Your Italy (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If you yourself, yes you, had the great priveledge of coaching a prestigious national football team like Italy, what would you do? Who would be your captain? What would be your ideal formation? Which players would make up your squad, and who would start?

Discuss this here. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Here's mine :)

Coach: Stuart Weekes
    Squad; Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon, Francesco Toldo, Carlo Cudicini
    Defenders: Fabio Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta, Nicola Legrottaglie, Daniel Bonera, Christian Panucci, Mark Iuliano, Matteo Ferrari
    Midfielders: Mauro Camoranesi, Stefano Fiore, Alessio Tacchinardi, Gennaro Gattuso, Massimo Ambrosini, Andrea Pirlo, Marco Delvecchio, Antonio Di Natale, Gianluca Zambrotta
    Forwards: Francesco Totti, Alessandro Del Piero, Fabrizio Miccoli, Christian Vieri, Filippo Inzaghi
    Captain: Fabio Cannavaro
    Starting XI:
    ---------------------------- Buffon ---------------------------------
    --------- Legrottaglie ------- Nesta ----- Cannavaro -----------------
    ------------------ Tacchinardi ------ Ambrosini ----------------------
    ---- Camoranesi ------------------------------------ Delvecchio -------
    ----------------------------- Totti -------------------------------------
    ----------------------- Vieri ------- Del Piero --------------------------

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    thanks stuart, I wanted a thread like this, will post mine tomorrow

like the 3-4-1-2, I would play that too, it suits our strengths and allows the front three you have shown. Back three and keeper I agree with too, in fact your team is like mine, though I would have Fiore in there

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    thanks stuart, I wanted a thread like this, will post mine tomorrow

like the 3-4-1-2, I would play that too, it suits our strengths and allows the front three you have shown. Back three and keeper I agree with too, in fact your team is like mine, though I would have Fiore in there
    I was dying to have a thread like this so that I could hear everyone's opinion concerning this matter, so no prob in making it.

And yes, I too would like to see Fiore in the starting lineup. He's had an awesome season, and I think he would make a big impact with the squadra, but I think Camo is the better man for the job in a 3-4-1-2.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ------------------- Buffon

---- Legrotteglie --- Nesta (C) --- Cannavaro

Camoranesi --- Maresca --- Fiore --- Zambrotta

--------------------- Pirlo

----------Miccoli
    ----------------------------Vieri

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

----------Miccoli
    Nice team, but I absolutely hate it! :yuck:;)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Nice team, but I absolutely hate it! :yuck:;)
    Really and truly it's a pretty nice team, but I just don't think that Pirlo and Miccoli are ready to command first team places, and I have my doubts on whether or not Fiore can still play in the middle.

mate

Aug 28, 2002

----------Miccoli
    Excluding few players this one can be good 4 next WC cause they are all young. But I don't think that Pirlo can never overtake Totti.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I have my doubts on whether or not Fiore can still play in the middle.
    To play in the middle is Fiore favourite role (he declared it also recently), he has to play in the side often but he is better in the middle IMO.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I think the time has come to look to the future and I really see Miccoli as a big part of the future. And Pirlo should be too, and he doesn't have Totti's attitude problems ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    I think the time has come to look to the future and I really see Miccoli as a big part of the future. And Pirlo should be too, and he doesn't have Totti's attitude problems ;)
    I'm agree with you. A revolution is nedeed. But we are too mutch in truble with the quilify so it won't happen now 4 sure.

I hate Tottina attitude too!!! Do you know that during the WC no players (including cap Maldini) could take anybody in the "casa azzurri" while he was allow to take in who he wanted too and he was always with his girlfriend and parents? The other players must had be mad! And he is also sospected to be the one who pusched to exclude Roby Baggio cause he want all the attention and he was scared that with him no fans and press will consider him anymore! Maybe he is Trap unofficial son :D cause looks like he has too mutch preference with him...

Anycase I think the NT need him... Pirlo is a step down than him, he may find a role beetwin the defence and the mielfield but I don't think he can overtake Tottina... Maybe Miccoli can, cause he is also younger but we need to wait and to see if he will be able to develope his talent also under the pressure he will have in Juventus.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Exactly, I couldn't decide on that one so I just picked Vieri... :undecide:

Maccarone? Di Natale? Cassano?
    Mmmm Cassano and Di Natale are totaly different from him.
    Maccarone... to be onest he never impressed me, but I'm not following him so mutch so may be that he improuved.
    As I first striker I hope in Sculli or Borriello from the U21. Is way to soon to change Vieri, but thinking about next WC he will be probably out so...

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Exactly, I couldn't decide on that one so I just picked Vieri... :undecide:

Maccarone? Di Natale? Cassano?
    I don't really see any of these players as the Vieri-type ... Right now Vieri's replacement is looking to me like Corradi, but I'm not sure if he cuts it ... How about Bonazzoli? :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)