta in Serie A have the luxury to create their own goals.... alll depends on their midfield to win the ball.... alll need the midfield to bring the ball to the opponent area... all depend to their midfield to pass the ball to them.... strikers droping down to take the ball will themselve will slow down the attack as he will now face the whole defence who have no one to mark and noone upfront to pass the ball .. the best he could do is pass the ball square to a midfield who then have to wait for the striker to run upfront who by then have already been marked....

there is no statistic that back that strikers who can create goal by himself score more goals... in recent season i only see primas punta as top scorer in serie A .. the likes of inzaghi, trezeguet, vieri and crespo.... people who think ' where is the goal ?' when the ball is aproaching them.. not the one who think ' is there a chance i can dribble this defence and look cool or maybe its better to pass the ball to my support striker ... where is he anyway? ..aaahh... heck i will just wack this ball '!! '

IMO there should be a balance... we have seconda punta who can dribble ... a playmaker... at least one attacking midfielder.... the wingers.... so at least have one person who's main priority is to score goals... to benefit from all the dribbling.. to be there when they pass the ball on the plate...

if they can score lots of goal without great passses from midfield, good.. but if they can score more goals only with the support from midfield, in case of David trezeguet, more the better..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve100% ] ++
whats your point, he scores thats the mean thing.

now tell me how many goals Zlatan has scored and tell me how many Trezeguet........big difference!!!

i prefer a forward that doesnt create chances but scores loads of goals compared to a forward that creates chances but doesnt score many goals.....what are you paying your attackers for???.......goals goals goals

leave the creative work to the midfield
What you aren't realising is that strikers that create make up for not scoring as many goals as strikers that don't create by setting up their teammates. In a season Trezeguet might score 20 goals, but Del Piero and Nedved might only score 10 or less because Trez doesn't create, but Zlatan might score 15 goals, five less than Trez, but in doing so, he may knotch up five assists for Del Piero and you've got the same amount of goals. It doesn't really matter where the goals come from, but with players like Zlatan, Henry, Raul and Del Piero in your team, goals will come from many a place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)