• AMD Athlon XP

• some sorta mac :doh:

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    I started out in 1993 with a 486DX w/ 4mb RAM. I still have it, but it's not being used for anything anymore. A couple of years ago it was a linux server, but a pretty lame one at 16 bogomips :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Some Mac, but then we got a Pentium. It was so cool back then.

My school had those really slow IBMs, I loved to play with them!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Ah ok.. my first pc was in the school.......... :p

in the "mecanografía " class-...... we used "Word Perfect" in that time...

yeah the one with the blue screen :D

I always remember how fascinated i was with the paintbrush :D... loved to do crazy things while in class.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    386 is all i know. I was too young to know about the specs of the hdd and ram. But i know it came with some Visual Basic blue intro screen (it only had DOS) and the menu screen gave me the option to play a coupel of games. It had some other stuff, but they didnt concern me. FInally, my dad got win 3.1 and that was when i started to actually use the computer, and that was the beggining of my game pirating career ;)

ah you gotta love thos 5 1/2 inch floppies.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    The first computer I used was a 286 at work as a data entrant. My first personal PC though was a Pentium II, 450Mhz, 64MB RAM, 4.3GB Harddisk & a 17" Monitor. In 1999 that was hot! I still use upto today although am thinking of switching it to become my Linux test bed soon.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    'Twas a day like any other. I had returned from school and was lazing about with nothing to do. Then my dad walked in, carrying a fairly large box under his arm. Upon asking what it was, I was told that it was a computer. State of that art it was, a lightning-fast 10 MHz processor, 4 MB RAM, a massive 20MB HDD, and the awesome 5 1/4" floppy disk drive

:touched:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    we used "Word Perfect" in that time...
    I used WordPerfect with it's 1 million shortcuts :eek:

I always remember how fascinated i was with the paintbrush :D... loved to do crazy things while in class.
    I hated paintbrush with a passion ..... still do :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I have already forgotten about my first computer... back in 1993 it was a top of the line Toshiba 486 with Windows operating system. I don't even remember its specs.

Still should be somewhere in the closet. I'm gonna try to find it.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    We had a 386 but I was 10 years old or something IIRC and didn't care about computers AT ALL (admittedly, I still don't but being at uni and all you kind of have to use them, you know). I spent my times playing football out on the streets in between shattered houses. Good times :touched:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    We had a 386 but I was 10 years old or something IIRC and didn't care about computers AT ALL (admittedly, I still don't but being at uni and all you kind of have to use them, you know). I spent my times playing football out on the streets in between shattered houses. Good times :touched:
    Same here... I was 15 back in 1993 and could care less. I played some DOS based computer games though... not anymore. The only game I played since was "snake" on my nokia phone.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    Gray you sure that was not a calculator? :D
    Essentially, it was about as powerful as a standard calculator, the only difference being that it plugged into the mains and consumed a lot more power :stress::D

I remember how disappointed I was when I brought home Doom, and couldn't play it because I needed 6MB RAM :down:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Essentially, it was about as powerful as a standard calculator, the only difference being that it plugged into the mains and consumed a lot more power :stress::D

I remember how disappointed I was when I brought home Doom, and couldn't play it because I needed 6MB RAM :down:
    Doom broke many hearts & is responsible for a whole load of upgrades. Funny how the scenario has changed and the graphic cards are so advanced waiting for the game programmers to catch up :eek:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    Doom broke many hearts & is responsible for a whole load of upgrades. Funny how the scenario has changed and the graphic cards are so advanced waiting for the game programmers to catch up :eek:
    Yeah funny that, I didn't think of it that way

Then again, Doom 3 will probably cause a lot of upgrades too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)