your favorite (holiday) country (1 Viewer)

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
It's simple: what's your favorite country to travel to and why? And which country don't you like at all and why....

My fav: Italy because I love the language, the food, the people,....and the culture is so different as in Belgium!

The worst: Germany because I have to go to Germany every year more than once...I become :scared: of that!

Buy on AliExpress.com

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
I think Erik will agree with you about Germany, but for other reasons :D

Favourite : Czech Rep, The Netherlands, Ireland, the Nordic countries as Denmark, Sweden and Norway, Switzeraland, I'll explain my reasons this evening :D, Finland

Yuck : ... Russia, don't ask me why :p , USA :yuck:

OP
€lke

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    I think Erik will agree with you about Germany, but for other reasons :D

Favourite : Czech Rep, The Netherlands, Ireland, the Nordic countries as Denmark, Sweden and Norway, Switzeraland, I'll explain my reasons this evening :D, Finland

Yuck : ... Russia, don't ask me why :p , USA :yuck:
    ow yes I forgot the USA (sorry Laura and the others) but it's true I also don't like it there..............brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It's ok that you'll explain everything tonight...I'm waiting :D

OP
    €lke

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    All right, great, it will be probably a long list :D

I'll come back at 17 o'clock to you, 18 to me :)

Is it good like this ?
    I think it will be later for me maybe 9pm....(10 for you) I can't change it :down: my grandparents are waiting...But if you post when you're here, I'll answer it when I'm here, allright?:D

OP
    €lke

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    All right :D

This GMT ... this lack of Internet at home ... they will kill me one day for sure :eek:

See you
    kill you? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp I'll come to Romania immediately!!:D

AnnA

May 14, 2003
    My favourites are Slovenia & Italy. I reall love them
    Worst: USA & Germany - without doubt.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I'd like to visit Italy... I love this country, I have some italian friends also..

other countries I'd like to travel too: Czech, Ireland and Spain.

Country I hate to travel to: Germany (I've been there .. awful :yuck: )

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Best: Egypt (It's not exactly as in the movies, but I liked it. Everything was new, exotic, kinda strange, you dont know what to expect... I love that), Sweden (I lived there for 4 years. It's quite beautiful. Miles and miles of wonderful sand beaches on a small island called Oland, then the big cities like Gothenburg and Stockholm...), Italy (Rimini, Torino, what else do you need)...

Worst: The Cech Republic (I didnt like Prague at all, maybe mostly because I didnt really want to go there)

CuTe-17

Jun 17, 2003
    best:Netherlands,i love it soo much over there,the poeple r frienldy and everyone i helpful and cheerfull,and shopping is wonderful there...

worst: unlike Germany,i realy hate it there...poeple r so racist(spelling???)
    specially old poeple :p..

i go to europ every year,but i dont think that i am going this year.. :)

OP
    €lke

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    hehe many people like Italy and most people don't like Germany (and France)

-->funny :LOL:

OP
    €lke

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    I know. But unlike Tom, I don't have nothing against France. Why do you hate it, Tom, btw :eek: ?

:D I'll post my list later.
    I like your lists Iulia :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Wow, so many people like the Netherlands ... stunning! I would have expected more people to like Italy and Spain but hey

My favourite:
    Italy
    Beautiful country, beautiful language, nice people, great weather and great football. Need I continue? ;)

Spain
    I'm a sucker for the Mediterranean and Spain comes in close second. I just love everything about the country, except the fact that there are so many Dutchmen who give me the feeling I never left home. But you can't go anywhere in Europe without running into Dutchmen so it's not a big con

UK
    Once lived there and never really left. Great island, great people who have a lot in common with the Dutch as I discovered. My second home! :cool:

Least favourite:
    Germany
    You cannot like Germany if you're Dutch and so I don't :D

SWITZERLAND :yuck:
    Every time I go there, I get screwed one way or the other and the people I met over there were never friendly. Super expensive taxi fares, some extra costs in the hotel they didn't tell me about in advance, not being allowed to sit down anywhere for some mysterious reason and then that stupid german like language I do not understand even though I'm fluid in normal German. Damn this country!

About not being allowed to sit down: we were visiting this city and we got tired so we wanted to sit down on a small wall so we could drink some water and rest. But this copper comes along, telling us we're only allowed to sit on the designated benches :groan: Needless to say that those are always full, turning sitting down into a big ordeal that resembles parking a car in London or Amsterdam :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)