Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
lol @ your absolute lack of knowledge. Brazilian teams back then were as strong as any team in the world. He played against some of the best, not amateurs.
back in the 60ties 70ties there were alot of amateurs. actually, many were working a part time job, wich essentially makes em amateurs.

quality of football much improved, and i tend to agree with deneb that from cruyff on, it became really good.

I rate cruyff higher then pele. and i dont like dutch players generally

- - - Updated - - -

cruyff-muller, with platini as am behind them. best front3 ever

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Juventino[RUS];4143509 said:
main part.
well as i said i don't think there can be an argument for the best player of all time especially since most of us here never got to watch the likes of Pele etc... but certainly Zidane was at the very least one of the greatest i've seen. Then again anyone who actually thinks anyone is the best in the world or of all time is bound to be deemed as 'overrated' or a 'choker' at some stage in their career. Messi is probably the most recent example of that, despite how great he or ronaldo are i wouldn't dare say they are the greatest of all time, same with Zidane etc... i just don't believe that title should even exist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How I wish I witnessed Zizou and baggio play for Juve. I only saw zizou with Madrid and I watched the 1998 world cup as a kid. My first Juve match was 2003 semi final against zizou's madrid.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
back in the 60ties 70ties there were alot of amateurs. actually, many were working a part time job, wich essentially makes em amateurs.
You're probably thinking 40's and 50's here. In the 60's and 70's, Palmeiras, São Paulo, Atl Mineiro, Flamengo, etc... They were all professional teams with professional players , and good ones at that. Those were Pelé's adversaries, again, professionals, no part time job amateurs. Teams that could stand up to Real Madrid, Juventus or anybody else.

Romario ahead of Ronaldo?
IMO and surely the majority of Brazil thinks Romário was the best player overall. I'm yet to see a player who could be as lethal as he was inside the box, he was absolutely phenomenal. You can see the shining in Baggio's eyes when he talks about him. He gave us a World Cup after 24 years of Hollandin' (Definition; great squads, nothing but disappointment in the end). So in a way, Romário was extra special for us Brazilians. :touched:

Now Ronaldo's more known to Europeans because well, he spent all his career there. I first saw him live when he was 17 playing for Cruzeiro, he had everything to become the best Brazilian player to have ever lived. By 20 he had scored twice more than Messi did at that age and was Barcelona's big sensation. If it wasn't for his injuries....

It's funny cause he isn't even rated that high by most Brazilians.

Mar 9, 2006
well as i said i don't think there can be an argument for the best player of all time especially since most of us here never got to watch the likes of Pele etc... but certainly Zidane was at the very least one of the greatest i've seen. Then again anyone who actually thinks anyone is the best in the world or of all time is bound to be deemed as 'overrated' or a 'choker' at some stage in their career. Messi is probably the most recent example of that, despite how great he or ronaldo are i wouldn't dare say they are the greatest of all time, same with Zidane etc... i just don't believe that title should even exist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)