Your Germany2006 Final! (12 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
hummm... it would have to be Argentina - Germany...

Altough I would love to see the Sweden or the Czech Republic against Argentina in the final...

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Would love to see Sweden there, except that it would make them all cocky and arrogant, and I don't want to live next to someone like that. ;)

Argentina-Spain would be good IMO.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I am surprised not many people think Brazil will be there... reminds me the atmosphere before the Korea/Japan WC.

As much as I don't like them- I have to admit- chances for them to make it to the finals are very high IMO.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You can never count out Brazil in a WC, of course. But they are showing a little extra drag in their steps these days at the international level. They look vulnerable -- which isn't unlike all the other contenders. But for them, that sounds like a good chance for defeat in the elimination rounds.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have to disagree with you swag, Brazil is a team that knows how to fight for this trophy and they are damn good at it unfortunately.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Brazil limped and crawled into the Confed Cup final, and then suddenly turned on the charm of Brazil clubs past like a light switch. So yes -- they're always formidable competition. If they make a final, I don't see anyone defeating them. My question is whether they will trip up en route.

Their WC 2006 quals have shown spotty performances. Of course, that was true with their WC 2002 quals. But I sort of attribute this to a tendency for Brazil lately to relax a little until they're cornered. Which, as we've seen with AC Milan (where there are more than a few connections with the Brazil NT), playing down to a "lesser" opponent can lead to trouble.

Parreira has some big choices to make in fielding a side. I think that will be rather pivotal. If he goes with the standbys like Ronaldo, I think that would be a mistake. However, if he sticks to some of their high-achieving youth, like Adriano and Robinho, they are going to be tough for anyone to beat indeed.

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
since i can't choose holland (who wouldn't love a holland - germany final and beating the germans in their own back yard), i'd have to go with england - france and france winning. preferably in the same fashion as in euro 2004

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
yeh thats a pity, but that england france match was just class. and i admire the way france fight back (im sure italy fans wont)

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
i remember it clearly, the last few minutes i was soo pissed off cos all my friends (most of em are english) were jumping shouting all happy, and then on comes zidane, it was just brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)