you hungry for love? failed with your own species? try a pet instead (8 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
on Saturday i had Shadow out for a walk,the usual long walk and over the famous Edinburgh landmark Arthurs Seat,after half an hours walk along the path we had crossed the road heading towards the hill when he ran down the hill,right onto the road...every dog owners worst night mare ensued.....

i seen the car coming,i could see Shadow was running directly into it's path and i swear to god i have never felt such fear. the car hit him and i started to run after him. Shadow started to run....just run,he was terrified and was heading for home,there was no way i was catching him,we were a couple of miles from home and although the cycle path is safe you have to cross a very busy road halfway along,i was terrified that he would run right along and into the path of another car.

i started sprinting as fast as i could(wearing big heavy boots not helping) and frantically called my mate to run round my house and see if he could see Shadow.....i kept running,dreading finding him in the bushes in pain..or worse getting to the main road and finding him under the wheels of another car. i get to the road and thankfully no sign of an incident,i call my mate but he syill hasn't seen the dog.
then he comes running back from the direction of home,i manage to get him back on the lead but he is shaking and keeps trying to jump into the bushes and hide whenever he hears any noise.

the last few days have been a case of trying to build back his confidence but he has been very nervous of anything,any noise and he tried to run home.

today was a turning point,he seems much happier again and more like himself. thankfully it looks like the metal scars are more mine than his but i swear,just for a second,i thought i had lost him

Attachments

OP
Bezzy

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
  • Thread Starter #700
    I am sorry to hear that red and marc. May both of your cat and animal rest in peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)