i never heard about a world cup held in europe and won by a noneuropean team

anyway i think it will be germany-brazil and germany to win it

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Layce Erayce ] ++

Thats ****in beautiful. I'd love Mehico to win :D
I'd actually like to see that too. They're capable... just that they never seem to get it together in a WC. Language isn't the only thing they seem to have in common with Spain I'm afraid.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Right now I would have to say Brazil, Argentina, and England are the favorites for reaching the Final. Even though I have my doubts for England, they have the squad to compete at the highest level. Depending on who they are drawn with after the group stage, anything is possible. England just better hope they don't face the two other aforementioned nations, especially Brazil.

As for the others...the hosts Germany can never be counted out, Italy has a chance if Lippi gets his act together, and it will be interesting to see how Les Blues will perform with the "old recruits" coming back into the scene.

As for a Final, I'll say US vs. Mexcio. ;) How sick would that be? :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
We're not with high expectations....we shell concure bronze again :)
Without Suker? I don't think so :p

I really liked the Croatia team of WC98, with the likes of Prosinecki, Suker, Jarni etc

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Without Suker? I don't think so :p

I really liked the Croatia team of WC98, with the likes of Prosinecki, Suker, Jarni etc
well,that time,we had tehnically the most superior team in the world(yes,even better than Brazil and france) but we lacked strenght in middle and some luck.

nowdays,we have phisically strong team that lacks a bit of crativity when Kranjcar is out of form....with one Prosinecki/Asanovic/Boban I would put us on 3. place anyday....

and about Suker...nothing special....he just found himself in right team. Prosinecki was the GOD :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I heard a weird story from some mexican friends explaining why the US beat Mexico on the last WC

There is this one river (Rio Grande I think its the name) where both the USA and Mexico take water, and supposedly mexicans took more water than they were supposed to, so to pay the americans they let them win that match.

Probably b/s but its funny how people invent weird stories like that to have an excuse for defeat. And especially if it was against the USA :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I heard a weird story from some mexican friends explaining why the US beat Mexico on the last WC

There is this one river (Rio Grande I think its the name) where both the USA and Mexico take water, and supposedly mexicans took more water than they were supposed to, so to pay the americans they let them win that match.

Probably b/s but its funny how people invent weird stories like that to have an excuse for defeat. And especially if it was against the USA :D
That could be one of the dumbest excuses I have ever heard for a loss.

Mexico, you suck, will always suck, so bow down to the United States: best team in CONCACAF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)