Yahoo Serie A Fantasy Football (3 Viewers)

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    Yep. Give it a day so that the scores can update overnight and new picks are enabled for any personnel changes you might want tomorrow.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #55
    My back line is completely lame, but I've been scoring big points up front. Time to change out the rear guard. I could kick myself for not getting Abbiati for a song at the start of the season...

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    My back line is completely lame, but I've been scoring big points up front. Time to change out the rear guard. I could kick myself for not getting Abbiati for a song at the start of the season...
    yeah,The backline in yahoo system is messed up. they're getting too little points.
    for example, how come Zebina who played not more than 10 minutes in first match got 6 points, while Cannavaro only got 6 points.

Swag, which GK are you using now?choosing Abbiati is a bit risky, because when Buffon come back, he will lose his place. I'm afraid I won't have extra points to get a good GK.

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    Swag, which GK are you using now?choosing Abbiati is a bit risky, because when Buffon come back, he will lose his place. I'm afraid I won't have extra points to get a good GK.
    These games reward goalies a lot for their overall defensive performances. With Yahoo's, at least it's not as bad as UEFA's Champions League game where they only recognize clean sheets as a means of scoring goalies. In Yahoo, they take into account saves, etc., which allows the likes of Antonioli and (formerly) Pagliuca to score very high.

Abbiati won't score much on the save front, etc., but I expect him to make up for that on the clean sheet front. And given that Gigi is going to be out for at least a couple more months, you'll have plenty of time to rake in some points while Abbiati is in as a regular.

If you use the "update team value" link when you have a number of players in the "red" (i.e., dropped in value), you'll get the cash back in your overall sum of remaining free money to spend on transfers. So when the time comes, hopefully you can get someone halfway decent.

Rarely have I seen a strategy work in this thing where you should hold on to a player for weeks with mediocre weekly points because replacing him might get expensive. Bargains show up all the time with injuries, players having bad patches, and favorable upcoming matchups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)