Zidane Announces Retiement (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I saw on CNN and Canal Plus last night that Zidane is set to retire from football after World Cup
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Fvck Real for allowing him to retire in such an unglorious fashion! I hope he goes out with a bang at World Cup. A sad day in the football world

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    close 2nd to Diego IMO, and no-one start a Pele debate please, he is'nt worth top 5.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Stripper said:
    close 2nd to Diego IMO, and no-one start a Pele debate please, he is'nt worth top 5.
    Maradona was fantastic but I rate Zidane a little bit higher, because of what he's done in finals as well as his unrivalled level of skill in his time.

Pele? = IDIOT

Fucking hate that guy

Tino

Il Tedesco
    Feb 1, 2005
    Salut Zinedine!

mon copain!

a great player leaves the big football-stage, lets what he will do after his great carreer? maybe as a coach! maybe at our club in 10 years.....:)

Forza Zizou!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Would be cool if for his retirement Juve and Real legends play a match at the Stade de France, and Zizou plays 1st half with Juve's # 21, then 2nd half with Real's # 5 :)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Lippi bids Zidane farewell
    Wednesday 26 April, 2006
    Italy boss Marcello Lippi has hailed the career of Zinedine Zidane after the ace revealed that he will be quitting football at the end of this season.

The Frenchman has confirmed whispers that he will be hanging up his boots after the World Cup even if his Real Madrid contract doesn’t expire until 2007.

“I’m quitting football after the World Cup,” the player told Canal Plus. “It is a decision that I have made after thinking long and hard about it.”

Now Lippi, who bossed the midfielder during his time as Juventus boss, has underlined just what football will be missing when Zizou does retire.

“I think he is the greatest football talent of the last 20 years,” the Azzurri boss stated. “He’s always been at the disposal of his team, never being a Prima Donna.

“I remember him as a humble man when he arrived with the full backing of his great predecessor in the shape of Michel Platini.

“I told him on many occasions at the beginning of our relationship to stay tranquil and just play football in the way he knew how.

“At the end of the day he showed everyone his qualities. I’m honoured to have been able to have coached him.”

Zidane joined Juventus for just £3.5m from Bordeaux before going on to win numerous honours at club and international level.

The midfielder eventually left the Stadio Delle Alpi in the summer of 2001 after the Old Lady accepted a £48m offer from the Spanish giants.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    right lets get this straight, pele is an idiot, a fool and a dumbass,but he was teh greatest goal scorer in history. maradona is the greatest player in history for sure. while zidane is the greatest of a generation and i will be sad to see him hang up his boots i feel that platini was better and zico was close to him.

thanks for teh memories zizou, pity you had to end your career at a club who could not reflect your grandeur

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Elvin said:
    Would be cool if for his retirement Juve and Real legends play a match at the Stade de France, and Zizou plays 1st half with Juve's # 21, then 2nd half with Real's # 5 :)
    I still prefer him to wear the # 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)