Your expectations on Juve so far (1 Viewer)

Season so far...

• 1- Crap!

• 6- Passing mark

• 10- Perfect!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Roma are definitely in a crisis.
I'm not so sure if we can call it crisis at all. They sold two big stars and more importantly, very influental players, in the last two seasons (Chivu and Mancini) and they couldn't replace them. Totti is getting older and he can't play at the same level as before.

I think their quality is not at the same level as it was in 2007 and 2008. You could call it crisis i guess, but i don't think that they can do much better than this. (yeah, they are good enough to be 4th or even 3rd, but not good enough to fight for the title anymore)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Their fans where happy to see Mancini go. From what i have read and heard. Mainly cause he was lazy and not consistent.

Got to say though, they havent really find good replacements. Or the replacements havent yet settled in (Menez?).

Chivu though imo has been replaced. Chivu played in cd for roma, and well imo Juan is def overall been better player.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Menez was very good so far but Spalletti still prefers Taddei and I don't think they lost much when Mancini left.

They are in crisis,but financial.They should sell the club if they want to do something actually.

Their team is not good enough and they had some bad games when season started.You can't expect anything from them when they have Loria as a back up.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
And what is Milan's average performance? Judging from the last 3 serie A seasons i'd say this what we're seeing this year actually IS their average performance (maybe even above average).
Are you saying that this team Milan have is underperforming or the name Milan is underperforming?

You all got a very good reply from Lion so i won't say more.
I cannot respond to their behalf, as i dont know what each one had in mind exactly, but they had some expectation from us and some, from the other teams too.
Thats where Lion was wrong and it is a common misconception in these forums, that ppl only discredit our performances and the performances of our direct opponents only after the season is over and we beat some of them.

We have been crippled, sent to hell and returned. It is normal for us, to expect a so much lesser performance, from Juve, considering our current material and our old standards. But unlike us, Roma and Milan did not relegate, they shouldnt be affected by calciopoli as we did.
However, this is not the case, apparently, they are not nearly as competitive as they where before the scandal.
To me this is an indication that smth even more dubious is going on.
What we have seen from calciopoli, was only a fraction, of what really happened and affected those teams, far more than we think.

Fact is though, that they are not as effective/competitive as they used to be pre-calciopoli. Even Juve supporters who have been accustomed to their competition, recognize that, because we have learned how good we must be to overcome them.
An intimate relation has been established between us and our direct competitors.
There is no virtual reason to expect them to be so bad, being less affected than us
and thats why ppl generally expects better things from them and feels lucky now, watching them, not achieving those standards we have been accustomed to, for years/decades
and our anemic efforts (comparing to the old competitive Juve) being enough to catch up...

Calciopoli has weakened the entire Italian league a great deal
and they all conspired against us, mostly to end our superiority.
Personally i will never show any kind of mercy or sympathy to any Italian team,
in any European or any other competition.
Even if that means that the entire league is going to be condemned to mediocrity,
then so be it, they are ruthless and did not consider this when they started all this.
They only wanted to bring us down, at any cost!
We are not as competitive as before and the way we are working, we will never will be.
Since the league decays by the year, we might actually have a chance in the future...i dont want them to recover any time sooner than us!
We only have to worry about Inter, they are the only team that have walked away thought this, not only unharmed, but also strengthened!
They dont even have to try anymore, they can lead the league with cruise speed...
We have to keep the pressure on them, because this team has never been capable of going any faster anyway, they have always been born losers, who have been under-performing and these are the only circumstances they could ever win smth!

That and the sooner or later, Milan awakening...

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Fact is though, that they are not as effective/competitive as they used to be pre-calciopoli.

Calciopoli has weakened the entire Italian league a great deal
Ive said it before but here it goes again.The Italian league has been on a downward slide for ages due to pathetic marketing,sub standard broadcasting quality & extremely boring commentating.

Since the inception of the EPL they have done extensive marketing using star players to their full potential.The video broadcasting is crystal clear,the commentators do their homework giving player/team statistics & history.Basically they make it interesting & inform fans constantly.It certainly helps that english is the medium of instruction but they have done a stellar job of marketing the EPL.

Add the entire calciopoli issue which has further diminished the Italian league in international eyes it no surprise that players would much rather choose a league of excitement & "integrity"Serie A simply cant compete with the EPL unless it gets back to basics.The EPL gains more followers year by year therefore increasing fans that pay for merchandise & subscriptions for footbal coverage.The simple fact that billionaires & tycoons getting into the action simply tells you where the money lies.

Also most new football fans want goals,goal, & goals.The EPL offers that in abundance dispite the fact that defense is not a priority.The fast pace adds to the excitement coupled with the broadcast & commentating quality i mentioned.

Football is a business now & any business that fails to market their product effectively plans to fail.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Our expectations could be even higher if not for injuries according to
Channel 4

Saturday 21 March, 2009

Pain barrier

With Jose Mourinho claiming Inter will win the Scudetto, Dave Taylor believes he should first thank his lucky stars for Juventus’ injury list

It looks like Inter have another clear run to the Scudetto, with second placed Juventus seven points behind and Milan a further five back. The only possible threat on their almost cloudless horizon is next month’s visit to face La Vecchia Signora in Turin.

