Xavi has been named the best player (6 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Too bad Italy's midfield was practically retarded the whole tournament. Might as well just send a bunch of retards out there for the Azzurri.
Xavi is a fantastic player.
Oh please. Knock it off. The Azzurri didn't win. We saw they didn't. Guess what, they won the World Cup. Too bad, loser.

Xavi is not a fantastic player. He is in fact a quite poor player. It's just that everyone around him (except Iniesta, who's arguably even worse) is simply fantastic. All Xavi does is pass the ball wide. And don't tell me that was a great assist he provided for Torres last night. It was actually an awful pass Torres miraculously turned into a good one.

Fabregas on the other hand is brilliant. Without him Spain were struggling against Russia, with him Spain destroyed them. Fabregas adds speed, depth and football intellect. Xavi adds nothing. Ridiculous choice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You guess what: The Azzurri sucks and you're just jealous about it. Xavi is a fantastic player and if he was Italian he would start and you'd praise him.

PS - Aquilani will never be as a good as Xavi.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You guess what: The Azzurri sucks and you're just jealous about it. Xavi is a fantastic player and if he was Italian he would start and you'd praise him.

PS - Aquilani will never be as a good as Xavi.
Andy,

I think you're a bit of a retard. Perhaps you're frustrated because a lot of people seem to hate you these days. But, if you were paying attention, you would have noticed that I think Xavi is a mediocre player and that a brilliant Fabregas should have played more instead. Besides that I also said Xavi was surrounded by fantastic players.

Let's not divert the argument. Xavi sucks and you know it. You might want to provide a football argument next time as well. 2006 still makes you sick it seems. Well, get over it. The Italians are world champions.

PS: De Rossi's already better.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Welcome to the land of ad hominem.
Don't act as if I started ad hominem attacks. I gave Andy a perfectly sound argument as to why Xavi blows and Fabregas should play instead, but he decides to insult the Azzurri. God knows why, he knows it's going to backfire.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy,

I think you're a bit of a retard. Perhaps you're frustrated because a lot of people seem to hate you these days. But, if you were paying attention, you would have noticed that I think Xavi is a mediocre player and that a brilliant Fabregas should have played more instead. Besides that I also said Xavi was surrounded by fantastic players.

Let's not divert the argument. Xavi sucks and you know it. You might want to provide a football argument next time as well. 2006 still makes you sick it seems. Well, get over it. The Italians are world champions.

PS: De Rossi's already better.
It doesn't matter. Spain did well with Xavi as their leader in midfield... and they owned the tournament.

That's all that matters. Plus he won the best player award - okay, he may not be the best player in Europe, but he IS a great player.

Like I said, this unfounded criticism of Xavi is just bias. You know better than this, Andries.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't act as if I started ad hominem attacks. I gave Andy a perfectly sound argument as to why Xavi blows and Fabregas should play instead, but he decides to insult the Azzurri. God knows why, he knows it's going to backfire.
It's just because you're an Azzurri fan and you're angry the award didn't go to Buffon or something. That sums up this stuff.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It doesn't matter. Spain did well with Xavi as their leader in midfield... and they owned the tournament.

That's all that matters. Plus he won the best player award - okay, he may not be the best player in Europe, but he IS a great player.

Like I said, this unfounded criticism of Xavi is just bias. You know better than this, Andries.
The bias isn't coming from me. I have always disliked Xavi's game. As for Spain, no, I don't like them. But I have lots of Spanish friends, so why on earth would I pick on Xavi just because Spain won?

You on the other hand are biased. Because guess what, Fabregas plays in the Premier League.. Either way, Xavi is a quite mediocre player. Yes, Spain did well with him in the midfield, but not because of him. Exchange Xavi with any other guy who can pass a ball 5 metres and they would have done just as well.

Apr 12, 2004
No, not at all, I was talking about his attack on the Azzurri and agreeing with you that he should argue what you said and not flip it to something else...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The bias isn't coming from me. I have always disliked Xavi's game. As for Spain, no, I don't like them. But I have lots of Spanish friends, so why on earth would I pick on Xavi just because Spain won?

You on the other hand are biased. Because guess what, Fabregas plays in the Premier League.. Either way, Xavi is a quite mediocre player. Yes, Spain did well with him in the midfield, but not because of him. Exchange Xavi with any other guy who can pass a ball 5 metres and they would have done just as well.
But I agree that Fabregas is the better player OVERALL! And yeah, he should have always started, but Xavi should have started the entire tournament, which he did. And you know what? Starting him proved to be a good decision.

What he's better at than Cesc is the pure ability to create killer passes. With Xavi's vision and creativity, he would provide any team with better fluidity in attack.

Saying Xavi is a mediocre player is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Deco should have been on that list. He was more instrumental for Portugal than Ronaldo ever was.

And you can't blame the guy for dufus teammates like Paulo Ferreira and Ricardo for talking walks on free kicks.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Xavi is not a fantastic player. He is in fact a quite poor player. It's just that everyone around him (except Iniesta, who's arguably even worse) is simply fantastic. All Xavi does is pass the ball wide. And don't tell me that was a great assist he provided for Torres last night. It was actually an awful pass Torres miraculously turned into a good one.

Fabregas on the other hand is brilliant. Without him Spain were struggling against Russia, with him Spain destroyed them. Fabregas adds speed, depth and football intellect. Xavi adds nothing. Ridiculous choice.
excellent assessment except for Iniesta which kinda makes me doubt your(and de facto my) sanity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)