Xavi has been named the best player (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is not really average, not at all, he has the qualities to be topnotch, but for years he has underpeformed and mainly been at best a very good player in parts (and quite often average). Has been inconsistent or onesided in his game for a while, not really carried Barca or the NT. He consistently has failed to step up and too often has flattered to deceive (has the qualities, just not really shown it enough).

But this euro, he was AMAZING. There were at times he was just decent and they needed change, which is mainly when Cesc came on (who in overall is the better player, but not this euro), but mainly has been super consistent in this tourno. Really showed whats what in the their great midfield, and just been a standout and fantastic in keeping up the tempo and controlling the play.

for MVP of the tourno, it was IMO a toss up between him and Senna, and he got it. Either of them would have deserved it, and Xavi defenitely does.

Villa would have a case if he was bit better in the playoffs and not injured for the final. The overall 20 players chosen IMO is quite deserved list, except IMO Bosingwa being the only who who has no place being there. And that Deco deserves to be there because he was stellar. Sergio Ramos too, even if he was poor mostly in the group stage, but improved alot for the playoffs (Chiellini played too few games, otherwise would have been there).

P.S Iniesta is fucking great (even if he lacks end product a little bit), thats that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Wide. Passes the ball the wide. That's Xavi. Anyone can do that.

@Senor: yes, he constantly sucks and every once in a while plays a great game.
I think you hold some grudge against the player, because that is really the only logical explanation for what you say.

Seriously, are you doing drugs today or something, Andries? Because this is a really weird opinion.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think you hold some grudge against the player, because that is really the only logical explanation for what you say.

Seriously, are you doing drugs today or something, Andries? Because this is a really weird opinion.
But that's what he does! He passes the ball wide. That's all he ever does. And passing the ball wide is pretty damn easy. He has perfectioned the art of passing the ball wide, but his game is full of flaws. He does NOT provide the killer assist, unlike you stated, but bores the opposition into attacking him. A player like Pirlo, who is far, far, far better than Xavi, does provide killer assists.

However, this doesn't mean Xavi is completely useless. Far from actually. He can be the link between one good player (Fabregas) and another good player (for example Senna). Xavi would receive the ball from someone and then pass it wide to Fabregas, who actually has the ability to either move forward or at least push for a goal (unlike Xavi). What Xavi does though is easy. It's especially easy if you play in a world class team like Spain.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Not at passing though. And vision and creativity...

I'll have to disagree here with you Andy....From passing to vision to creativity to dribbling to DEFENDING De Rossi is the better player without any doubt.

Xavi might have the lights on him more because he's playing for a bigger club than De Rossi is playing at. But if we put them in the same team, it'll be obvious that De Rossi has more of an impact on the field than Xavi.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Bosingwa is one overrated fast runner.
yeah pity he could not cross the road,i really do not see what the fuss is about

Too bad Italy's midfield was practically retarded the whole tournament. Might as well just send a bunch of retards out there for the Azzurri.
the FIGC went one better and put a retard on the bench to organise them

Deco should have been on that list. He was more instrumental for Portugal than Ronaldo ever was.

And you can't blame the guy for dufus teammates like Paulo Ferreira and Ricardo for talking walks on free kicks.
deco was class as always,by far portugals best player...yet again

P.S Iniesta is fucking great (even if he lacks end product a little bit), thats that.
if he could add goals to his game he would be fantastic

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'll have to disagree here with you Andy....From passing to vision to creativity to dribbling to DEFENDING De Rossi is the better player without any doubt.

Xavi might have the lights on him more because he's playing for a bigger club than De Rossi is playing at. But if we put them in the same team, it'll be obvious that De Rossi has more of an impact on the field than Xavi.
That's the thing. Xavi's impact is zero.

Durden

May 11, 2006
But that's what he does! He passes the ball wide. That's all he ever does. And passing the ball wide is pretty damn easy. He has perfectioned the art of passing the ball wide, but his game is full of flaws. He does NOT provide the killer assist, unlike you stated, but bores the opposition into attacking him. A player like Pirlo, who is far, far, far better than Xavi, does provide killer assists.

However, this doesn't mean Xavi is completely useless. Far from actually. He can be the link between one good player (Fabregas) and another good player (for example Senna). Xavi would receive the ball from someone and then pass it wide to Fabregas, who actually has the ability to either move forward or at least push for a goal (unlike Xavi). What Xavi does though is easy. It's especially easy if you play in a world class team like Spain.
He made the assist for Torres' goal against Germany..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Do you think Xabi Alonso is better than Xavi?

It's not about lights or whatever that is. I've watched these players for years. I don't agree that De Rossi is the better passer, that's for sure. Maybe he has better vision and is better at being overrated.

I bet Xavi wouldn't start at Juve.
nah, i have no doubt he wont start at juve, in italy you get a second to make a decision in midfield he couldnt even do it with 5 in spain
:wth: :shifty:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's like every single time a player from either Barca or Spain comes up in a discussion, immediately the player is lambasted. Ronaldinho, Xavi, Marquez, Puyol, etc, every single time, there are people who say they're shit. Where the hell does that leave other players on our team? Xavi would waltz right into the team and own those jokes we call defenders barring Chiellini.

Seriously, I think people have an inferiority complex when it comes to those two teams, but that's just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)