All things considered, they have a relatively easy run in compared to Juve’s forthcoming fixtures. Apart from that clash against the Nerazzurri, the Bianconeri still have to visit Roma, Genoa and Milan. Yet with 30 points to play for the belief in their camp is that they can still catch up with Jose Mourinho’s team. Not that Jose appears to lend any credence to that, following his recent claim that Inter would win the Scudetto.

But if Juventus had not suffered such a horrific injury list many feel that Mourinho would not be in a position to expound such a belief. One such expert is former Juve legend Jose Altafini, who insists that the injuries to his old team cost Claudio Ranieri both European and domestic honours. “I think the problem this season with Juventus has been all the injuries, and they will need a miracle to bounce back now,” he proposed.

Facts certainly back him. In the recent Champions League defeat by Chelsea they had five top players injured. Not many sides could cope with losing a defender like Nicola Legrottaglie or two creative midfielders like Mauro Camoranesi and Pavel Nedved – notwithstanding Momo Sissoko and Cristiano Zanetti.

While at various junctures an injury plagued Juventus have missed Gianluigi Buffon, Paolo De Ceglie, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Zdenek Grygera, Christian Poulsen, Camoranesi, Giorgio Chiellini, Hasan Salihamidzic, Olof Mellberg and Tiago to name more than a few. Factor in the recent news that Amauri, whose 12 goals in 27 games explain his fine form, could be out for another three weeks or so and it doesn’t get any better.

Yet, on the other hand, despite a horrendous injury list – which included David Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Zanetti, Marco Marchionni, Sissoko, Nedved, Legrottaglie, Alex Manninger and Dario Knezevic – they still managed to beat Bologna 4-1 at the weekend.

Some blame the medical staff, with a reported 27 individual players injured at one time or another, but some critics just shrug their shoulders and claim that’s what a big squad is for. Yet surely to suffer that many is sheer bad luck. Whatever the reason, what has been unlucky for the Bianconeri seems to have been extremely lucky for Jose’s Nerazzurri.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Just what i wanted to say. The injuries really screwed us. I know it for a fact that if there hadnt been so many injuries we would have done much better. As for this topic; I expected Juve to reach the 1/4 finals of the CL. Nevertheless, im very satisfied with Juve so far.

juvearab

Feb 26, 2007
Exactly im sure without the injuries we could have went through another round in the champions league and been closer to inter at that this stage but i will give it a 7 as i didnt expect to do this well before the season

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
i am more than satisfied.
Given that Inter has the better squad.. the much higher resources.. the best coach and the refs... 7 points less is very very good...
and Milan are a disgrace to football..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fact is though, that they are not as effective/competitive as they used to be pre-calciopoli.

Ive said it before but here it goes again.The Italian league has been on a downward slide for ages due to pathetic marketing,sub standard broadcasting quality & extremely boring commentating.

Since the inception of the EPL they have done extensive marketing using star players to their full potential.The video broadcasting is crystal clear,the commentators do their homework giving player/team statistics & history.Basically they make it interesting & inform fans constantly.It certainly helps that english is the medium of instruction but they have done a stellar job of marketing the EPL.

Add the entire calciopoli issue which has further diminished the Italian league in international eyes it no surprise that players would much rather choose a league of excitement & "integrity"Serie A simply cant compete with the EPL unless it gets back to basics.The EPL gains more followers year by year therefore increasing fans that pay for merchandise & subscriptions for footbal coverage.The simple fact that billionaires & tycoons getting into the action simply tells you where the money lies.

Also most new football fans want goals,goal, & goals.The EPL offers that in abundance dispite the fact that defense is not a priority.The fast pace adds to the excitement coupled with the broadcast & commentating quality i mentioned.

Football is a business now & any business that fails to market their product effectively plans to fail.
You do realize they speak Italian in Italy, right?
Put an Italian to comment an EPL match, see if he sounds more enthusiastic than an Englishman commenting on Serie A.
Just listening to the guy speaking for bet365 makes me wanna wack myself.

About goals, more have been scored in Serie A than EPL, so there's another point out the window.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Whats your point exactly?Are you trying to say only Italians should watch Serie A?The point im making is that the EPL has a greater appeal to the international community than any other league.If anybody tells me that Martin Taylor is a shite commentator,they are obviously delusional.The majority of foreign supporters of the EPL speak english as their second preferred language,making it easier it understand wheter it be spoken or written.

Watch any Serie A or La Liga match & when stats come up its in the language of the res[ective league.Highlight shows aren't any better.At the end of the day if Serie A is to complete on a global front its imperative that they have seperate commentating sections for english & italian with detailed stats,info on players & teams alike.

As for the goals issue,its not purely about the goals but more importantly the pace of the english game which has a mass appeal,together with the commentators that keep up with the pace of the game & deliver a superior break down of the game at hand.

Say all you want but your coming off as one of those delusional calcio fans that cant accept the fact that the EPL is far ahead of the chasing pack.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I think Juve have the best squad in Serie A but they cant reach their full potiential.But ı think Inter gives more chances to young players.Success comes with young players' foots.
aah...wrong?...take juve's 11 squad vs merda's....they have balloteli and that defender i forgot what his name is,but inter didn't played them so much comparired with us...we rotated dc/ariaudo/marchisio/giovinco in 95% of our matches this season.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
aah...wrong?...take juve's 11 squad vs merda's....they have balloteli and that defender i forgot what his name is,but inter didn't played them so much comparired with us...we rotated dc/ariaudo/marchisio/giovinco in 95% of our matches this season.
Santon...versatile too, played RB today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)