Xabi Alonso (10 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Reina

- Carragher - Agger - Skrtel -
Degen Dossena

Gerrard - Mascherano - Xabi

Torres - Keane

Not too bad I guess but I dont like back fives.
That's more like it. Degen and Dossena attacking out wide and Carra, Agger, and Skrtel doing the defending. That's a good formation but we could also go with a 4-3-1-2 now or a 4-4-2. Remember we still have Babel, Yossi, Kuyt, Aurellio, and Finnan on the bench. And if at least one of our young players, most likely Pacheco pan out, it could be sweet depth.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Not yet but i think pretty soon, he had some issues with Schalke....
Apparently we've been offered 6 million for Arba, which would be a solid profit. He's probably our most consistent RB so it sucks that he may be leaving, but if he is committed to go and we can get 6 out of it and potentially buy Rafina then I have no problem.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
I'm sorry, Rafinha can't defend mates, like Degen.

Arbeloa wants to go back to Spain for personal reasons, and apparently Sevilla have made an offer.

Anyway 3-5-2 is a possibility, they played in in some friendly iirc, but I dont like that formation either

Reina

Carragher/Degen
Agger
Skrtel
Dossena/Aurélio

Mascherano
Xabi

Gerrard
Keane
Babel

Torres

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I'm sorry, Rafinha can't defend mates, like Degen.

Arbeloa wants to go back to Spain for personal reasons, and apparently Sevilla have made an offer.

Anyway 3-5-2 is a possibility, they played in in some friendly iirc, but I dont like that formation either

Reina

Carragher/Degen
Agger
Skrtel
Dossena/Aurélio

Mascherano
Xabi

Gerrard
Keane
Babel

Torres
I think we're going to scrap the 4-2-3-1. Could be a 4-3-1-2?

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
I reckon you'll stick with it tbh, you got more success playing this way.

You could play Masch - Gerrard - Xabi then Yossi behind Torres and Keane. Or Keane behind Torres and Kuyt.

Give Gerrard a game in his natural position for once.

Or you could play Gerrard behind Keane and Torres, I just think 4-2-3-1 is best tbqh.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Goal.com is reporting we signed Barry today. I don't know if there is much truth in it. But it could mean Xabi will become available for a bargain price or he's going to Inter.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Goal.com just reached a new level.

When you search for News for Gareth Barry on Google,you get a link reading 'Liverpool finallay agree fee for Barry'.But when you click it,the headline on the page reads 'Official : Barry staying with Villa'.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Goal.com just reached a new level.

When you search for News for Gareth Barry on Google,you get a link reading 'Liverpool finallay agree fee for Barry'.But when you click it,the headline on the page reads 'Official : Barry staying with Villa'.
This morning it said that we signed Barry for 17.5 plus Finnan. Just goes to show Goal.com may be less reliable than tribalfootball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)